NBA?!?

Letting Go

 

Min Hee’s POV

I went home that night with a feeling of contentment. At least Key already met Hee Chul. But I also felt sad seeing Hee Chul spending most of his time alone. I wish I was there with him on the riverside, just sitting and talking about everything we could think of. My phone vibrated. I received a text from Onew.

 

Sender: Onew

Min Hee-sshi, tell me what happened when Key met Hee Chung! ^^

 

Sender: Min Hee

Oppa, who the hell is Hee Chung? I’m so angry at you right now!

 

He called. “Min Hee-ah! I’m sorry. You know I have this condition where I get really confused at something random, right?” he explained. “Onew oppa, one more mistake and I’ll head to your house and hit you in the head!” I threatened. “N-no! Don’t! But anyway, tell me about what happened when Key met Hee Chul,” he said, changing topics. “Well, everything went well. I don’t know about Key. But I told him stories about Hee Chul before they get to know each other so I guess he already knew what to expect,” I said.

We babbled on and on until I got sleepy. So I bid him good night. Onew oppa has been like a brother to me. He treated me well even though we had met only a few days ago.

Narrator’s POV

A week has passed. Only 2 weeks to go before the wedding. Min Hee was brought to different malls and stores by her mother to find the perfect wedding dress. She looked uncomfortable. She still wasn’t prepared for all of this. One Saturday morning, Min Hee went to see Hee Chul. Hee Chul was so glad and excited to see her that he hugged her immediately. Wow, Chullie had missed me so much, she thought. “Are you excited about your wedding?” he asked. “A-aniyo, but I’m starting to like Key oppa. Though I still don’t think the two of us will work out as a married couple,” she cringed at the thought of having kids and sharing a home with someone she barely knows. But she kinda likes Key now. Although Hee Chul is her true love. She rested her head on his shoulder. “Chullie-ah, it’s so hard,” she said. “Ne, I want to be with you so badly,” he replied. “I feel so helpless you know? I want to talk to your parents right now and tell them I’ll be the one you should be married to. But I can’t. You know how it’s difficult for me to support my family right?” he added. She sighed. Indeed, life was hard.

She was on the way home when a car stopped in the middle of the road beside her. A guy came out of the driver’s seat and opened the passenger’s seat for her. It was Key. “Come on, I’ll give you a ride,” he offered. She went inside. “Key-ah, where were you headed?” she asked. “I was just on the way to Onew’s house. Do you want to come?” he invited. “Sure,” she agreed.

They arrived at Onew’s house. It was a huge place, like a palace. “Onew-ah! I brought someone here!” Key shouted as they entered the living room. “Who is it? Make sure it’s someone I want to see or else—Annyeong Min Hee!” he greeted and came rushing towards Min Hee. He was wearing a tank top and boxers. “Umm. Oppa, don’t you think you’re…you’re umm…underdressed?” she asked uncomfortably. He blushed and ran to his room. “Sorry about him. He’s used to having only guys in his home,” Key explained. “You can enter my room now!” Onew announced. We entered. It’s like an arcade in there. The walls were covered with posters and the room was messy but not dirty. On one side of the room, there was a small refrigerator and a table. Maybe he eats chicken alone when he’s bored, Min Hee thought. “I was busy playing video games when you arrived,” Onew said while concentrating on his game.

“Is that NBA?!?” Min Hee asked with her eyes brightening up. “Ne, waeyo?” he asked, still not looking at her. “Let’s play together,” she pleaded. “Ah jinja, why don’t you just ask Key to do that for you and maybe—YOU WHAT?” he said. He has that condition again. He didn’t even listen to what Min Hee said. “I’ll play with you,” she whispered. “Omo! This is great! All my guy friends don’t even play with me! Ayssi. I think this is the happiest day of my life! I think I’m going to cry!” he exclaimed while Min Hee took the other joystick and played with him. Key sighed. Onew can sometimes act like a mother, he thought.