Promises

Far by Sight, But Close at Heart

Umma always told me that if you know you can't keep a secret or a promise, then don't make any; just say that you'll try your best. Because trust is a very vulnerable thing. Once it's broken, its hard to put it back together. Like a mirror for instance; when its broken and you try to put it back together, you can still see the cracks from when it broke.

Right now, I'm not sure if i can trust anyone but Taemin. Appa promised that he won't remarry to anyone. He's supposed to only love mother no matter what!

I lied down on my bed, hugging onto a picture frame of Umma & I posing on our first trip to a flower garden. The field was colourful and there were many different types, sizes and colours of flowers. Though Umma's smile is still more beautiful than the whole flower garden put together!! =)

I stared at the ceiling, wondering. So many thoughts were all popping up in mind. I couldn't get rid of them. I was panicking in my thoughts till I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

"Noona..?" Taemin slightly opened the door, creating a small space enough to pop his head through.

"Neh? Come in Taeminnie." I responded and sat up. He walked in and I patted the space next to me on the bed, gesturing for him to sit down. I saw a small smile forming on his face.

As he sat down next to me, I studied his face and realised that it was red and puffy, his eyes looked like it's been stung by a swarm of bees, and his nose was as red as rudolf's red nose.

"Ommo.. Taeminn.." I sighed and cupped his face, "Ottokae? Have you been crying? Didn't I tell you not to cry? It hurts me to see you sad.." I wiped the remaining tears off his face with my thumbs and pulled him onto my chest and hugged him tightly, placing my chin on top of his head, "Whatever that is to come, I promise I'll try to protect you and make you happy." 'I promise and will fulfill my promise to the best of my ability till the day i die. A  promise I will never dare to break.. Because a promise is a very vulnerable thing' I thought to myself.

"Noona??" Taemin suddenly  spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Neh?"

"Kumawo"

"hmm??"

"Kumawo.. For always being here for me"

I pulled away from the hug and cupped his face with both hands. Looking into his beautiful brown eyes, I smiled, "Now tell me what's the matter my favourite brother in the whole wide world!! hmm?"

Taemin looked to the left and stared out the window and let out a big sigh, "What will Umma think about this? Where is she now? Is she okay with all this? What happens if she gets mad at appa?"

He suddenly bombarded me with questions concerning Umma and the situation about Appa and his new 'wife'. Before he could as more questions i hushed him gently.

"Ssshhh.." I pulled him towards me and embraced him again. "You don't need to worry about that okay?"

"But.."

"Hup! No buts or Ifs.. you have to concentrate on school so you could have a successful career to make Umma happy!" I smiled at him, trying to hide the pain of Umma not being here and appa marrying another woman. "Okay? Promise me you'll concentrate on school and aim to have a successful career.. neh?" He smiled and nodded.  "What is your goal anyway?" I asked curios. I realised that I've never heard him talk about what he wanted to be when he grows up like the other kids.

"I want to be a dancer" Taemin smiled shyly, his cheeks flushing bright red like tomatoes.

"Aigoo~~ You're so cuute!! Why? How come you never talked about it?" I pinched his cheeks and shook it from side to side.

"Noona.. I'm serious! This is why I don't talk about it to anyone, they'll think it's funny!" Taemin pouted with his arms crossed.

"Hahahaha" I laughed, "I'm kidding Taeminnie," I joked as I ruffled his hear making it really messy, "It's just very unexpecting, I thought you'd want to be an actor from all the power ranger action moves tha you always do?"

"Anni.. Power Rangers are my idols, I look up to them but I still want to be a dancer!" he said happily.

For the rest of the night we ended up talking and laughing with each other. Taeminnie showed off some dance moves and I was pretty surprised at how good he was!

By 11.00pm he started getting sleepy and was already comfortable on my bed so i let him rest there.

"Goodnight my Taeminnie" I whispered into his ears, whilst his hair.

"Goodnight Noona.. Kumawo" he smiled and drifted off to sleep.

"I promise to always support you in whatever you do" was the last words that came out of my mouth before I kissed him on the forehead and fell asleep next to him.

 

-----------------------

Anyeong my fellow readers!!!

what?? my chaps are boring? I'm sorry :( I'm really trying my best to keep it interesting and start the actions!

Well this chapter is mainly telling about Soo yun/ your POV of promises and how close Taemin and yourself are as siblings <3

Thank you

dont forget to subscribe if you haven't already

comments are appreciated

and please do share! =)

Thank you sooo much!