Chapter 24

힘내세요 (Cheer up)

Previously on Chapter 23

Sungjong?” he gasps as he instantly jumps of his bike and caught Sungjong just in time as she was about to collapse.  

“Are you okay?” he asks, Sungjong only sobs in his hug.


“I’m scared.” Sobs Sungjong as Sungyeol comforts her

“Don’t worry, I’m here.” Said Sungyeol. Sungjong just cries in his arms until she realized how close they were.

‘Uh... That was awkward.’ She thought as she pulls away from the hug.

“Sorry, but the road is rough and it’s scary and my battery is dead, no one is answering the phone not even Mr. Jung or Mrs. Kwon and I-she rambles while Sungyeol just look at her with a relief smile on his face.

“Don’t worry. Come on, let’s go.” He said as he pats a seat on his bike, Sungjong nods as she sits there holding to him so she won’t fall

Meanwhile, Myungsoo is in a car with Mr. Jung. He was looking at the windows worriedly trying to find Sungjong. He was literally praying for Sungjong to be okay and Myungsoo is not a religious person.  

“Saem, what if she get hurt what if she—“

“Hush! She will be okay! Aiish you worry wart!” scolds Mr. Jung as he speeds up so that they can find Sungjong faster.

Back to Sungjong and Sungyeol. The two are struggling to paddle back to the camp site but putting two clutz in a room together will not end well. Because the two ends up falling. Sungyeol is fine but Sungjong falls on her knees, she even scrapes her knee thanks to her ripped jeans. Whatta genius *slow claps*.  

“Are you okay?!” asks Sungyeol as he helps her to stand up, finding her knee bleeding.  

“Oh no…” he mumbles as he uses his scarf to cover up the wound. At least until they get back so they can heal it properly.  

“There you go, it should be better.” Said Sungyeol as he ties his scarf tight enough so the blood won’t get anywhere nor will it get any infection.

“Here, sit down.” He said as he points to his seat on the bike, Sungjong nods as she did what he said while Sungyeol push the bike back to the camp site.

“Am I heavy?” she asks.  

Very.” He jokes but instead of a laugh he hears another cry from Sungjong who's apologizing throughout the whole journey.

“I’m kidding. You’re perfectly fine.” Sungyeol said as he keeps on pushing the bike through the rough road.

Suddenly a car arrives and it almost hit them. Turns out it’s Myungsoo and Mr. Jung. Mr. Jung who was driving immidiately steps on the brakes afraid that he might hit them and as soon as the car has stopped, Myungsoo opens the door and jumps off the car, running to Sungjong. He instantly pulls the girl into his hug. Sungjong didn’t react. Her expression is blank and she didn’t react. Not one bit.

“Are you okay? How could you make me worried like that?!” he scolds as soon as he pulls away from the hug.

“Did something happen?” he asks as he looks at her from top to bottom just in case she was hurt until he finds her right knee being wrapped with a scarf. Myungsoo didn’t think anymore and just opens it causing Sungjong to wince in pain because even the softest silk can be really painful even though it’s just a scraped knee.

He sees quite a deep wound for a scrapped knee and it was quite severe since she falls to a rough road and the blood is everywhere. He sighs as he wraps it up again.

“Aiish! You, clumsy girl.” He grumbles as he helps her walk to the car with Sungyeol.

The whole time, Myungsoo is glaring at Sungyeol from the sides as Sungjong sleeps on his shoulder on their way back. Sungyeol looks at his bestfriend confusedly but decides to brush it off. As they arrived at the camp site, all the students are relieved that Sungjong is okay

Are you okay? Did something happen?!” asks Hoya worriedly

“I’m fine, oppa. Don’t worry about me, keke.” Said Sungjong with a smile

“Apparently someone seems to be not here.” Said Myungsoo as he gets off the car.  

“Ha Young said she’s sick so she took a rest.” Said Nam Joo

“Sure~” Ryeowook said sarcastically.  

“She seems okay this morning.” Adds Aron agreeing on it.

“She told me she had stomach ache, she probably went first to get some rest.” Said Sungjong “Come on, let’s enjoy the night!” she exclaims

“Yeah!” all of them cheer as they enjoy the barbeque but not Myungsoo he knew that Ha Young is going with her to the market. He looks for her and finds her pacing back and forth

-Flashback-

“Where is Sungjong?!” asks Myungsoo

“How should I know?!” answers Ha Young

“Well I remember you went to the market with her, where is she now?!” he asks

“I—I don’t know.” She stutters

“If you think that she was the one who puts those post-it into your bag you are wrong.” Said Myungsoo

What?!” she gasps

“I was the one who put it there.” He said “So, don’t always blame stuff on her.” He continues before leaving.  

-End of flashback-

“Well just so you know, we found Sungjong.” Said Myungsoo shocking Hayoung who was rummaging her bag for something

“What are you doing here?” Hayoung asks.

