PART 6

RUN!

“One of them is in a ward and another is still in the operation room, I guess. His surgery started 2 hours ago. I’m not sure if it had ended. But Yuju” Mrs. Choi looked into her eyes.

 

“Do all three of you have to finish the race? I mean, someone else can replace you right?” “But omma. You know about the bomb right? We can’t let the innocent people who have nothing to do with this race die. So we had to continue the race”

 

            Mrs. Choi sighed and entwined their hands.

 

“Alright then. But stay safe. Make sure all of you come back in one piece” “Sure, omma” “You’re so brave. Just like your appa”

 

“Talk about appa. You know the Crux zone where appa work right?” “The place that the three of you were found” “Yes. Why do you think all of us are there? I think the INHB group has something to do with the place. Because Vernon told us that he thought he had been there too”

 

“You should talk with her him and Kihyun about this later. Maybe we could come up with an answer. I’ll tell the prime minister when he visit. He’s looking forward to see the three of you” “Of course he is. All the three parties; the INHB, we, kidnapped kids and the government are the pieces in this checker game. The group will never win and get what they want. I’m going to make sure that”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            Yuju stepped into the elevator with her mother beside her the next morning. They got off at the fifth floor.

 

“Hello” Yuju bowed to Vernon’s parents as they arrived at Vernon’s ward. “Yuju!” Vernon who was eating his breakfast on the bed called. “Hello” Vernon’s parents replied.

 

“Hello. I’m Yuju’s mother” Mrs. Choi introduced herself and bowed. “It’s nice to meet you” Vernon’s mother replied and bowed.

 

“Good morning, Yuju’s omma” Verrnon bowed his head. “Good morning, Vernon” Yuju’s mother replied with a warm smile.

 

“Come. Please have a seat” Vernon’s father stood, giving the empty seat to Yuju’s mother. “Thank you” Yuju’s mother took a seat.

 

“We’re sorry for coming this early morning. But there’s something that need to be discuss” Yuju sat on the edge of Vernon’s bed. “Do you want to be alone?” Vernon’s mother asked. “No it’s okay. Everyone here need to spill out information as much as we can” 

 

“Sure” Vernon nodded. “Firstly. Why are we left at the Crux zone?”