Memories

Letting Go

 

Hee Chul's POV
 
Min Hee and Onew had already left. The sun was starting to set.
I wished Min Hee was still here, just sitting beside me, while we watch the sunset. I sighed. Things will never be the same again. I want to talk to her parents right now. I want to tell them that Min Hee's still too young. That Min Hee's not yet ready. That I love Min Hee. That I'm willing to work hard, just to impress her parents. ARGH. I'm so mad at myself. Why did I have to be poor? To be ME? I want to be like that Onew guy. Or that Kim Ki Bum. I want to be with MIn Hee for the rest of my life. Tears started to fall down my face. I love her. Why can't she just run away with me? But that would have been inconsiderate and selfish. She wants to make her parents happy. That's why she agreed on the arranged marriage. Why did arranged marriages have to exist? The person who invented that thing probably didn't know how to love truly.
 
Min Hee's POV
 
Being with Key was fun. It was relaxed. Everything jsut falls into place. Nothing was forced. It's like I'm meeting him because I want to, not because OUR PARENTS want to. He asked me if he could meet Heechul. "S-sure, of course. Tomorrow, then," I agreed. He just nodded. Why did he want to meet Hee Chul? And why did he call him Hee Chai? I got angry and irritated when I heard that. Onew at remembering things. Maybe someday, he'll forget my name too. And maybe he'll call me Min Ho, or Min Hwa. That chicken guy! I will scold him later. 
 
We arrived at my house. "Thank you, Key, for tonight. I had fun being with you," I said with a smile. He my hair. "Min Hee-sshi?" he called out. "Ne?' I said, but inched away from him as he leaned closer. I felt blood rush to my cheeks. Was he going to kiss me? "You're welcome," he whispered. Then burst out laughing. "You should've seen how red your face was when I leaned closer!" he teased. I touched my cheeks. "ANIYO!" Stop teasing me, or I'll hit you again," I threatened. He moved away. "Aish. Why do you have to tease me?" I said sadly. He pinched my cheeks. You look cute when you're sad. You should be sad more often," he joked. I punched his arms. "Good night, oppa," I said, kissing him on the cheek. He looked surprised. "Why? Hasn't anyone kissed you on the cheek before?" I said. "A-a-aniyo. I was just...s-sur...surprised," he stuttered. I laughed. He was blushing. He saw me laughing and kissed me on the cheek too. I went out of the car quickly. Now it's my turn to blush.
 
Onew's POV
 
"SHE KISSED ME!" Key screamed on the phone when I answered it. "Um. You could have greeted me first," I said. "Oh sorry. I'm just...happy," he answered. He went on and on about their date. I listened attentively and didn't say anything. "Onew? Onew? Are you still there?" he asked. "Yes. Well, your date can be a novel because of your VERY VERY short story," I said sarcastically. Then I laughed evilly. "Bwahaha," "Stop that, Onew. It gives me the creeps," he complained. After chatting some more, I hung up the phone. A few minutes later, my phone started ringing again. "Aish. Kim Ki Bum, if you're going to tell me again about how she kissed--" "Annyeonghaseyo, Onew oppa!" MIn Hee greeted. "Omo! Sorry, I thought it was Key so I--" "HE TOLD YOU I KISSED HIM?!" she shouted. Oops. Key would kill me. "A-a-aniyo, it wasn't about you. It's about some other girl--" "HE'S DATING ANOTHER GIRL AND SHE KISSED HIM!?" she shouted again. Onew-ah! You really mess everything up. Such a babo. But my eardrums will really explode because of her shouting. "STOP SHOUTING!" I said. "Why were you screaming at me? Don't you have any respect for a girl?" she scolded. Aish. I'm really bad at expressing myself. "And by the way, what's the name of my childhood friend you had met earlier?" she asked. "It's Kim Hee Chai, right?" I answered. "OPPA, HOW COULD YOU? It's KIm Hee Chul. You told Key it was Kim Hee Chai and I hit him on the head," she corrected me. I laughed. She hit Key? Really? No one would even dare to do that. Even me. 
 
Key's POV
 
I still can't get over the fact that Min Hee kissed me. It was just a kiss on the cheek, and I've kissed many girls on the lips. But that kiss with Min Hee was different. It wasn't forced. It was sweet, and innocent. She was really pretty a while ago. I'm starting to fall for her. I don't want to, but I'll get marreid with her anyway. It's not something I should avoid.