Waiting

Letting Go

The next day...

 
Min Hee's POV
 
Mom told me that I should stop meeting with Heechul after school. Instead, I should be out with that Kim Ki Bum guy who is going to be my future husband. I was walking towards home when I saw him.
"Annyeong!" he greeted with a big smile. He looks kinda cute. "Hello," I answered. "Do you want to go somewhere?" he asked. I nodded. "Can we eat? I'm really hungry," I replied. "Sure. But do you mind if I ask my friend to come eat with us? He wants to meet you," he said. "That's fine with me," I said as we walked to a nearby restaurant. I sat on a chair and looked at the menu. I ordered a big bowl of noodles and put the menu down. I was surprised to see Ki Bum looking at me. "Ya! Oppa, stop that," I said. "Haha! Sorry. Anyway, we don't know anything about each other. So I'll start introducing myself first. I'm Kim Ki Bum, my friends call me Key for short. I'm 22 years old. My motto in life is to always be happy!" he said. I smiled. He's only 22? But he looks younger. "And he has a very good looking best friend whom he loves so much," someone butted in. We turned to look and saw a tall, brown haired guy.
He sat beside Key and he shook my hand. "Annyeonghaseyo yeppeun miina. Choneun Lee Jinki imnida. You can call me Onew," he said with a smile. He looked cute just like Key. Then they started talking about boy stuff. When our food arrived, we ate and Onew looked at us sadly. "What?" I asked consciously. "You didn't order any food for me!" he exclaimed. Key motioned for the waiter to come back. "I want chicken. Lots and lots and lots and LOTS of chicken," Onew said. "Ya! Oppa, you should love chicken that much!" I said. He just smiled at me while Key was explaining, "He's madly inlove with chicken. I once asked him what his choice would be between his friends and chicken. He answered chicken!" I laughed. His food arrived moments later and Key and I started talking. "What do you think of our arranged marriage?" I asked. "At first, I don't really like the idea of getting married. Imagine, I'm only 22! But anyway, since it's for something good, I agreed. But sometimes we just never know. You can't really force something important like marriage, right Onew?" he nudged Onew. Onew didn't respond. He kept nudging Onew, who kept on munching his prized chicken meal. "Ayssi, it's no use," I joked. 
 
 
When we went out of the restaurant, it was already dark. Key's phone started ringing. "I'll just answer this. Wait for me," he said while walking away. Onew and I stopped. "Ya, Min Hee-sshi, what will your ideal man be like?" he asked, trying to start a conversation. I breathed deeply and answered. "He's someone who...he's a gentleman. He's smart, and funny. I don't even care if he's handsome or not. I like someone who is hardworking, selfless and understanding," I replied. "What do you think of Key? Will he make a good husband for you?" he asked seriously. I sighed. "I don't know yet for now. But maybe. I think he's a really nice guy and I hope he'll be good to me," I said. "He will be. Don't be too hard on him, okay? This wasn't easy for him too. Try to get to know him. That guy, he will really make an effort to know you. So please, just be good to him, okay? And I will love you both for the rest of my life," he said while hugging me. "But not as much as you love chicken," I added. "Maybe," he answered. I laughed. "Ya! Onew-ah! Stop that. You'll suffocate her," Key shouted from afar. It had started to rain, so Key brought me home immediately.
 
Hee Chul's POV
 
My work for today was finished. I went to the Han river, the spot where Min Hee and I always meet. But I didn't see her. Maybe she had left, thinking I wouldn't come. I'll just wait for her, maybe she'll come back, knowing I'll wait for her. I waited for an hour. I sighed. I'm starting to get worried. Maybe she felt sick and went home early. What if she'll come back here? I decided to wait for another hour. It was already getting dark. I want to leave now, but what if she comes back here and looks for me? I'll keep on waiting for her. Then it started to rain. Ugh, it feels like the rain is piercing holes throughout my body. She'll never come back here, I realized. I started walking towards home. 
 
A car passed by. I looked inside and saw a beautiful girl who was laughing beside a brown haired guy. It was Min Hee. The car splashed rainwater while it passed, leaving me soaking wet. I hurried home. Well...at least she's happy, safe, and warm.
 
Onew's POV
 
I'm now on the way home. I had a fun time today with Key and Min Hee. She was really nice and pretty. Although I don't think that both of them are ready to get married yet. I know that Key will be good to Min Hee. He's such a gentleman. He treats girls well. With Min Hee, I know she's going to be a good wife to Key. I wish they'd get married later. Key was right, marriage shouldn't be forced. But if it's for the best, then let it be. 
 
Key's POV
 
"Key-ah! You're really lucky to have a future wife like Min Hee!" Onew shouted over the phone. I have just arrived home and I'm really happy for today. "I know. Why, do you like her too? She's so pretty and nice right?" I answered. "Aniyo, she's got the beauty and the brains. She's the complete package. What more could you ask for?" he exclaimed. I sighed. Onew was right, though. She's pretty and smart. She's nice too. Unlike the other girls I've dated. "She's so unlike that girl you used to date. What's her name? I think it was Jenny. Was that right? Yeah I think it's Jenny," he added. "Of course! How could I forget Jenny. She told me she wanted to be with me but when we're together, she keeps on rambling about how I should kiss her often, should feed her. She keeps ranting on and on about the girls I've dated, telling me that she's the best I ever had. She's so full of herself!" I sighed. I HATE girls who think they're all that. But with Min Hee, everything was different. She only talked when spoken to, she didn't nag about what I should and shouldn't do. I'm starting to like her.