“Doesn’t matter. We found her, you sly b*tch.” Myungsoo replies, as if he’s spitting venom.

“Wha—what did she say?” she asks

“She said that you probably have a stomachache or something.” Answers Myungsoo

“Oh…uhm…”

“Let me ask you something Hayoung, why did you leave her there?!” he asks quite harshly

“Well I was sick and she told me to go on first.” Said Ha Young

“Well that doesn’t mean you should leave her like that!” scolds Myungsoo

“But this is a misunderstanding.” Said Ha Young

“Whatever it is, you should tell the truth during the bon fire.” Said Myungsoo

“Fine.” Answers Hayoung

The bon fire came. Everyone is gathered in a big circle as they enjoy the warmth from the bon fire. To start they will play truth or truth. In which they should answer the question given truthfully and if they don’t answer they will be given a punishment made by the Sungjong. 

“Okay let’s start with Lee Sungyeol!” exclaims Ren as she points to Sungyeol.

“Bring it!” answers Sungyeol bravely.

“Okay.” Said Ren “Who was your first love?” she asks.

“No—no one! I haven’t fall in love yet!” he answers before glancing to Sungjong.  

“Aww too bad, let’s punish him!” exclaims Sungjong as she gets a bright red marker and marks it on his cheek a big heart which makes Myungsoo frown.  

“Why a heart?” asks Sungyeol.

“Because it’s for whoever you first love is.” Said Sungjong with a smile.  

“Oh is that so? Thanks then.” Answers Sungyeol as his face turns as red as the marker.  

“Wow! Love triangle!” exclaims Sulli.  

“Yak! It’s not!” exclaims Sungyeol, all of them laugh.  

“Of course it’s not. He’s just a friend. I got someone else.” Sungjong stupidly adds agreeing to Sungyeol.  

Someone else? Who is it?!” ask the whole club

No one!!” she denies. 

“Oh really?” Myungsoo teases her

“Yeah no one, not even you!” She replies. 

“Oo, someone just got rejected.” Jokes Naeun nudging Myungsoo’s elbow with a smirk

“Okay back to business.” Said Ren “Continue Sungyeol sunbae.” She said

“Okay hmmm, Lee Sungjong!” he exclaims pointing to Sungjong

“Eh? Me?” she asks, Sungyeol nods

“Uh what are you gonna ask me anyway? I’m an open book.” She said proudly earning “no” s from the members.

“Oh you’re not 100% opened.” Smirks Sungyeol “Anyway, why did you always caught up with this guy.” Said Sungyeol pointing to Myungsoo who was trying to stop Naeun from spreading his secret

“Well I don’t know… we just did hehe.” She answers with a grin “Okay next up, you, you meddling little scum.” She said glaring at Myungsoo who stops whatever his doing.

“what’s there to ask, I’m an open book.” Myungsoo replies but the whole club isn’t buying it. Someone like Myungsoo? An open book? Bullsh*t!

“Copying my words,” she scoffs “Anyway, besides me, don’t you have any other person to bother with?” She asks.

“Hmm no one. Only you” He replies with a smirk.

“Oooooo~” coos Ren

“My stomach ache is getting worse. I—I’m leaving.” Said Ha Young

“Before you leave.” Said Myungsoo “Oh Hayoung, why did you leave her in the market?” he asks

“Be—because I was sick and she told me I can go on, so I did. It was a misunderstanding.” She answers before running away

“That’s weird, is that true Sungjong-ah?” asks Nam Joo

“It seems to be so.” Answers Sungjong

At her tent, Ha Young is about to get in but Myungsoo was fast enough to catch up to her

Oh Hayoung, what makes you think you can run away huh?” asks Myungsoo

“Fine! I did leave her because I thought she was the one who put those posts-it on my bag.” She replies.

“But it wasn’t her, it was me. Didn’t I told you?” asks Myungsoo “besides, I saw the video at the security community, copy it to a USB and put it on your locker, the only thing I borrow from her is her post it note.” Said Myungsoo “I just use that to make a bait so that you would apologize to both me and Sungjong, but I didn’t think it works then.” He continues

“What?! So all of my post its are gone because of this problem?!” asks Sungjong “Aiish Kim Myungsoo.” She mumbles rolling her eyes.

“Anyway back to business, why did you leave me at the market, I know you’re sick but that doesn’t mean you could just so selfishly leave me there.” Said Sungjong

“So? Is that even my business, I’m sick here and all you have to do is get it to your small brain.” Replies Hayoung

“Whatever, if you have a good reason to leave me there, I would just let it slide, but there’s no other good reason besides you being sick?! Come on! What kind of reason is that?! Myungsoo was once sick too and he accompany me back to class!” scolds Sungjong

“So? You’re not in the same level as me. Why would I even wait for some trash like you.” She scoffs

What?!” asks Sungjong “Hey, listen here! All of your bad doings will be known by all of us, the teachers, and even your mother. Do you even want that to happen?! We can expose you easily, we’re giving you a chance to stop doing all these bad deeds. Why are you even doing this?! ” asks Sungjong

“Oh, is that so? Well fine, do it. We’ll see what you’ll get for doing so.” She said before leaving

After Ha Young leaves, Myungsoo is still worried. He glances to Sungjong who huffs in anger before finally calming down and sighing.  

