Chapter 23

힘내세요 (Cheer up)

The next morning, Sungjong and Hoya goes earlier since Sungjong is the leader and because Hoya wants too. Why is Myungsoo not here? Because Myungsoo didn’t vote himself as the leader of the whole club and Sungjong won the selection of leader so here she is trying to get all the boxes into the car. 

“Aiish so heavy.” Mumbles Sungjong as she carries a box full of drinks. She was struggling with it and it almost falls luckily, a helping hand appears. Hoya’s hand holds the bottom of the box, helping his sister out.  

“Need some help there, lil sis?” asks Hoya with a smirk as they both carry it to the car. Sungjong huffs as she sees all the other boxes they have to carry.

“This will take forever...” Sungjong mutters in which Hoya nods.

“It’s fine, let’s just get this over it and go~” He replies playfully earning a laugh from Sungjong.

As soon as they’re finished, the two enter the car and go on their merry way to the camp-site. Ever since all the drama, Sungjong barely spends time with her brother and she felt guilty of it. She’s also busy with making the choreography and getting dragged by Myungsoo to study.

“Thank you, oppa.” Sungjong said suddenly shocking Hoya who raises his eyebrows confusedly. “Also, I’m sorry for not spending time a lot with you. Ever since Hayoung starts all this drama I’ve been really busy.” She adds in which Hoya sigh and ruffles her hair.

“It’s okay, we can spend time together during camp.” Hoya said, smilling to his younger sister.

Yeah, let’s spend more time together in the camp site.” Sungjong agreess.  


Meanwhile back at school, everyone is gathered to go on the trip.

“Yay! We’re going on a trip!!” exclaims Ren in glee. She now has her hair dyed pink yet no one notices because she has been using a cap the entire time (or they notice because of her long hair but no one gives a sh*t)

“Yay! I’m so excited, goodbye school!!” exclaims Ryeowook until suddenly Mr. Im appears. 

“Aiish wae…” whines Sulli. 

“Saem!!” whines Naeun as she closes her compact mirror pouting. 

“Oh ho ho looky here, we got more punishment points to give keke.” Said Mr. Im with an evil smile until Myungsoo shows himself stopping the teacher from giving his friends any unfair punishment points.

He doesn’t even remember dying your hair is a violation of rules. Sungjong has been dying her hair from strawberry blonde, blonde, back to brown, black ya’ll name it yet her points didn’t seem to change. It also happens with the girls. Hayoung has dyed her hair brown, blonde, strawberry blonde, heck! Even pastel colors yet here she is. It happens to Namjoo too who dyes her hair with any shades of brown from the most lightest to the most dark yet she hasn’t been called out like this. So it was unfair for Mr. Im to call out Ren for dying her hair pink. 

“Eo? Where did Sungjong go?” asks Sulli suddenly looking around trying to for the leader.  

“She went earlier since she’s the leader with her brother.” Said Mr. Jung

“Aiish why did she leave earlier.” Pouts Myungsoo “Aiish I’m even jealous of her own brother.” He grumbles.

Sungyeol who hears his grumbling can only laugh as he gives a comforting pat to Myungsoo’s back before they go to the car together


They arrive at the campsite at noon. All of them have fun drinking and eating the snacks that Sungjong provided until Mr. Jung appears to be telling them that their phone will be with him for the whole camp.

“Saem! But how am I supposed to tell them where I was or what if I get lost?” asks Ren.  

“Aiish today is camp day not a usual day! You should socialize and forget all of your gadgets.” Scolds Mr. Jung. The students whine but comply anyways. They have been helped by Mr. Jung a lot so why not do what he says?   

“Aiish fine.” They grumble as they give him their phones

“Okay go and enjoy the nature guys~” said Mr. Jung as they ran to the campsite to enjoy and have fun while some stays by the snack bar.

They work together to prepare the drinks that day. Sungjong is putting all the sodas, water and sweet drinks to the cool-box. She puts the snacks tidily on the table and waits for anyone to come get them. After more waiting, she hears Ryeowook calling her.

“Yah Sungjonggie, give me more coke!” exclaims Ryeowook jokingly. Sungjong groans as she gets the cola can from the cool-box.

Yak! I’m not your maid. Take it yourself next time. Scolds Sungjong playfully.

“By the way, who would try to get rid of Myungsoo Oppa?” asks Naeun who actually joins Ryeowook to get snacks and drinks.

“Hmm I’m not sure.” Said Myungsoo

“I don’t know either.” Said Sungjong

“Molla.” Said Hoya shaking his head.

