Chapter 21

힘내세요 (Cheer up)

A few days has passed and the rankings are all published. As Myungsoo had told her, her rank did go up. From 196 into 150 (supposedly 151 because Myungsoo isn’t there)

‘Mwo?! Wow! Myungsoo is right.’ She thought as she walks away after seeing it.

While Sungjong is walking away, Hayoung passes her as fast as wind to find her ranking. She stares at the board finding her name in the first rank followed with Sungyeol then Nam Joo after that is JR last but not least is Naeun

“I’m first place…” she said. Happiness and relief can be heard from her as she has a big smile on her face.

Because of her good scores her mother, Madam Oh, invites her to a special lunch to congratulate her. The two eat at a fancy restaurant talking about so many things until the topic of midterm comes into the conversation.  

I’m so proud of you Hayoung-ah.” She said.  

Thank you, Mother.” Hayoung replies, shyness can be heard but actually she was just acting. She knows exactly why she’s on top, but oh well let’s just keep that a secret for now.  

To congratulate you on for being on top of class, I bought this for you.” Said Madam Jessica putting a shopping bag to her side, she was shocked. 

“Is this for—“

“It’s for you Hayoung-ah. Open it.” She said. Ha Young nods as she opens it finding a brown colored handbag, she was so happy!

Thank you so much, Mother!” she exclaims in happiness

“You’re welcome. You know I always want the best for you right, my dear?” Madam Oh replies, still having the proud smile on her face.  

Yes mother.” She answers, smilling back to her mother. But as soon as her mother faced away a smirk grows on her face, looking at the bag.

‘At last! I beat that Myungsoo.’ She thought with a smirk

That evening , everyone is busy with everything and anything. Even though the midterms are finished, they still need to study because their history teacher, Mrs. Song is quite a sadist when it comes to quizes. So here is Namjoo and Naeun studying while Sungjong being a lazy bum she is lays on her bed talking to the phone. That is until Hayoung knocks on the door letting her roomates know she’s back. Naeun opens the door finding a happy Hayoung.

“Wooo, a new bag?” She asks, earning a nod from the happy girl.

Hearing the word new bag, this caught Namjoo’s attention as she spins her chair to face Hayoung who fishes out her new bag. A beautiful luxurious brown bag. Further more it's an LV bag! 

“Wow! It’s so beautiful and so fancy!” Naeun exclaims.

“Wow, your mother really is rich huh?” Namjoo comments sarcastically.  

I know right! This bag is so cute! Can you ask her to buy for me?” asks Naeun who is oblivious about the sarcasm Namjoo is spouting.

“Well I can talk to her if you want.” Said Hayoung. 

Oh well. You can have fun with your new victory but trust me, Myungsoo is gonna go back sooner or later.” Namjoo said, spinning the chair to face her books.

What?” Hayoung gasps.

“Well obviously, Sungjong and Sungyeol are trying to find prove that Myungsoo is innocent which makes me curious too.” Answers Nam Joo.  

“I know Myungsoo Oppa won’t do such thing, I trust him.” Said Naeun, agreeing to Namjoo.

“Yeah, he was not the type to even steal. He was only being mean to you, FYI.” Said Nam Joo.

They do have a point, Myungsoo won’t even care about the scores if he does it based on a lie. He doesn’t even care about the scores in general. All he cares is about justice. It’s reasonable for them to trust him. Hayoung can only nod and responds bitterly about how mean he is to her but these girls are telling the truth about it.  

Speaking of prove, here is Sungjong in a phonecall with Sungyeol. They were discussing about the proves that they found and the progress of it. Those footages they found may be usefull but there’s nothing wrong in finding more.

“Yak! Have you found anything related?” asks Sungjong to Sungyeol on phone

“Well not really, but we can find more soon...” The other line responds.

“Really? Well okay then, we’ll meet after dinner to discuss it more.” Said Sungjong

“Keol!” answers Sungyeol “Okay gotta study now, bye.” He adds before hanging up on Sungjong.  

Sungjong looks at her phone both shocked and offended. How could he hang up on her like that?!

‘Ugh! Whatever you !’ She thought, throwing her phone across the bed. Suddenly she gets a text from Ryeowook. She groans and gets her phone, opening the chatroom and finds the video where they were together at the cafeteria. 

“Dear Lee Sungjong, who is drowning in loneliness because her master is goneㅋㅋ.” The text said. At first Sungjong rolls her eyes at the caption but as soon as she notices the video and plays it…

“I FOUND IT!” she shouts, before awkwardly saying sorry to Hayoung but Namjoo and Naeun and curious so they ask about it.

“Found what?” asks Nam Joo

“I found the footage that will prove Myungsoo innocent!” She answers.

Hayoung looks at Sungjong in horror while the three of them cheer in happiness that they got another prove.


A/n: Double update again :D 

I hope you guys like this chapter and I'll see you on the next update. 

Don't forget to subscribe for more updates and leave a comment ~uwu~ 

Thanks for stopping by~ 

Toodles! ^^