“Are you okay?” he asks

“Gwenchana, don’t worry. But I feel bad. Not about this matter though. Other matters!” She answers.

“Okay, screw that b*tch. So, you have no one to crush on?” He asks.

“No one.” She replies.

“Not even me?” Myungsoo pouts.

“Why would it be you?” Sungjong scoffs.

“Then Sungyeol?” He asks.

“Of course not!” Sungjong scoffs.

“Then is it me?” Myungsoo asks again. Sungjong is just done and pushes his face away from her. It’s so close that they might as well kiss.

“Aiish, you already know the answer and you still ask, you may be the first ranked student but in love terms, you’re as dumb as a 180th ranked student.” She said before leaving, Myungsoo only watches from a distance.

Thump…thump…thump…” his heart is beating much faster.

‘wait a second! She was with Sungyeol that time… oh no… what is this weird feeling inside? Jealousy? No way…’ he thought

‘Ah never mind, it’s probably just the inner Myungsoo’s thinking, it’s not like I think like that, Sungyeol’s my best friend.’ He continues with his thought as he goes to his tent to get some sleep.

Unfortunately, all three of them can’t sleep. Sungjong steer in her sleep as she tries to find a good position to sleep while Sungyeol just sit down reading his novel and smiles at the memory. While last but not least, Myungsoo was awaken by his own overthinking. He keeps on having flashbacks of Sungyeol pushing the bike with Sungjong in it. The fact that he’s not as fast as Sungyeol pisses him off. Why can’t he think faster?!

“Aiish why can’t I sleep?” he grumbles as he sits up

“I need some air!” all three of them said at the same time as they get out

Sungjong walks through the campsite spacing out until she reaches a bench and sit on it

“Aiish why is there so much pressure?!” she exclaims nearly waking up our poor maknae, Ren.  

“Someone seems to be in the same situation as me.” Said Myungsoo, Sungjong sigh as Myungsoo sits down beside her

“What’s wrong?” he asks

“Just something I can’t tell you.” She answers

“Omo, could it be that you only want to see me?” he jokes

“Of course not! Why would i?!” she grumbles

“I actually too want to spend some time with you but you disappeared that day, I was so worried.” Said Myungsoo. Sungjong only stay quiet listening to him

“Besides, I’m sorry I scolded you. I was so worried. I was actually more angry to myself, that I couldn’t hug you in my arms, it was all Sungyeol.” He continues

“What?! What are you talking about? Aiish, he was just comforting me, pssh.” Said Sungjong with a scoff

“I know.” Said Myungsoo “But I felt I was supposed to be the one hugging you.” He continues

“What are you talking about? Aiish we’re just friends. Stop it.” Said Sungjong pushing his shoulder playfully.  

“Aiish I hate it when this happens. I hate waiting for you to get it.” Said Myungsoo as he looks at Sungjong straight to her eyes

“Wha—what?” she asks a her cheeks turn red

“I like you.” He said.

‘Oh my God! I said it! I really said it!’ He thought cheering for himself. But outside, he keeps the cheshire cat smile, staring at the girl who's as red as a tomato.   

Sungjong is still in shock and stayed silent but inside she's having an argument.

He—he likes me?! He’s not playing with me? He’s not right?’ she thought

Of course not, why would he?! OH MY GOD! Lee Sungjong! He kissed you nearly five times, he helps you all the time, is that not enough to proof that he loves you?!’ The other voice said

“Sungjong? Hey! Any answers?” he asks, Sungjong still stays quiet until Sungyeol appears.

“Yah! Let’s have ramyun together, I’m hungry.” Said Sungyeol

“Oh sure, let’s go.” Said Myungsoo

“You coming too Sungjong?” asks Sungyeol

“Ani, I’m full hehe.” Answers Sungjong as she leaves, her face is still blushing as hell.  

“Yah! What’s with the awkward situation huh?!” asks Sungyeol

“Oh nothing.” Answers Myungsoo “Come on! It’s ramyun time!” he exclaims nearly waking up our poor Ren (a/n: Bad luck Ren D:)


A/n: YES THE CONFESSION IS HERE ((get ready for Myungjong to get together)) also Sungyeol being their thirdwheel XD Poor Sungyeol.

But here's the question. Would you guys prefer an alternate ending where all three of them got together or just Myungjong? Please let me know in the comments :3 

Thank you so much for reading and I'll see you on the next chapter^^