Chapter 16

힘내세요 (Cheer up)

In the dorms, we can see Sungyeol using the ointment and bandages given to him by Sungjong. A smile forms on his face remembering Sungjong's words to him. It may be a simple 'get well soon' and 'take care of yourself' but it really warms his heart. Suddenly he hears Myungsoo comes into their room. Sunyeol panically puts back his ointment and bandage before greeting his bestfriend but the first thing he hears from Myungsoo is, "Are you crazy?!" 

"What? Because I defended her and the whole club?" Sungyeol sarcastically answers. 

"What if Principal Choi calls your father?! Are you ready for the risk?!" Scolds Myungsoo. 

"Fine, she can tell him for all I care. All I know is I did the right thing." Sungyeol answers. 

"And you actually think your father would agree with you?" Myungsoo asks back. 

"Well he won't, but she's my friend. The whole team is my friend now. We agree to it so we should defend her." He explains, Myungsoo nods understanding his explanation. 

At the same time, Namjoo, Naeun and Hayoung are questioned by Mr. Kim about their deeds. Namjoo and Naeun both admit guilty but not Hayoung. She just said it was a whole misunderstanding.

On the other hand, Mr. Jung gets his job back but not without getting threats from the Principal on the next day. 

"Is that a threat?" He scoffs, earning an offended gasp from Principal Choi. "Or is it a motivation? Cause it makes me want to expose you more oh and trust me, getting rid of my students won't be that easy, MIss. Do you know why? Because I won't allow it." He adds before finally leaving the principal's office. 

As soon as he got out, he felt like a burden from his shoulders has been lifted. It felt good. Turns out his train of throughts are stopped as he hears a fammiliar voice. 

"Mr. Jung!!" The three exclaim. 

"What are you guys doing here?!" He scolds. "Why are you skipping your classes?! Get back now!" 

"Oh come on, let's have a little fun. Myungsoo bought us jajangmyeon!" Sungjong answers, earning glares from the two smart boys. 

"It was your idea!" Sungyeol whines as Sungjong just give him a 'mehrong' and walks with Mr. Jung. 

Up at the rooftop, they talk about so many things until Mr. Jung remembers that these students are actually skipping class just to celebreate his success?! Aish! What did this Royal leader put in their heads?! Speaking of the Royal leader, we can see her getting teased by Myungsoo all over again. 

"Aish! Can't you two just get a room?!" He scolds. 

"But-" 

"This is legit the third time you guys are acting like a couple and all you say is 'we're not dating' yet here we are with me and Sungyeol as thirdwheels." Mr. Jung grumbles earning a laugh from Myungsoo. 

"I'm sure Mrs. Kwon wants to date you sir." He said. 

"Aish! Finish your food!" He scolds again. 


That night, since the mid-term test's  schedule is out everyone is there studying. Of course Sungjong studies with Hoya as ussual but the first test is math and the two are frustrated. 

"WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE MATH FIRST?!" screech Sungjong, nearly throwing the book and when she did someone catches it. 

"Myungsoo?!" Sungjong and Hoya gasp in unison seeing the Baekho leader appearing with a smirk on his face. 

"How's studying? Need any help?" He asks. 

"As if!" Replies Sungjong rolling her eyes. 

But at the end of the day, Sungjong ends up asking Myungsoo to teach her anyways. The two of them end up in the Laundry room studying by the table. The clock has strike twelve as they keep on studying for the test. Sungjong did listen to Myungsoo's explanations but she never study until this late nor did she stay up more than this. Her eyes keeps on closing and her head keeps on dropping as she turns sleepy. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Myungsoo asks concernly, seeing Sungjong dropping her head now and then with her eyes closed. 

"I-I'm okay!" Sungjong replies a bit loudly, making sure to convience Myungsoo that she's alright and can study for the whole night but Myungsoo ain't buying it. 

"Are you sure? I mean it's fine if you wanna sleep now. The test is still one week away." Myungsoo told her but Sungjong pouts wanting to study more because she didn't want to dissapoint him and being called lazy. 

"Let's just continue." She said.

"It's okay. If you need some sleep then sleep. I won't mind teaching you this tommorow morning or afternoon." Myungsoo tries to convience her too, telling her that her health matters more than scores. 

"It's because I always get back to the dorms at 11 and it's mostly after Royal's dance practice. It was extremely tiring and I end up sleeping instead of doing my homework or studying. That's why I always end up sleepy and when I did accidentally sleep I know nothing and end up getting a 5 on the test." She explains. 

"I told you you need some sleep." Myungsoo replies in a teasing tone earning a glare from the sleepy one. 

Suddenly the laundry dorm opens. It was Namjoo and Naeun trying to study for next week's test too. 

"What are you guys doing here?" Naeun asks. 

"Studying." Myungsoo replies nonchalantly. 

"Doesn't look like it." Namjoo said, looking at them. With dim lights and a secluded place no one will trust the word "studying" 

"If we were making out there won't be books." Myungsoo deadpans.

"Well okay then, we'll get going. Have fun 'studying'" Naeun said as she make quotations marks at the word studying earning an offended glare from Myungsoo.

"Toddles~" Namjoo said as she closes the door leaving them alone. 

Myungsoo sigh and faces the book again. "Okay back to studying, so how do you do number five?" But he earns no answer. Myungsoo looks at Sungjong and finds her asleep.

"Rather call those two to return her to her room..." Myungsoo muters as he fishes out his phone to text Namjoo and Naeun to fetch Sungjong and get her back to her room. 

Meanwhile in the dorms, specifcally room 309, Hayoung is in the bathroom cleaning her nose full of blood for the nth time. She remmbers her mother's warning last year about her test scores. She was once first rank until Myungsoo got a glow up and surpass her. She sobs silently in the bathroom still holding the tissue full of blood. 


A/n: Hello guys~ It's been a while since I updated these. There's so much going on in real life, so please bare with me. But anyways, I hope you like this chapter and don't forget to leave a comment and subscribe. Thankkies >3< 

Ps: Most infinite members are in military and Myungsoo getting out saddnes me :(( it's late again but still sad tho :( Myungsoo getting out means no more friendship moments of MyungyeolJong :(( that means Infinite F is bye bye ;-; 

/sobs at the corner/