Following Onew's Advice

Letting Go

 

The next day...
 
Key's POV
 
Okay. Today is the day I'm going to ask Min Hee out. I can do this. I have done this many times before. But right when I start dialling her number on my phone, my breathing speeds up and I feel sweat down my face. The same thing happened for 2 to 3 times until I got so frustrated that I called Onew instead. "ONEW-AH! I WANT TO ASK HER OUT ON A DATE BUT I GET SO NERVOUS!" I shouted out of frustration after he answered. He hung up the phone! Aish. If only he isn't my best friend, I would have punched him on the face already. He's so rude! He hung up the phone when I wanted to talk to someone so badly. 
 
Sender: Key
 
Yah! Chicken guy! Why did you hung up on me? 
 
 
Sender: Onew
 
Because you were so rude, you just shouted at me! Did you even realize that my phone was so close to my ear? I could have been deaf by now! Say sorry first!
 
 
Sender: Key
 
Okay. Mianhe, omma.
 
He called me. "Aish. Onew-ah, I want to ask Min Hee out. But I can't! I'm so frustrated right now," I said desperately. "Just breathe deeply and relax. I'll hung up and you go and call her. Arasseo?" he said then hung up. I finally got the strength to call her. She picked up the phone after the first ring. "Yoboseyo?" she answered. "Annyeong Min Hee-sshi! Are you going to do something today?" I asked. "Nothing. Guess, I'm free. Why?" she asked. "Well, I want to take you out on a date to the amusement park," I said. "Really? Come over to my house now!" she exclaimed in excitement. Yes! My plan had worked!
 
I parked my car in front of her house. She went out of the house wearing a hoodie with a skirt and sneakers.
She looked gorgeous even in simple clothes. We headed to the amusement park. Once there, she started pulling me to different rides. I was the one who screamed like a girl on the rides she chose. She kept laughing and teasing me for being scared. "Oppa, let's take pictures together," she suggested as she took her phone out. We started posing in front of the camera. "Wait, let's take pictures on my phone too," I offered. I chose a picture of us and made it as my wallpaper. We ate lunch in a restaurant. We talked about my childhood and about growing up in different countries. "Wow. It must have been hard adjusting to different places," she said. "Of course, but I was happy being with my parents everywhere they go. At least we're together," I answered. "What countries have you been in?" she asked. "Hmm. I've been around Europe mostly. But I've gone to America, in California to be exact. Also around Asia, in Japan, Philippines, China, India, but mostly for vacations only," I replied. "Wow. You're so lucky to go from country to country," she exclaimed. "Maybe after we get married, I'll bring you to different places too. But it wasn't all sight seeing and shopping. I had to repeat different courses and subjects because I always transferred schools. I have no permanent friends. And it's hard to know different languages," I said. 
 
Onew's POV
 
I was busy playing NBA when my phone started ringing. "Yoboseyo?" I answered. "Annyeong oppa!" someone said. "Who is this?" I asked. "It's Min Hee," she replied. I paused the game. "Annyeong! So, what happened during your date?" I said. "It was so fun! I enjoyed spending time with Key. I got to know about him more," she stated. "Wow. That's great!" I exclaimed. Omo, Key must have really made an effort to know her better,