Chapter 17

힘내세요 (Cheer up)

The next day, Mrs. Kwon gave them time to study since the midterms are coming up. So right now the students are arranging seats so that the Baekho students can help the Royal students study. Of course Myungsoo would end up with Sungjong. He literally dragged her to Sungyeol's seat who looks up in the most offended expression he can muster. The next one is Jonghyun (JR) with Ren who gladly pushed Ryeowook away from his seat and let JR sat there. Sulli studies with Naeun, Minho and Aron studies with Sungyeol, Ryeowook studies with Namjoo and Hoya studies with Hayoung who accepts his existence anyways. Throughout studying it was peaceful and there are no troubles until Hayoung's nose starts bleeding. Namjoo, Naeun, and Hoya all panic as Hayoung just storms out with her bleeding nose. Hoya instantly follows worrying about her. Namjoo and Naeun both have a smirk on their faces. 

'It's time for her to change for the better.' The thought in unison glancing at each other with knowing looks. 

Outside, Hoya is watching Hayoung wipping her nose from all the blood. 

"Hey, come on, Let's go to the infirmary. I'll help you." Hoya asks her but Hayoung shakes her head. 

"I'm fine! Wait inside, I'll be back soon." Hayoung told him but Hoya refuses. 

"I can't leave you alone like this. Not with that bleeding nose. Come on, let's to infirmary." Hoya tries again, he even tries to pull her up slowly until he succeeds. He pulls her up to stand up and looks at her dead in the eyes. 

"We are going to the infirmary and get you treated. You can even rest there, you've been overworking yourself." Said Hoya. 

"But what about my notes? And the textbooks? And my studies?" Hayoung asks, with a pleading face in hopes it can melt Hoya's heart and let her study again. 

"I'll bring them to you. For now you need to rest. I'll come back on reccess and we'll study again. Do we have a deal, Oh Hayoung?" He asks, the stubborn girl nods again. 

Hoya leads her to the infirmary and tucks her into the bed. He even adjusts the pillow before hand so she can have a comfortable rest.

"Rest up okay? You really need it. If you need anything just text me. I'll be here right away." Hoya said 


During reccess, Myungsoo and Sungjong studies again. The two are at the student lounge, continuing their studies in Korean literature. This time Sungjong is on fire because it's her favorite subject. She answers all the questions correctly even Myungsoo is surprised on how fast they are on this subject. 

"You are on fire! I never thought you can finish the questions this fast and correctly." Myungsoo said, obviously shook by the results. 

"This has always been my favorite subject and probably the only subject I'd get an A besides sports and art..." Sungjong replies. 

"Well since you're so good at this already, we'll proceed to science or math." Myungsoo answers sliding in his science and math textbook earning a horror look from Sungjong. 

"We've study math though~" Sungjong whines. 

"It's the first exam, Lemon. You can't fail this one." 

"Don't wanna~" She whines again.

"Well, I guess you're gonna fail the rest of your exams~" Myungsoo replies, hiding a smirk. Sungjong looks at Myungsoo in a surprised expression. I mean she's used to failing but not this time. She needs to prove him wrong that she also wants to score a higher score than just a D. 

"F-Fine! We-we'll study math!" Sungjong exclaims as she grabs the math book and opens it to the last page they were at. At an instant a look of horror is on her face. 

"What the heck is this-" Sungjong said as soon as she opens the textbook. 

After a few minutes of studying, instead of really studying Sungong got sleepy. Sungjong doesn't want to admit it but Myungsoo lecturing her is a relaxing to the point that she ends up sleeping on top of her notebook. Myungsoo stops his teaching as he glances to the sleeping girl beside him. He shook his head as a slight laugh came out of him. 

At the end of, Myungsoo lets her sleep for the whole reccess. He did put some snacks and banana milk. He pats her head as he starts to cover her up from the annoying sunlight. He uses her notebook to cover it up but at the end, he use some of the stand-up banners to cover her up from the sunlight. Lastly he puts a yellow sticky note on her forehead saying 

"Let's go out after the exam." 

After putting that on her forehead, he leaves her to sleep inside his so-called fortress the whole reccess. Later in class, Myungsoo waits for her reply for the post-it. He stares at her the entire time to the point that Sungyeol is annoyed by this. 

"What even are you staring at?" He scolds whispers. 

"Nothing." Myungsoo replies before looking back to Mr. Jung who's teaching the class today but his eyes kept on going to Sungjong who's obviously paying attention because she doesn't want to fail this class. Myungsoo gives up on staring and finally texts her knowing Sungjong has her phone on the table. Sungjong glances to the notifications which said 

'What's your answer yes or no?" 

Sungjong glares at Myungsoo for interrupting her studies but him spamming her with him giving her a pleading look melts her. She types in a reply but before she can even send it, Mr. Jung is right in front of her already. 

"Sungjong-ah, I told you not to text in class. Especially when the exam is near. I'll confiscated this phone until reccess. By then you'll get it back. Understood?" Mr. Jung told her sternly. Sungjong gives her favorite teacher pleading eyes but Mr. Jung is not having it. So at the end her phone is still gone and Myungsoo did not get his answer. 

After the lesson is finished, Myungsoo approaches Sungjong to apologize but before he can even say "sorry" Sungjong already snaps at him. 

"You shouldn't have text me in class! I was paying attention and didn't want to fail on this class! Are you kidding me?! What? Is going out with you more important than the class?! Can't you sort out your in priorities for once?!" She shouts. "Screw the date! If my rank goes down because of this bs I'm kicking your !"

"Su-Sungjong-ah, I'm sorry okay? Fine I'll get your phone back." Myungsoo pleads but Sungjong still ignores him, she even walks away from him still fuming. Myungsoo sighs because all his attempts to ask Sungjong out on a date has failed so he did what he said.

He sneaks into the teachers office and finds Mr. Jung's table right away. He finds the phone successfully. A bright lemon yellow case can be seen with a lemon keychain on it. He carefully takes it and escapes successfully without anyone caughting him. Little did he know, Mrs. Song the history teacher saw him entering the teachers room but she just lets him go knowing he's the first ranked student. Maybe he just wants to take something that he left, at least that's what she thought. 

As soon as he got out, he chase after Sungjong who's buying lemon tea at the cafeteria. He hurriedly approaches her with the phone in his hand. 

"I found it!" He exclaims, like an excited puppy knowing she'd give him a chance again if she has her phone. 

Sungjong receives the phone before giving an evil smirk to him. 

"Since you've worked hard for the phone I suppose you can have your so-called date with me." Sungjong said. 

"*cough* *cough* Excuse me." That's Ryeowook's voice. The two of them turn around and find Ryeowook recording them. 

"I've seen you two are always together. Do tell me, what relationship you have?" Ryeowook asks. Sungjong turns red at an instant and chase him off around the cafeteria but Myungsoo just stand there silently watching them before finally calling out to him. 

"Ryeowook-ah! Come to my room and I'll tell you the truth!" 

"Will do! Oh my God! Sungjong stop it!!!" Ryeowook answers before screaming again as Sungjong chase after him with her lemon tea in her hand, probably to drench him in that. 

"Get back here you punk!!" Sungjong shouts still chasing Ryeowook 


A/n: Hello everyone, I finally updated again uwu Hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

Don't forget to please left a comment if you like this chapter. Thank you for reading everyone~ 

See you on later chapters.

Torallo~