“Could it be that Ha Young did it?” asks Ryeowook

“Of course not, what kind of dumb person she is to do such thing?” Scoffs Namjoo who joins them suddenly.

“Well she is dumb enough to accuse me and spread rumors that I’m a and the one who kiss Myungsoo first.” Said Sungjong.

“Well you can’t tell what she wants.” Said Myungsoo giving a pat on Sungjong’s head making the other coo “even though you enjoy it.” He whispers to her earning him a wack on his arm.

‘Shut up! I do not!” She scowls while Myungsoo just laughs.

Oh ho! I think we need to give them some privacy.” Said Aron

“Yeah, kacha!” said Naeun as all of them run away leaving Myungsoo and Sungjong alone. Of course Myungsoo is unbothered but Sungjong is embaressed and scolds them for it. 

“Yah you guys!! Get back here!!” she shout and about to chase them but Myungsoo pulls her back.  

“Not so fast~” said Myungsoo pulling her down making her sit on his lap. Sungjong gasps and tries to break free.

“What the heck!” she exclaims “Yah!! Let go of me you Cheshire cat!!” she scolds trying to get off him.  

“Nope~” said Myungsoo, Sungjong whines as she tries to stand up but Myungsoo held her tight enough to make her sit still.

“Come on!! I need to tidy up this mess.” Whines Sungjong, Myungsoo chuckles as he let goes of her. Sungjong stands up and starts tidying the mess her friends made. Oh God, the untidyness of the table hurts her soul in so many ways. Her OCD side is shaking.

“Here let me help.” Myungsoo said as he collects the trash and puts it on the trash can  

Fine...” She mumbles as she opens the Cool-box to fill it in with more drinks while Myungsoo pulls out a box of snacks to add some more to the snack table.  

“By the way, you’re such a good leader, I’m proud of you~” said Myungsoo

“Really?” Sungjong asks.

“Yeah, so dilligent and thoughtful.” He coos in which Sungjong smirks proudly.  

Of course! It’s from my dad’s genetics, hehe I’m proud of him now.” Answers Sungjong

“Hmm how unusual, usually it was all your mom, suddenly you’re talking about your dad.” Said Myungsoo

“Appa died 5 years ago. Even though the divorce happened, I still missed him.” She mumbles as she pulls out a cola for her to drink

“Your dad is cool too, he was so caring that he would brought his lawyers just to get the make-up test.” Said Sungjong

“I don’t see him often.” Said Myungsoo “none of my parents are at home usually, even when I was a kid.” He continues.  

“Aww but that kid grew up and turn into the first rank Kim Myungsoo, and a handsome one yay~” jokes Sungjong even though what she said was the truth

“Your father must be a good father that you grew up so well, charasso~ Kim Myungsoo.” She said as she gives a slight pat on his head while Myungsoo just purr like a cat would, in this case a Cheshire cat would.

“You—you can stop that now…” mumbles Myungsoo with a blush on his face, Sungjong giggles as she stops

“Arassso, Cheshire cat.” Said Sungjong before laughing “Keke that nickname suits you though, you are acting like a cat.” She jokes.

Little did they know, Ryeowook appears to get more snacks and drinks. He was watching them flirting right in front of his potato chips and they didn’t even notice him. Until he clears his throat making them stop whatever they’re doing with Sungjong’s face turning bright red.

“Oh come on you two, stop flirting with each other, so I was right the whole time as i?” asks Ryeowook with a laugh

“Hyung, no offence but you need to know what timing is.” Myungsoo replies as he leaves with Ryeowook before giving a wink to Sungjong. The girl blushed even redder if possible as she remembers how he purred into her touch and how he was as sweet as her lemon candy, even though a bit sour because he’s annoying.

Meanwhile, Mr. Jung is scolding the male students to stop playing and get fire woods for the bon fire tonight.

“Aiish you three stop slacking!! Go find fire woods!” scolds Mr. Jung as he notices that Minho, Aron and Jr are sitting around and not moving.

“Neh saem!” they said in unison as they go to find firewood for the night.

After that he returns to Sungjong who was watching the snacks bar. He notices that the snacks won’t be enough for three days so he told her she needs to buy some more.

“Sungjong-ah, it seems that the snacks are not enough for all of us, care to buy some more?” asks Mr. Jung, Sungjong nods.  

“On it saem!” exclaims Sungjong as she stands up getting her wallet “Saem can I get my phone back?” she asks with pleading eyes.

I guess just so you can tell your location but after that you should return it.” Mr. Jung replies. Sungjong nods as she recieves her phone and goes to her tent to get her wallet.

