Chapter TWO; Betrayal

Far by Sight, But Close at Heart

Present day

I held the necklace that mother gave me. It was made of real silver with a full heart pendant hanging from it. It had a tiny quote engraved on it but i never had the chance to ask uma what it said and meant. I tried using a magnifying glass to read it but it was just to small, or maybe it was in another language? Umma just told me to always stay strong because I'll never be alone and 'FIGHTING!'

I always smile everytume i remember mother's presence, especially when she smiled. Her smiles were always so pure and beautiful. I continued to sit in the corner of my room and tightened my grip on the necklace. I was in my own world till i hear the door flung open.

"Noona!!" Taemin ran inside my room, breathless, "Why are you just sitting in the corner alone?" He started walking towards me, when he reached me, he knelt down so that he was eye level with me, "Omo... Noona, have you been crying?"

"No" I scoffed and smiled, "I... I just had something in my eye." I tried to find an excuse so that Taemin wouldn't worry about me, being the caring person that he is.

"Oh.. Okay," Taemin replied, "Well appa;'s downstairs and he says he has a surprise for us!" he pulled me while jumping up and down joyfully.

I got up and headed downstairs with Taemin. We were really happy that appa was back since he was on a business trip for a month to Japan. As I headed towards the living room with Taemin infront of me, I saw Appa sitting on the single couch with a huge smile on his face. He then got up and we walked towards each other and hugged.

"I missed you so much," Appa said hugging me even tighter, "But I've got something to tell you." He pulled away from the hug and gestured me to sit down, His smile slowly disappeared. I started getting worried and help onto Taemin's hands as he sat down next to me.

"What's wrong?" I asked nervously as Appa sat down on the single couch again.

It was silent. We waited for his response. But nothing came out, he stayed silent.

After two minutes of complete silnce and worry, he looked past me and nodded like as if there was someone behind me. I turned around to see a middle-aged lady walking out of the kitchen and nervously towards us. She had her head held down and when she reached us, she bowed, "Anyeong." She greeted us and sat down on the arm of the chair appa was sitting on, wrapping her arms around appa's neck.

"Appa..." I whispered loud enough for everyone to hear. I instantly knew what was going on, I was speechless. But before i could say anything else, appa beat me to it and help my hand.

"Look, I know i made a promise with you and Umma but i also promised that i would take care of you  and always do what's best for you two," he paused. I started shaking my head slowly as a tear slid on to my cheeks, "and to know that i won't always be here for you guys to take good care of you because I'm always busy with my business, this is what I thought would be best for all of us, especially that both of you are still in school." He let go of my hand and held the lady's hands. "She will be your new mother. You have to start calling her 'Umma' now."

The lady gave her hand to me so that i could shake it but i refused. I looked to my right were Taemin was sitting. He was shaking his head as tears ran down his face, making it very puffy. I hugged him and looked back to father.

"You promised..." i said fiercely hoping that my voice didn't sound weak. Hoping that there as no hint of weakness.

 

-----------

Yaaayy. my second chapter in one day!! Teehee xD

Sorry if it's not as good as you expect it to be or if its not at good standards. I'm still learning.

I would appreciate comments. whether it's about how you feel about the story or any tips.

No silent readers please. Thank you ^^