The Onew Condition

Letting Go

Min Hee's POV

 
After defeating Onew for the 5th time straight, my eyes were tired and I was hungry. I had left Hee Chul on the riverside during noon and I haven't eaten since breakfast. "Oppa, since you lost for many times already, you should cook food for us," I said. "Sure sure. But not because I accept defeat. It's because it's the first time anyone has played with me. From now on, you're my favorite dongsaeng," he stood up and pinched my cheeks then went to the kitchen.
 
"Key oppa, why are you so quiet?" I turned to Key. He didn't say anything so I sat beside him and rested my head on his shoulder. "Key," I shook his shoulders lightly. I realized he was asleep. I laid him down carefully so he will sleep comfortably. Guess he got bored watching Onew and I play video games. I covered him with a blanket and kissed his forehead. I'll just wake him up when Onew's done cooking food.
 
After a few minutes, I heard Onew shouting from downstairs. "MIN HEE-AH! COME DOWN NOW!" he shouted. His voice echoed around the whole house. I went out of his room and looked down at him. "But Key is still sleeping!" I shouted back. "Aish. Don't mind him! Come down here now or else..." he threatened. "Or else what?!? If you want me to go downstairs, then make me!" I screamed.
 
He ran up the stairs. He was running up the stairs quickly that he didn't notice that there is still a single step before he could reach me. He tripped and hit his knee on the railing. I was laughing so hard that I didn't notice Key behind me. "Oh! Key, you are awake now! Let's go downstairs and eat," I invited him and we both went downstairs, leaving Onew limping on the way down. 
 
I kept teasing Onew about his condition and laughed so hard when he gets irritated while we were eating. "So, Key, have you met Hee...Hee..." he thought deeply and noticed that I looked at him with beastlike eyes. He knows that if he ever said Hee Chul's name wrong, I'll hit him on the head. "Right! Hee Chul. Have you met him?" he continued. "Yes, he seems to be a very nice and smart person," Key answered. "You know what Key, you're lucky you're arranged to be married to Min Hwa here. If not, I would have made her my girlfriend already," Onew said, while putting his arm around my shoulder. I dropped my spoon and fork while Key was starting to giggle. "Onew-ah," I whispered. "Ne?" he replied. "WHO IS MIN HWA?!?!?" I screamed as I pressed on the bruise on his knee which he got from tripping over the stairs a while ago.
 
Key's POV
 
I laughed as Onew screamed in pain because of Min Hee. She's really close to Onew now. I wish I could be too. Maybe they are close because Onew is fun to be with and I'm a little serious. I really want to get to know her more, since our wedding is two weeks from now. I'll ask Onew for help. 
 
It's already dark. "Min Hee, I'll take you home now," I suggested. She nodded. "Onew-ah, I'll just bring Min Hee home and I'll come back here, okay?" I shouted to Onew who was busy washing the dishes. "Wait!" he said, running towards us. Towards Min Hee actually. He embraced Min Hee tightly and kissed her forehead. "Saranghae, dongsaeng!" he said and opened the door for us. Min Hee blushed.
 
We went inside my car and I started the engine. "Sorry for Onew. He's just excited to be close to a girl," I explained. "I understand. I'm an only child too, like him. So I was happy to have a friend like him," she answered. I'm glad she's close to Onew. He treated my past girlfriends like his own sister, but they either get irritated or feel awkward. That's why Onew likes to be with Min Hee all the time. 
 
I stopped in front of Min Hee's house. Before she went down, "Thank you oppa," she said and kissed me on the forehead. She closed the door and I drove away, back to Onew's house.
 
"I was serious about what I had said earlier," Onew said when we sat beside each other in his room. "About what?" I asked. "About if you weren't arranged to be married to Min Hee, I would have made her my girlfriend," he replied. "Seriously? Yeah. I guess I'm really lucky to have her. But I don't think she likes being with me, you know? She likes being with you more because she's so happy when she sees you. What should I do?" I complained. He patted my shoulder. "You should be outgoing and energetic when you're with her. She's still young, so she always wants someone she can relate to. Stop being so uptight and serious. Take her to the movies, bring her to an amusement park, have fun with her!" he advised.
 
 
"Thanks. But you know, you're condition is getting worse," I commented. "What? Why?" he said. "You tend to forget everything! You forgot her name, her friend's name...oh! And you were so distracted by your game a while ago that you thought she was saying something unimportant when she just wanted to play games with you!" I explained. "Haha. Yes, I remember! But man, I have to improve my skills so the next time we play together, I won't lose," he pouted.