PART 3

RUN!

            The survivor were taken by helicopters to a hot dessert. The second level named The Traps was set in a pyramid. They had to grab the only three small golden eagle statues to advance to the last stage.

 

“Yuju!” Ye Eun pushed Yuju that she fell on Yuju to avoid the arrows that flew toward them. Both groaned in pain.

 

“Ye Eun, you okay?” Yuju knelt at the already laying Ye Eun. Ye Eun was holding to her leg pierced with the arrow. Blood gushed out from the deep wound.

 

“Oh my gosh! You alright?!” Yuju held to the wound to stop the bleeding. “I’m fine. Yuju, take that” Ye Eun pointed to the small statue on the floor near them. Yuju reached for it and held it to Ye Eun.

 

“No. You take it” Ye Eun pushed the statue to her. “I don’t want to continue this stupid race anymore. I want you to advance to the final. I believe you can endure this race and complete it” “No, Ye Eun. You’re the one who found it. It’s inappropriate for me to just take it” “I know you can complete this race, Yuju. I trust you. Now go. Some of the men in black suits will take me back to the building later” “But no one will know you’re here” “Tsk!” Ye Eun chuckled. The girl nodded to the ceiling of the hallway they were.

 

“A CCTV??!!” Yuju was bewildered. “They’re just having fun watching all of us in pain. Now go. I know you can finish this race. Good luck!”

 

            Yuju confussed whether to continue this race or not. She held out her breath.

 

“Thank you, Ye Eun” “You’re welcome” the latter replied. “I know I can rely on you. Well, I know you better than anyone else here right?” “Yes. Thank you. Be safe, okay?” Yuju stood. “You too” Ye Eun waved and Yuju left to complete the level. Yuju glanced to the poor Ye Eun, her best friend in primary school.

 

            The stories of the kidnapped students were covered by the news. Reporters interviewed the students that did not pass the race. The school area was guarded by police as people started to make their way toward the school. The kidnapping case received attention from the government.

 

“This case is serious. We should all be aware of this group doing. They called themselves INHB. They ran illegal experiment on people as well as making new drugs and involved in black market. The government had haunt them for years” the Prime Minister spoke in the news. “We’ll do everything to make sure the remaining students are safe”

 

            Yuju was taken to the old building again after she finished the level two. She was forced to sit at the hall again alone.

 

“That hurts” she winced as she massaged her sprained ankle. Cuts covered her body and melancholy hit her. Yuju almost cry at the thought of having to participate into the final level that was the hardest level of the odd race.

 

“Argh!” A male student with bruised eyes and bleeding lips sunk into the empty seat on her left. “Kihyun!” Yuju panicked at the sight of her injured junior face. “Noona. I’m fine” he tried to smile with his hand holding his fractured right leg. “I couldn’t use my leg. I fell into a hole just now”

 

“Oh my gosh! What to do?!” “Chill, noona” he chuckled, trying to calm the situation. “I’m alright…though it hurt”

 

“They’re so cruel to put us in this kind of race! I know they’re just having fun seeing us in agony!” she voiced her frustration. “We didn’t do anything wrong and they just suddenly cause trouble in our life! We’re just ordinary students right?!”

 

“Quiet down” another male student sat at her right. “If you don’t want to give your life for free to them, shut your mouth” He looked at Yuju and Kihyun. “So the three of us make it to the final. Congrats to you two”

 

“Who are you?” Yuju questioned. “I’m Vernon”

 

“Hey, I think I know you. Are you that Bear President?” Kihyun asked. “You call me that too? It seems that I’m quite famous at school” Vernon chuckled.

 

“Bear President? What a name” she chuckled. “You don’t know him, noona” Kihyun asked.

 

            Yuju shook her head. She truly have no idea who the guy was.