Meanwhile, Ha Young is unpacking until she finds another yellow lemon shaped post it on her bag

“It’s time to confess, you have 7 hours to go...” the note said, Ha Young backs away instantly and falls down

“Gwenchana?” asks Sungjong who just get in and helps her from falling down.  

“Tsk. Since when do you care about me?” she scoffs letting herself go from Sungjong’s hold.  Sungjong only give a sigh as she gets her wallet and gets out of there.

As Sungjong exits the tent, Hayoung stares at the sticky note and stares at the tent zipper-door.

‘Could it be that she puts it in my bag?’ she thought as she follows Sungjong.  

“What’s wrong? Why are you following me?” asks Sungjong

“Uh. I heard from Mr. Jung you were going to the market right? I want to come too, I want to buy some medicine.” She said, Sungjong nods as she gets into the car with her.  

“To the market ahjussi~” said Sungjong

“I’m still 25 years old, just call me Oppa.” Said the driver with a smile “oh by the way, my name is Junho just so you know.” He adds

“Neh, Junho Oppa.” Said Sungjong, Ha Young only scoffs as they reached the market

“Come on, I thought you said you want to buy some medicine.” Said Sungjong as she gets down, Ha Young nods as she gets of the car and picks out a random medicine in this case is a stomach medicine

“Are you having stomach ache recently?” asks Sungjong, Ha Young nods as she puts it on the bag, Sungjong only stays quiet as she buys more snacks and drinks.  

After they buy, they both get out the store and walk to the car. But suddenly Sungjong felt like something is about to get out from down there so she told Hayoung to get into the car first.

Hayoung-ah, you go on first. I need to go to the toilet.” Sungjong said.

“Arasso, come on. Give me your stuff too. I’ll keep it for you. Just in case it fell down when you are in the toilet.” Said Hayoung.

Sungjong looks at her confusedly but complies. Ha Young smirks as she gets into the car.

“Junho oppa, we should return.” Said Ha Young

“What about your friend?” asks Junho

“Ah, she was meeting a teacher here, she will go with her.” Hayoung replies. Junho nods as they drive back to the camp site.  


That night Sungjong has not return. The first one to notice is Ren. She can feel her best friend in trouble and starts to ask around. The first person she goes to is Myungsoo since she knows Myungsoo and Sungjong are quiet close.

“Myungsoo sunbae! Have you seen Sungjong unnie?!” she asks

“Hmm Sungjong? No. Did you look in her tent? Hayoung is here so I suppose she’s back.” asks Myungsoo, Ren shook her head confusing Myungsoo.

“She’s not even answering her phone either.” She adds.

‘If Hayoung is here where could she be? Is she by the snack bar again?’ He thought.

But before he can go and search for this missing girl, Sulli comes in running and panic is visible on her face.

“Guys, I can’t find her anywhere! Sungong is missing!” She shouts.

“Missing?!” repeats Sungyeol

“What?! But she was with Ha Young a while ago.” Said Mr. Jung

With Hayoung?! The whole club gasp. If Sungjong is with Ha Young, it won’t end well...

“But she’s right here.” Naeun said.

“We have to find her.” Said Myungsoo, the other nods as they search for her.

 “Aren’t you coming?” asks Hoya, Ha Young sigh

“I’m not feeling well, and tell her I’m sorry, Hoya.” She said as she returns to her tent, Hoya nods as he tries to find his sister around the camp. 

“Sungjong-ah!!” he shouts out but there is no sign of his sister

Oh no... Where is she?’ he thought. 

Meanwhile Ha Young finds another post it on her bag

‘Running won’t solve anything, time to confess: 1 more hour, what are you gonna do now?”

“Sungjong didn’t do it?!” she gasps

Myungsoo rushes with Sungyeol and Mr. Jung to the driver’s place but finding no one there, Sungyeol instantly kicks the door open and Myungsoo enters finding a telephone and calls Junho. As Myungsoo listens to Junho's explanation his eyes widen. 

“We have to get back there.” He said as he puts the phone down

“We have to go quick! Anything can happen to her!” exclaims Mr. Jung as he gets into the car and with Myungsoo he goes to find Sungjong.  

At the same time, Sungyeol is riding a bike back ignoring his teacher and best friend who are calling out on him. He is riding his way back to the market finding Sungjong who was crying and walking.

“Sungjong?” he gasps.


A/n: Oh nooo! Cliffhanger! What will happen between them. Is Sungjong okay? Find out on the next chapter o~o 

I hope you guys like this chapter and see you soon on the next chapter.

Also don't forget to subscribe and leave some comments. 

Thanks for stopping by^^