PART 10

RUN!

“That’s scary” Vernon walked toward the direction. Yuju followed behind without a word. They stopped at a door with the music room sign on it.

 

“Maybe it’s coming from here” he slid the door open to reveal a grand piano in the middle of room playing by itself. “It was set to auto mode” Yuju watched at the keys jumped to the rhythm. “Look” he took her attention. Yuju followed his gaze to the white board with a big letter ‘P’ written on it.

 

“Looks like we found the first letter” he said. “Let’s go now” he exited the room. “Yah! Wait up!” she rushed to him.

 

“You don’t seems to scare” Yuju spoke. “Not scare yet. In fact, the thing that I’m afraid of isn’t here” “What is it?” “My dad” he smirked.

 

“Vernon” she pointed to the figure far in front of them. Yuju’s eyes glued to it and she was speechless with her whole body started to tremble. He followed her gaze and saw a lifeless person hung on the ceiling with blood dripping off the legs.

 

“Shoot!” he hissed. He quickly covered her eyes. “We have to be brave and ignore this kind of things to pass this round”

 

            Yuju tried to breathe normally and put away his hand before facing him, “I’m fine now” she whispered.

 

“Great! Cause I saw another clue” Vernon pointed to a door with the letter ‘H’ on it. They approached the Science Lab door. He looked through the window of the door.

 

            Suddenly a zombie appeared and screamed eerily.

 

“WARGH!” Vernon was thrown aback, shocked. The zombie banged on the window to open the door. The other zombies appeared behind the zombie. Yuju panted in panic and pulled Vernon to stand.

 

“The group is not kidding this time!” he shouted. The door shook and started to crack.

 

“Let’s go!” Yuju pulled Vernon to run with her. The door shattered and the zombies chased them. The two took corners until they arrived at the place they first started, where the main stairs were.

 

“Here!” Vernon ran upstairs with Yuju following close.

 

            Vernon dropped on his knees as they arrived at the second floor. Yuju peeked down at the first floor. The zombies could not climb the stairs. She leaned against the wall and sunk onto the floor. Both are panting heavily from running too hard.

 

“I don’t know that zombies do exist” he voiced. “I don’t think those zombies. Maybe they’re just normal people, infected with this mysterious disease. Haven’t you heard of the ‘Sleeping sickness’?” “No” “This disease result in people to behave like zombies. Their mental is disturbed”

 

“I’ll surf the net later” Vernon stood and peeked downstairs with his hand holding the stairs pole. “Yah. What’s this?” he took a white card hung at the pole.

 

“Another card?” she approached him and read the card aloud.