Chapter 1

Far by Sight, But Close at Heart

Flashback 6 years ago

"Umma!" Taemin and I cried softly.

"I'm sorry I can't watch you both grow up. I'm sure you will grow up to be successful people and have a great family" she said trying to smile to hide the pain, "You guys are my angels and i never once regret having you in my life." she continued.

"Umma!" Taemin cried louder, "Don't go! You can't leave us. You can't leave me..." his voice trailing off the last few words.

I cried silently on the side watching Taemin plead mother not to go. Images of the past kept popping up in my head about the good times when mother was healthier and we would always go out on family trips along with appa. I cried even more, knowing that those times won't happen again, so i joined Taemin who was holding onto umma's hands real tight.

Father was standing in the corner of the room watching us all. I could tell his eyes were red, holding back tears. Watching us made him feel more pain.

After a couple of minutes, silently crying, Umma called my name, "Soo Yun,"

"Ne?" I replied softly

"I want you to have this,"  she said, handing me a necklace, "My mother gave it to me when i was around your age, she told me that before I go I should give this to my daughter and tell her to pass it on," she paused. The continued, "It is to remind you that you'll never be alone and that you have to always stay strong never give up hope!" I wrapped my hands around it and nodded as another tear dripped down my cheeks, to my jaw line. "I don't know if you like it ---" she continued but iI interrupted before she could ifnish off her sentence.

"I LOVE IT" I told her whilst wiping my tears and giving her a smile from the bottom of my heart.

"There you go. I never want to see that beautiful smile wiped from your face." She said trying to lift up the mood. I gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"Saranghae Umma" I managed to say.

"And as for you Taeminnie, I got you this," she handed him a keyring of his favourite hero, a red power ranger, with the letter 'T' hanging from the ranger's hand.

"Thank you umma, I love it!"  He kissed mum on the cheek and hugged her really tight.

 

Five minutes later, the Doctor came in the room. "I'm sorry but it's time guys... Your mum wll be taken off life support." He headed towards the machine, ready to unplug it and switch it off, but he paused. He looked at the three of us looking at him. i could see his eyes teary, sad that he had to seperate a mother from both her children.

 

--------------------------

Whoaa.. Finally finished my first chapter! ^^

I was actually going to post this up last night right after finishing ny foreword, but then in the middle of typing my last paragraph, I think i drifted off to sleep :/ hahahas

This was a flashback around 6 years ago. Right now, Soo Yun/ You are 17 and Taemin is 15.

Thank you to my first subscriber and commentor TiaraL!

Comment Replies:

TiaraL: Yaaayy!! hehe my first subscriber! Thank you so much Unni. It wouldn't have turned out this good without your help! ;)