Friendly Kiss

Letting Go

 

Min Hee's POV
 
It was right after sunset. Onew and I are on the way to my house so he could drop me off. "Onew oppa, what do you think of my friend Hee Chul?" I asked. "He's great. I mean, he's 19, 3 years younger than me, and he works and earns for his family already. I think he's such a hardworking person. I only hope he could find a better job so he could already secure his future," he responded. "He's my best friend ever. He's the brother I never had and the person I have ever trusted. It's just sad being in this arranged marriage thing. It keeps us apart," I said. "Why? Are you two...a couple?!" he asked. "NO!" I denied, punching him in the arm. "It's not that. Why would you think of something like that? He and I are just close friends. But my parents don't like him. They say he's a bad influence. But you, you have seen with your own eyes that he's not a bad person, right?" I continued. He nodded. "Maybe you should talk to your parents about this. MAybe they'll understand that you're following their request of an arranged marriage. It's fair also if they follow your request of seeing Hee Chul," he advised. "Maybe," I whispered. 
 
It was already dark when we arrived at my house. "Kamsahamnida, oppa. Take care," I said as I entered our house. I heard Onew's car heading the other way.
 
Onew's POV
 
"Yoboseyo?" Key answered after the second ring. I called him right after Min Hee entered their door. "Ne, Key-ah! Did you miss me?" I teased. "Not at all. I'm too handsome to care about you," he said. "Aww. You're so rude to me. It's okay. I don't think you even want to hear about what Min Hee and I did today, where we went, who we met..." I answered. He paused for a while. "Ya! Keep talking. Tell me about what had happened today," he shouted. "Ayssi. ONEW! Stop this suspense. I'm dying to know what had happened today!" he screamed over the phone. "Ya! My eardrums have exploded. But anyway, I was about to take her to tha mall, or to anywhere actually. But she suggested that we should go to her friend's house. I followed her and we arrived at a small house near the Han River. She entered immediately and looked for someone called Hee Chai. An elderly woman started calling that Hee Chai...was that right? Yeah I think it's Kim Hee Chai and a guy came out. She hugged him. Can you believe that?" I recalled. "She then introduced us to each other. Hee Chai is her childhood friend. If you could see them together, you'd think they were a couple. But before we left, I talked to him and he told me they're just really close," I added. Key was silent throughout my story. "Hey! Kim Ki Bum! Have you gone mute or something?" I yelled. "No, no. Did she have fun?" he asked. "Of course. But not with me though. She had fun with Hee Chai," I replied. "Oh," Key said. Then he hung up. What's the matter with him anyway?
 
Key's POV
 
I felt a pang of jealousy when Onew told me that Min Hee had fun with someone else. I don't understand. Why do I feel like I'm falling for her? Stop it, Key! You just met her and now you're saying that you're inlove with her? What a stupid guy. Babo, babo, babo. But on the other hand, this is good right? At least I love my future wife. I called Min Hee. "Yoboseyo?" she answered. "Ne, this is Key. Are you busy doing something?" I asked. "No, I'm just hanging out here at home. Why?" she replied. "I'm just wondering if...i-if...you...you know...if you..." I stuttered. "Oppa! Stop blubbering with words. Tell it straight! If I what? I'm getting impatient!" she yelled. I laughed. "Sorry, I was just wondering if you've eaten dinner already?" I asked. She was laughing too. "Not yet, actually. Why? Will you come over?" she said. "No! I was just about to ask you out for dinner," I invited her. "Sure. That'd be great," she agreed. Yes! She said yes! I almost screamed. "Great. I'll pick you up in a few minutes," I said then hung up. 
 
I waited for her in my car outside her house. She went out, wearing a dress that looks perfect on her. "Wow, you look beautiful," I greeted her as she climbed in the passenger seat. "Annyeong, oppa. So where are we going?" she asked. "Just wait. You'll see," I said and drove to the restaurant. "Wow, this place looks amazing," she exclaimed as we went through the doors of the restaurant. We sat on a table near the windows. "So, what happened with you and Onew today?" I asked. Her eyes brightened. "Ah! Ne, Onew oppa is so funny and cute. I woke up because of someone knocking on my door. When I opened it, it was Onew. I told him to accompany me to my friend's house. When they already met, we hung out near the Han River, where my friend and I always meet," she said. "Who is that friend anyway? Onew told me it was someone named Kim...Kim Hee...Kim Hee Chung? Was it Kim Hee Chung? I think it was more of a Kim Hee Chai. Yeah, Kim Hee Chai," I said confidently. She hit me on the head. "Ouch! What was that for?" I said. "It's Kim Hee CHUL! KIM HEE CHUL, arraseo? Aish. Onew can be so misleading. But it's really Kim Hee Chul. He's my childhood friend. I've known him ever since we were kids," she explained. I touched the back of my head. "Min Hee-sshi, it really hurts," I complained. "Really? I'm sorry. I was just mad that you would call him that way," she said, trying to comfort me. We ate dinner while she ranted on and on about Hee Chul. Who is he? What does he look like? I'm getting more and more curious. I should meet him.