CORAL

VerMilion Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Natty POV

Winter never occurred in Thailand but in my everyday life it does. Cold, colder, coldest. Until this bright chili arrived in my reality and not just from the book. There are a few things that I only know about myself. I am nineteen years of age, I am called Natty, and I can speak and understand Thai and English. Unfortunately, I was banned to speak English 5 years ago and it was also when I forgot everything else about myself.

I thought it is just the chili and since that day the upcoming surprises were unstoppable. I boiled water and let the steam provide me warmth with a blanket covering myself. All these years I am able to support myself with limited memories and part of me urges me to just keep going. I closed my eyes to feel the warmth even more. I saw a beautiful face saying “Everything will get better, Preeya”.

I heard footsteps entering the attic. Am I still dreaming or is warming myself forbidden this time?

I opened my eyes seeing a man and two women. They took their masks off and the man spoke Thai introducing themselves to me.

“We are here to save you.” the girl named Mina said

“I’ll take this” the girl named Sejeong took the big bowl of hot water.

I still don’t understand why but I took some of my stuff including the chili and then followed them. The guy named BamBam told me that they will explain everything after we escape from the villa.

“Cover ears please” Mina said with her eyes smiling and gesturing what she said.

As I did as I was told, Sejeong used the hot water against a few guards and BamBam shot the rest.

Guards down. Dark. Shots fired. Doors kicked. Sirens of police echoed outside. These guys really helped me escape, such a great escape.

My life’s winter ends right now, I am finally safe in the tropics. The chapter of getting to know the rest of me starts with them. The girl calling me Preeya must be part of my memories.

 

 

SOMI POV

“You should be grateful that we welcomed you with warmth and helped revitalize you. You are a fish in need of a home, a coral!”

I am so upset but before walking out I placed a tissue box beside his plate. I am fuming so much I don’t think I can handle it at this point.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter