Chapter 26

힘내세요 (Cheer up)

In the end, Myungsoo was rushed to the hospital with Mr. Jung and Sungjong who tags along. The other members just watch from a far already disappointed and angry at Ha Young.

“Where is that ?! I will definitely kill her for hurting both of my friends!” grumbles Ryeowook

“How could she hurt Myungsoo Oppa like that?!” exclaims Ren in rage

“Aiish that , she’s gonna get it!” exclaims Minho agreeing to Ryeowook.

While they were cursing and ranting out about how angry they are about Hayoung, Hoya looks back and finds Ha Young watching them from behind. Sadness can be seen in her as she walks away.

At the same time, Principal Choi views the video where Ha Young stole the USB from Mr. Im, and what’s even worse? Myungsoo falls down because of her too.

“Oh no, this is horrible! How am I going to explain this to Madam Oh?! Further more Mr. Kim?!” she mumbles as she pauses the video and looks to Mr. Im “What do you think I should do?” she asks

“I—I’m not sure about that principal Choi, I’m sorry.” Answers Mr. Im

Meanwhile, Madam Oh is looking at the video sent by Principal Choi and was reported that her daughter has done so many wrong things at school. She pauses the video and scolds tutor Lee for not managing her daughter well.

“I’m sorry Madam Oh, but both Hayoung and I can’t handle this all at once.” Tutor Lee explains.  

“I can’t accept this!” exclaims Madam Oh. “What would happen to her scores?! What if she won’t get accepted in Harvard?!” she continues.  

At the meantime, Jung Hee and Ki Bum are having lunch together in a restaurant. The two are eating and having fun. As ussual, Ki Bum asks about the marriage again to JungHee.

“So have you tell Sungjong and Hoya?” asks Ki Bum.

“Ani, I don’t think telling them via phone is a good thing to do.” Answers Jung Hee “But I have an idea.” She said.

“What idea?” asks Ki Bum.  

“How about if we invite all three of them to have dinner so that we can tell them about our relationship while eating, it would be good right?” She suggests.

“Good idea, Jung Hee-ah! Let’s do that.” Said Ki Bum.

Suddenly Ki Bum’s phone starts to ring and an unknown number was shown.

“Ah, excuse me.” Said Ki Bum as he answers the phone “Hello?” he answers the phone. Turns out it was Mr. Jung. Mr. Jung tells him about Myungsoo’s condition and ask him to come.

“What?! Is my son okay?!” he asks

“He should be okay by now, Mr. Kim. I think you should come and see him.” Said Mr. Jung

“Okay. I will come right away.” Said Ki Bum as he hangs up the phone. His face looked as panic as ever

“What’s wrong? Is Myungsoo okay?” asks Jung Hee, Ki Bum shook his head

“I have to go to the hospital. Myungsoo is there and injured really badly.” Answers Ki Bum

“Oh my God! Let’s go then! I will come too!” Exclaims Jung Hee, Ki Bum nods as they both go to the hospital.

At the hospital, Sungjong can’t help but look to the window worriedly. She watches the doctor and nurses treat him. She knows that he’s going to be okay, Myungsoo is a strong person after all but she can’t help but feel sad and guilty all at once. Her eyes are tearing up right now yet no tears has fallen.

“So… should I call your mom?” asks Mr. Jung to Sungjong who was about to cry any moment. Sungjong just turns around to face her teacher again with her sad face.

“Aiish that face again! Stop feeling guilty already! I know you’re sad because Myungsoo is injured, stop making that face okay? He needs you right now, Sungjong-ah. Accompany him. He was the one who saved you after all.” Said Mr. Jung, Sungjong nods as she gets in after the doctor and nurses are done treating him.  

Inside we can see that Myungsoo’s forehead is now wrapped with bandage and he is now unconscious. Sungjong sits down on a chair beside the bed.

“Myungsoo-ah, why do you have to save me? You always make me worried! Hurry up and wake up so I can return the favor twice as you give me!” she exclaims as she holds his hand “Please wake up…” she pleads as her tears starts to flow out of her eyes. She was legit crying. “I—I don’t want to lose you… I love you.” She mumbles. Suddenly she sees a smile forming on Myungsoo’s lips.  

“How are you gonna return the favor twice?” he asks. His eyes flutters open and smiles to her. Sungjong’s sad frown is gone as a smile replaces it instead.

“Myungsoo-ah! You’re awake! Thank God! I will tell Mr. Jung, stay still!” she exclaims as she runs off but before she can go any further, Myungsoo caught her hand and pulls her back.

“Are you really that nervous just to answer my question?” he asks “let me repeat myself, how are you going to return the favor twice?” he asks.  

“Hmm... well like this.” She said as she gives a peck on his cheek and turns around to walk away but before she can even leave, Myungsoo pulls her back and kiss her right on her lips.

At the same time, Sungyeol was about to get in. Unfortunately, he was just in time to witness the kiss. His heart is now broken into pieces. Meanwhile at the lobby, Ki Bum and Jung Hee arrive at the hospital and ask for Myungsoo’s room.

“May I help you, sir?” asks the nurse.

“Yes, room for Kim Myungsoo please.” Said KI Bum

“It’s 793.” Said the nurse, Ki Bum said thanks as he rushes to the lift and goes up to level 7 to find his son.

Inside room 793, Sungjong and Myungsoo are still in an awkward situation.

“What am I hearing? Oh my, did Sungjong just confess to me that she loves me.” He said, teasing his, now, girlfriend.  

“I did not!” She denies. Myungsoo laughs as he leans on the bed behind him. He has requested the nurse to lower the angle of the bed so he can sit properly.  

“Sleepy?” Sungjong asks.

“Not really, just a bit tired.” He replies. “can you accompany  me though? I don’t want to be lonely here.” He adds.  

“Aigoo you’re such a baby.” She jokes

“Hmm, I’m your baby~” he answers. Sungjong coos at how cute he is

“Aigoo so cute~” she coos as she gives a kiss on his forehead “Sleep tight.” She said, Myungsoo nods as he holds her hand. Sungjong just smiles as she accompanies him to sleep.

“Creek…” suddenly the door was opened waking Myungsoo up while Sungjong let goes off his hand finding Ki Bum

“An—Anyeong haseyo.” She greets as Ki Bum smiles in a friendly way. His smile is just like Myungsoo (a/n: that Cheshire cat smile). Sungjong knew this was Myungsoo’s father so she MUST let them reconcile no matter what! So to do that, she’s gonna leave his room, pretending to buy some drinks.

“Myungsoo-ah, I’m gonna buy something to drink, what do you want me to buy you?” he asks

“Hmm something healthy? Lemon juice?” he jokes

“Aiish lemon is not good when you’re sick not to mention that it’s sour. I’ll just buy you some apple juice.” Said Sungjong in which Myungsoo nods, complying to Sungjong’s words.  

“I’ll be going sir.” Said Sungjong giving a polite nod as she walks passes Ki Bum

“Is she your friend?” asks Ki Bum

“You could say that.” Answers Myungsoo as he plays with his phone, to be precise texting his best friend, Lee Sungyeol asking where he is.  

“Do you need anything?” asks Ki Bum

“Nothing much dad, just ignore me just like you always do.” Myungsoo replies nonchalantly.

“What?”

“You always ignore me since you and mom divorced.” Myungsoo said, obviously focusing mroe on his phone.

“Then… I apologize for ignoring you and thank you for being okay.” Said Ki Bum

‘What?! What  happen to dad? Is he drunk or something?’ thought Myungsoo as he looks at his father in shock.  

Meanwhile, Sungjong goes straight to the toilet. Her cheeks are blushing red and her heart is beating so fast. She looks to the mirror and she’s correct.  She was deep red and she’s probably a tomato now.  

“Me and Myungsoo are now a couple?” she mumbles with a smile “We’re a couple?” her mumbling continues until her phone starts to ring.  She fishes out her phone from her skirt pocket and finds Hoya calling her.  

“Hello?”

“Yak! Sungjong-ah, are you okay? Is Myungsoo okay? Did you get hurt? Did he get hurt? Did both of you get hurt?!” asks Hoya worriedly.

“Aniya, I’m not okay.” She said, leaning to the toilet wall.  

“What?! What happen?! Aiish that Ha Young she’s gonna get it!” exclaims Hoya

“Ani, I’m physically okay, but I’m not emotionally okay...” She answers.  

“Eh? Why so? What happen?” he asks

“My heart is beating so fast and my face is red!” She answers

“Oh ho, does this have something to do with Myungsoo?” He asks. “wait is he even conscious?”

“He is... and....something happen between us so...” Sungjong tries to explain it to her brother but it’s really awkward. Lord, help her.

“What about you and Myungsoo?”

“We’re a co—couple Oppa.” Mumbles Sungjong but is audible for her brother on the other line.

“Really?! Wow! Congratulations dongsaeng-ah!” exclaims Hoya “Wait! I need to go there, see you tonight.” He said.  

“Okay, now I have to go back to the dormitory…” she mumbles

“Kurae, get back soon eo? Or else I will suspect something.” Jokes Sungyeol

“Fine…” mumbles Sungjong as she gets out of the toilet to get back to dormitory.


Back at school, Hoya confronts Ha Young who was in her hiding spot.  

“Oh Hayoung!” he calls as he spots her at her special hiding place with a cigarette in her hand

“Hoya!” She gasps as she drops her cigarette.

“You should say sorry to my sister and Myungsoo. Even though I’m your new friend but you’re going to far.” He told her in a warning tone.

“I know I went too far. This is too much for me too.” Said Ha Young “I should leave.” She mumbles as she walks away.  


In the end, Ha Young arrives at her mother’s office trying to tell what she did all this time.  

“Mo-mother, about me stealing the USB— “

“Don’t worry, I have taken care of it.” Madam Oh cuts in. “Besides, all you need to do now is do good in your studies.” She continues

“But mother! Not only that I stole the USB, I also injured Myungsoo and Sungjong! I also accused Myungsoo for cheating for our midterms!” exclaims Ha Young.

“Those things are nothing, I have taken care of it didn’t I said that?” Madam Oh responds, totally unbothered.

“They were nothing?” asks Hayoung earning a nod from Madam Oh.  

“You should focus yourself on studying and get to Harvard university.” She explains. “Don’t let all this unimportant stuff get to you, understand?!”

Her mother words get her even more upset day by day, how could she just be so mean to her friends, and her teachers?! How could this happen

Hayoung’s P.O.V

I hurt so many people! I can’t take this! Mother, please stop treating me like one of your dolls, please! I have feelings too! Mother, I beg you! That’s what I thought in my head, but nothing came out of my mouth, my eyes were full of tears but I kept them in  so they won’t know that I’m crying, I can’t be seen as a weak person. In the end, I can’t take it anymore, my tears flow to my cheeks as I shout at my mother.  

“I don’t want to do that! I want my peaceful live back! Without any of your orders! Please, mother I beg you!!” I shout as I leave, still with my tears flowing from my eyes.

Even though I hear Mother and Tutor Lee calling me but I ignore it and keep on running. I can’t take it, all I have to do now is apologize to all the people I hurt, my best friend Lee Sungjong, my club friends, Myungsoo, Sungyeol, Nam Joo, Naeun even JR. They are all inside my plan, I also need to apologize to the royal’s member. I can’t believe they take all the burden because of me. This shouldn’t happen! They shouldn’t be involved in the first place!

As I got to the hospital, I can’t bring myself to get in, I was too ashamed to even face Myungsoo, our club leader and my once brother-like friend, I once was his sister-like friend, I used to call him Oppa, I used to be his closest friend, I can’t bring myself to get in there, I was too ashamed to even face him. But at least let me know his condition! In the end, I call the hospital to know his condition

“Oh Myungsoo? From room 793? He was doing okay, he will be out next week.” Said the nurse

“Thank you! Thank you so much!” I exclaim as I sob in gratitude, my brother-like friend is okay, I’m glad, thank God he was okay.

Author’s P.O.V

Meanwhile in room 793, Myungsoo told Sungyeol about his feelings for Sungjong

“You know something, remember our childhood promise, when we have a girlfriend we have to tell each other right?” asks Myungsoo, Sungyeol nods.

“I will tell you now.” He said “Sungjong and I are now a couple.” He continues.

“Congratulations but for now you need lots and lots of rest.” Said Sungyeol as he makes Myungsoo lay down “I want to hear all the details when you’re discharged.” He continues.

“Okay then, if you say so.” Said Myungsoo as he sleeps

“Bye Myungsoo-ah, sleep tight.” Said Sungyeol as he goes to the dormitory


At dormitory, Sungjong and Sungyeol passed each other but Sungyeol refuse to even greet her

“Hey! Hold up!” exclaims Sungjong stopping him.  

“Hmm? What?” he asks “Ah about Myungsoo, yeah I’ve seen him already.” Said Sungyeol

“Hey, I didn’t see you at the hospital!” she pouts

“I did go and see him, he said you and him are a couple huh?” he said jokingly

“Ah.. you knew about it too huh?” She mumbles. But Sungyeol ignores that, instead he notices Sungjong's injured hand. 

“Wait! Your hand, what happen? Are you okay?” he asks

“Aww, the owl is now worried~” she coos, he scoffs

“Yah! You’re lucky Myungsoo didn’t know about this, he was worried sick and said that he misses you.” Said Sungyeol glaring at her, Sungjong laughs

“Arasso, arasso. I’m just kidding.” She said with a laugh “Well gotta now. I’m sleepy. Goodnight Sungyeol.” She said

“Yeah, good night.” Said Sungyeol as he goes to his room while Sungjong still wonders around until he finds Hoya who is sitting on the student lounge room looking all gloomy

“Yah, Oppa!” she exclaims shocking her brother “Are you okay?” she asks worriedly as she takes a seat beside him

“Ha Young seems to be in the school’s news.” Hoya replies, with a frown.

“I know, I’ve seen it.” Said Sungjong

“That’s your only reaction?!” asks Hoya, Sungjong shrugs

“What do you think I should react? Laugh?” asks Sungjong

“No! But I feel bad for her, she knows she was guilty but because of her mother she did all this.” Said Hoya “I beg you, Sungjong-ah. Please forgive her.” Said Hoya

“I can’t! I’ve given up giving chances for her, her one last day is gone because of Ren, Myungsoo is injured, and now you’re defending her?! Wow! So much for being a good brother, you damn jerk of a brother!” Shouts Sungjong


Meanwhile, Ha Young wonders around the street until her kakao talk signals her there’s a message, it was from her schoolmates, they all invite her to a group chat just to bash her

“Ewww Ha Young is such a monster!”

“She should just die!”

“What kind of person is she? How could she hurt Myungsoo oppa like that?!” (a/n: nope! Not Ren or Naeun)

“Tsk. She’s such a devil, wish I would just kill her!”

And that’s not all that she receives. Ha Young reads them all. This just makes everything worse! 

Hayoung’s P.O.V

Oh no… this is all I’ve done to those guys? Oh no, what am I gonna do? I can’t just go back there and hug my brother-like friend and be best friends with him again, that would be impossible right. Their words are like swords piercing to my heart, and it was like they were scolding and yelling right in front of me. I can’t take this! I need to do something to get their trust back, to be a good person, I won’t be my mother’s doll anymore! I will proof to them that I’m…. I’m….. I’m a good person? I don’t think I deserve that!

I decided to go to an ashes case of my best friend, Jin Ri, she was my best friend in middle school and yet she’s dead. Are you okay now, Jin Ri-ah? You seem happy up there, what am I gonna do to be happy now? Please tell me. I ask my best friend but she was gone. She’s not there for me anymore.

Author’s P.O.V

Meanwhile, Sungjong is lying down on her bed, still awake because Ha Young is still out there and haven’t return, more over the dormitory checking is soon.

“Well that’s weird..” Sungjong thought as she looks at Hayoung’s side of the room. She’s usually just right on the table studying or at least in the toilet trying to wipe her nosebleed, how weird….

“BZZT~” Suddenly, her phone vibrates. Turns out it’s a text from Myungsoo.  

I miss my Sungjonggie so much~~~ >3<” – Myungsoo

“What the heck...?” she mumbles

Yak! Go take some rest! Its almost midnight! Go to sleep -_- “ – Sungjong

But you’re not here, and I miss you so much, will you come again tomorrow? Please?”- Myungsoo

Fine! I will go there tomorrow, but it will be your fault if I get caught!”- Sungjong

“Okay~ Thank you Sungjong-ah, I love you  – Myungsoo

I Love you too...  – Sungjong.

After sending that text, she throws her phone across the bed and sleeps the whole night, trying to forgot anything that happens.


The next day, Sungjong went to visit Myungsoo but unfortunately she got caught by Mr. Jung. Mr. Jung was about to warn her but Sungjong is already on her knees begging for him to let her go to Myungsoo.

“Saem!! Please let me go just this once! Please!!” she pleads

“Aiish fine, but only until lunch, if you’re not back I will add your punishment points to 500.” He threatens, Sungjong pursed her lips but nods, complying to her homeroom teacher.

“Fine…” she mumbles as she goes to the hospital.  

Meanwhile at the hospital, Myungsoo just woke up from his blissful sleep and obviously thinking of a certain Lemon lover. Suddenly the door opens and Myungsoo eyes the door suspiciously until a familiar and beautiful face appears on the door.   

“Myungsoo-ah~” Sungjong calls out appearing from the door, Myungsoo gasps.

“Sungjong-ah.” He gasps “I thought you wouldn’t come, what if you’re—“

“Hush! I know, I told Mr. Jung about it, I’ll be back at 1pm.” She said, Myungsoo nods with a smile on his face

“Come on, eat up! I cook it myself.” She said as she shows him her homemade lunch, since chocolate candy is a no-no for sick people, instead she brings him chocolate milk

“Yum, chocolate milk.” He comments as he looks at the chocolate milk given by Sungjong. Sungjong opens the Tupperware revealing a bento made of love. There’s rice, Kimchi, some fried food (just a bit though) and a warming soup that she just pour from a plastic wrapper. Myungsoo is obviously impressed by the bento she gave him and hopes that it taste as good as it looks.

“Thank you for the food~” he said

“Happy eating~” coos Sungjong as Myungsoo eats. Turns out it DOES taste as good as it looks.

“At last, real food, yum! Hospital food .” Said Myungsoo, she giggles at how cute he is. 

“Hmm? What? You’re hungry too?” he asks, Sungjong shook her head as she just sip on her chocolate milk watching Myungsoo eat up.  

“Wait.” Mumbles Myungsoo as he gets his phone and starts to snap bunch of photos of her

snap!

“Ya—yah! What are you doing?!” she asks

“Snapping photos of you of course. Look! You’re so cute here~” he coos as he snaps some more.

“Aiish stop it!” she exclaims, Myungsoo lies down as he looks at his picture.  

“Hehe now that I have your photo I won’t miss you until my discharged, but right now I want to spent my time with my real Sungjong~” he coos, Sungjong can only blush


Because Mr. Jung let Sungjong go to the hospital to visit Myungsoo, the other club members decide to do the same and visit him.  

“Yak! You should be careful next time, Aigoo is it that bad? Did you get hurt really bad? How was it now? Do you still remember us?” asks Ryeowook who sits right beside him. Sungjong, who was obviously still sitting in front of him instantly laughs at the questions.

“Yah! It’s not like he got amnesia or anything!” she laughs.  

“Oppa, I made you some porridge, so you can get better, I hope.” Said Ren

“Thank you, just put it on that table.” Said Myungsoo, Ren nods as she puts it on the table

“Myungsoo-ah, when are you gonna be discharged, the competition is nearing you know.” Said Nam Joo

“I know about that and that means I have to practice more.” He said, all of them nod

“You have to! Or else we will lose.” Said Aron  

“Hmm where’s Hoya by the way?” asks Myungsoo

“Ah, he has something to do he will be here soon.” Said Sungjong, Myungsoo nods

Outside the room, Ha Young is already there and watches from afar. She was too sad and ashamed to even get in. she wrote a letter to them and tucks it on the door frame before leaving. As she leaves, she cross paths with Hoya

“Hoya-ah.” She calls out

“Mm? eo? Hayoung-ah!” He gasps seeing Hayoung at the hospital. “Did you go see him? Did you apologise to them?” He asks.  

“Yeah, I’ve seen Myungsoo and I do owe all of them my apology.” She replies.  

“Ah okay...” Said Hoya as Ha Young walks away. But she changes her mind as she stops on her tracks and calls Hoya.   

“Wait!” she calls out as Hoya was about to walk any further “Can I ask you a favor?”

“What favor?” he asks


Turns out Hayoung’s favor is to have a ‘date’ with Hoya. Their first destination is the arcade to let loose and forget about anything that happens.

“I’m getting more points now!” exclaims Hoya as he continues to step on the buttons in one of the games which is pump fiesta

“Aiish you~” grumbles Ha Young cutely as she continues to step on the buttons so she would win.

They also play basketball in the arcade. They both work together to gain points by shooting balls to the goal

“Go go go!!” exclaims Hoya as Ha Young shoots for more.  

“Yah! It’s so difficult!” pouts Ha Young

“Come on you can do it!” exclaims Hoya. Ha Young nods as she shoots for more. In the end they beat the high score

“Yay! We did it!” exclaims Hoya while Ha Young just smiles

“So, what else do you want to do? I have all day, but won’t your mother will be angry?” asks Hoya

“It’s okay. She won’t know. This is also my form of apology since I was being mean to you all year long.” Said Ha Young with a smile, Hoya’s heart starts to beat faster than normal as he sees the sweet smile from this girl.

‘What’s with me? This is really weird! Why is my heart beating so fast  just because she smiles.’ He thought ‘ah so this is what Sungjonggie feels when she was with Myungsoo, she always told me that her heart is about to burst, now I know how that feeling is, it’s very weird yet enjoyable.’ Thought Hoya

“Uh... Hoya, are you okay?” she asks, Hoya only grins

“I—I’m okay, want to go for some bikes?” he asks, Ha Young nods

“Sure, that would be interesting.” Said Ha Young as they go to a park and ride bikes there

“Wee!! This is so fun!!” exclaims Ha Young

“The one who gets to that bench last must buy ice cream!” exclaims Hoya

“You’re on!” answers Ha Young as they race to the bench, the dorkiness of Hoya has been shown as he slows down just to let Ha Young win

“Hey! Why did you slow down, don’t you want me to buy you ice cream?” asks Ha Young

“That doesn’t matter, I lost.” Said Hoya “Let’s go I’ll buy you one.” He continues as he orders two ice cream, one is mint-choco flavor for her and the other is strawberry flavor for him.

“Hey, should we head back? Sungjong might get worried that I’m not there to see Myungsoo.” Hoya said as they walk around the town. Hayoung smiles starts to fade as she laughs bitterly at the mention of their names.  

“Oh, is that so? Okay then, you can go there.” Hayoung replies, forcing a smile. Hoya looks at her confusedly.

“Come on, aren’t you coming with me? Besides you have to apologize.” Said Hoya

“I—I did.” Said Ha Young. “I’ll get going now, thank you Hoya.” She said as she gives him a peck on his cheek. This makes Hoya forgets all about his fear. Instead his face turns red and his eyes widen. As he was about to reply her she was gone. He assumes she was walking back to the dorms.

“Well better get back to my sister.” He mumbles as he walks to the hospital


Back at hospital, everyone is still talking until Sungjong notices a letter in front of the door. She picks it up and sees that it was adressed for Baekho and Royals. She confusedly opens the envelope with the letter inside.

Hayoung’s letter and all in Hayoung’s P.O.V

Dear all royals and Baekho members,

I’m sorry, that word seems to be a forbidden word for me, it so hard to get it out of my mouth. I don’t know how to say thank you, I’m sorry, I love you. I don’t even know how, it just won’t come out from my mouth. I don’t even know how to say help me when I needed help, when I’m alone and no one is there for me, only Hoya is, I felt so guilty that I hurt all of you. The pressure is too much for me. I thought if I succeed in being number one is school I would be happy, but no! Myungsoo-ah, because I kick you out of school because you were once in rank one and if you’re out I will be in rank one, I don’t find that a better thing. I miss my brother-like friend that’s been protecting me from all of the wolfs in our school since first grade

-mini flashback-

First grade Ha Young who just got in the school was bullied because she was that quiet kid.  She didn’t even have any friends because at that time the girls are more outgoing than her and all she did was studying all day and all night. But that changes until Myungsoo and Sungyeol defends her that one time.

“Hey, leave her alone!” Myungsoo scolds them. The bullies instantly scatter as soon as they hear Myungsoo’s voice.

“That’s right! Scram!” adds Sungyeol with a laugh as Myungsoo pulls her to his side

“Are you okay?” he asks, Ha Young nods

“Gamsahamida.” She said with a smile

“Don’t be too formal. By the way, I’m Myungsoo and this is Sungyeol. We will be best friends forever! You should join the Baekho club. I heard you were really smart.” Said Myungsoo

“Really?!” asks Hayoung, Myungsoo nods

“I would love to!!”

-end of mini flashback-

Letter continues: I also miss my best friends, Kim Nam Joo, Son Naeun and Lee Sungjong. You guys are always been there for me, I love you guys so much. I can’t believe I can’t even said that. I’m so sorry that it was too late for me to say sorry to all of you especially you Kim Myungsoo, Lee Sungjong and Lee Sungyeol. I’m so sorry that I turn into a monster just beneath your nose, I never meant for this to happen, I never meant to hurt all of you. Please forgive me. I don’t think you will forgive me after all of the things I did.

Ps: Just a warning for you Lee Sungjong. If I was alive when you find me will you agree with me dating your brother? I might have feelings for him. Will you agree, even though I’m your nemesis. But if I’m gone, I hope I won’t cause any hardships between you guys, Goodbye. – Oh Hayoung.

“Guys! Something is odd about Hayoung, and what does this have to do with her relation with my brother?!” she said as she runs to Myungsoo nearly once again knocking him out because she was in a hurry. Myungsoo accepts the letter and reads it.

“What?!” he gasps

“She—she’s gonna kill herself!” exclaims Ren. Panic reaches the hospital room real quick as they get out instantly to find her, luckily Myungsoo is allowed to get out as long as he didn’t get hurt.


At the meantime, Hoya is on his way back to the hospital. His phone suddenly rings loudly.

“Ring…ring …ring…”

He looks at his screen and finds Sungjong’s number. He picks up the phone and answers it.

“Yes?”

“Oppa! Have you seen Ha Young somewhere?” asks Sungjong

“Hmm Hayoung? Yeah we were just together a while ago.” Answers Hoya

“Chase after her now! She’s going to kill herself, pali!!!” exclaims Sungjong

“What?!” gasps Hoya but his sister hangs up on him without further explanations. Without thinking any further, Hoya immediately chases after Ha Young as the other students were doing the same.  


Meanwhile, Ha Young is just wondering on the streets, until she walks on the zebra cross and stops in the middle just to text her mother her apology. She waits for any car to just crash her. The horns are blaring loudly at her as cars pass by her one by one.

The others are trying to find Ha Young as they call out to her. Everyone is running from here and there. Everyone felt bad but Ren feels this the most. If only she didn’t upload it to the school’s blog all of this won’t happen. Sungjong and Myungsoo’s won’t fall rolling around the stairs, Hayoung will still confess her mistakes.

“Aish! This is all my fault! I shouldn’t have post that video on the school’s blog!” Ren grumbles as she looks around worriedly.  

“Aiish we shouldn’t be that mean to her.” Adds Naeun agreeing to her.  

“Guys, come on! We have to find her!” exclaims Sungyeol who was with them.


At the meantime, Sungjong is crying. She not only felt bad, she also feels guilty. If only she approached this calmly maybe this won’t happen.

“This is all my fault! I was being so mean to her!” cries Sungjong “What am I gonna do? What if she really kills herself?!”

“I was actually quite harsh to her….” mumbles Myungsoo as he puts his hands on her shoulder to calm her down.  

On the other side of the street,  Hoya is alone as he looks for Hayoung. He calls her name repeatedly and tries to find her.

“Oh no… where is she?” he mumbles as he looks around and finds Ha Young right on the street waiting for a car to just crash her. The car light shone at her and the blaring horns can be heard. Sungjong and Myungsoo also see this and panics.

“Hayoung!! Watch out!!” she exclaims.

Luckily Hoya quickly pulls her to the side and hugs her, Ha Young is now sobbing in his arms.

“Don’t cry, it’s okay. I’m here for you.” Said Hoya. Ha Young continues to cry as Hoya comforts her.  


The next day, the team is back at school no, but not Hayoung. She was now in a hospital getting a rehabilitation for her mental illness, she was diagnosed with Depression and panic disorder. She can return to school once she’s stable enough to function, but for now she needs so stay in her hospital room and get the medication she needs.

“Will we be able to see Ha Young eonnie again? I miss her even though she’s being mean to us.” Said Ren

“I agree, don’t worry Ren-ah, she will be okay.” Said Naeun comforting her

“By the way, Hoya is healed from his fear, thanks to Hayoung.” Said Ryeowook, the others nod

“Oh wow, that’s quite ironic…” Aron comments.


At the meantime, Ha Young is on the rehabilitation as her mother talks to Principal Choi about moving aboard, Ha Young sigh as her mother tell her about continuing her education in New York, USA

‘I’ll miss them…. a lot…’ She thought


Back at the school, they proceed to talk to each other until Ryeowook gets hungry,

“Hey guys, want to grab some snacks at the student lounge?” asks Ryeowook.

“Oh sure! Let’s go.” Said Sungjong as they go to the student lounge.

In the student lounge there is the new mean trio in school. The three of them are badmouthing Hayoung. The members observe carefully as they listen to the conversation from a far.

“Ha! Serves her right, I knew she has mental issues!” exclaims the female member of the group

“You’re right Chaerin-ah, she deserves all this because she was being mean to all of us.” Said Jiyoung

“Yeah, I agree.” Said Jung Shin

“Ahem!” Sungjong gives an ‘ahem’ sound to get their attention.  

“Who do you guys think you are to Judge Ha Young unnie like that huh?!” scolds Ren as she glares at Aron to say something too

“Yeah! It’s not like it’s her own will! Just look at yourself, you’re no different if you’re judging her like this!” he adds.

“Besides, she’s not your business she’s ours.” Said Sungyeol.  

“So I think you should stop criticizing her and start to have a life.” He continues

“Besides, I’m quite sure that you’re happy she’s out just as happy as I’m out am I right? Oh your rankings will go up too. But even so, our Baekho club is closed, and you can’t enter that.” Said Myungsoo as he sits on the table side, they all whimper in fear.

“Yah! You should say something better than just gossip about her.” Said Sungjong

“It’s not all her fault! And what if she did have some mental issues?! She’s not like that from the start! She was like that because of Madam Oh. What if you’re in her place, do you want to be judged like this?!” scolds Hoya as he slams the table. "No?! THEN START DEALING WITH YOUR ING BUSSINESS!" He ends it, getting angry every second. 

Everyone is shock by Hoya’s sudden outburst. The Royals-baekho club also turn silent at his shocking explosive anger, even his sister never see Hoya this angry I mean she has but she rarely sees it. She though did notice Hoya hang out with Hayoung a lot but she didn’t expect he’d be this protective of her.

“Le-let’s go….” Sungjong said, dragging Hoya away before anything gets worse because once Hoya gets explosively angry there might be more bloodshed and they don’t want that to happen.


The next day, the practice starts but everything isn’t going as well as they hope since Ha Young is not there to be with them.  

“Ha Young is gone now.” Sungjong said as she glances to the chair beside Myungsoo’s where she would always sit “We can’t even visit her.”

“What?! Why can’t we?! We are her friends!” exclaims Ren in rage she nearly slams the table which is coincidentally Sungjong’s table earning a glare from the owner.

“Stop slamming tables please?!” she scolds.

“Hehe, sorry eonnie...” Ren replies with a grin.


At the meantime, Ha Young is laying on her bed totally gloomy. She has nothing to do and she was in her rehabilitation. Her doctor told her not to do anything that causes stress and that includes social interactions so she’s both bored and sad. Because she’s not allowed to get out of the hospital and she can’t apologize face to face with her friends. Her frown goes deeper as the thought of her friends reaches her brain.

‘I miss my friends.’ She thought sighing sadly.

“Young Lady Oh, we will move to New York next week, you must be ready okay?” said Tutor Lee but instead of an answer, Ha Young ignores her turning away.  

“BZZT….” Suddenly her phone vibrates signaling that there’s a message. Tutor Lee looks at the notification and turns out it’s from her friends.  

“Here you have a message from your friends.” Said Tutor Lee, Ha Young looks at the message, it was from Nam Joo and Naeun. They send a video through the Baekho-Royals group chat. She finds videos from every members, one by one telling her that they forgive her despite her doings and they hope she’d return soon.

“Yak, this cheerleading thing was your idea! Take responsibility!” Sungjong ends her video throwing her art book to the floor and moves away.

The video continues with Myungsoo apologizing on Sungjong’s behalf and roasting her playfully with,

“This is why, Oh Hayoung, be more honest okay? So when you return apologize to everyone and stop being bad okay?” He said with an eye smile. “besides that, I kinda miss your company in the baekho, back then before you go crazy. That chaos we all make is awesome, not gonna lie.” He adds.

Hayoung laughs at this comment and sees Myungsoo getting pushed away by Sungjong who sigh, shaking her head.

“Ignore him. Just come back and stop being a crazy b*tch! I miss my bestfriend, my roommate! This isn’t the Hayoung I know and love. The Hayoung I know and love is a sunshine who always supports everyone, not tear each other down. Please return eoh? Besides, my brother has been moping around and that’s because of you disappearing so please return as soon as possible okay?! Take responsibilities of your doing!” Sungjong said with all of her feelings mixed up.

As she was watching the video, tears starts rolling from her eyes as a wide smile finally blossoms from her. The person that she’s being mean to also cares about her and gives her the longest speech of all. She was so touched by every single word she said to the point she doesn’t give a crap about her crush on Hoya. They can know for all she cares. She was so happy that Sungjong still cares about her. If she was allowed she’d jump of the bed, ran all the way to school and will shower Sungjong with hugs and kisses but she can’t so she puts the phone away and leans onto the pillow behind her, sighing sadly because she can’t go and face them herself.

Suddenly her train of thoughts are stopped by Tutor Lee. Hayoung has grown tired of this. Okay, maybe her mom told her to go to America, maybe her studies are good but she knew deep down inside all her doings are wrong. So as soon as Tutor Lee calls her, she just glances to her tutor in the most flattest face she possibly can muster. She’s just DONE with everything they told her.

“Get ready young lady Oh, we’re going to the airport now.” Tutor Lee told her. Hayoung sigh as she shakes her head no.

“No. I’m staying at Inspirit Academy. I will face them myself and with my way. Not your way, not mother’s but mine.” She told her tutor sternly.

“But Young lady-“

“I’m doing this my way. I don’t give a sh*t about what you think! So you rather back away from my problems and let me DEAL WITH IT MYSELF!” She cuts off glaring daggers to her tutor to the point her tutor bows and escapes from her room.

A satisfied smirk is visible on her face as she rests herself for today. She’s gonna face them in her way and that’s what’s she’s gonna do tomorrow.