PART 2

RUN!

            A total of 40 students were loaded into the black trucks waited in front of the school. They were so scared that some of them cried out loud calling their mothers. The truck halted at a building in a wide open area after 4 hours of journey. The kidnapped children were brought into a hall in the building.

 

            A woman stood on the stage and took everyone attention. The middle-aged woman gave them a sweet broad smile and welcomed them to sit.

 

“All of you here are lucky to be chosen from thousands of students in this country to participate this first ever nerve wrecking race. The race shall put your physical and mental attitude to the test and push yourself to try your best”

 

“What are we look like lab rats?!” A male students suddenly stood and held a tight fist. “Calm down, young man” the woman replied. “You just kidnapped us to test your latest program! We’re your lab rats! I know it! I know who you are! All of us will kill among ourselves to survive right?!!”

 

            Gasps were heard from the students as they realize what situation they were in right now.

 

“I’ll make sure none of you will kill or get kill. Now sit, young man” “I’m not listening to murderer like you! And I’ll never agree to join this ridiculous race!” he turned to walk away but dash of gunshots could be heard and his lifeless body fell onto the floor. The children were paralyzed and girls screamed in fear at the sight of blood gushing out.

 

“Now” the woman began. “You might join him if you ever disobey me”

 

            Without any preparation, the students were sent to different places by the trucks to take the test of different levels. The first level was The Jungle. They had to find keys in the dark rainforest to advance to the next level. Less than half of them succeed and advanced to the second level. The rest that failed were sent back to the school but the whole people at school were not allowed to leave the school until the second level end. Parents of the kidnapped children rushed to the school as they received a call from the school that their children were kidnapped.

 

“Yuju!” Mrs. Choi called as she ran along the hallway packed with the children’s parents. She arrived at her daughter’s class. “I’m sorry, Mrs. Choi” the English teacher voiced. Mrs. Choi eyes went to the seats in the class. The students could not study as they were concerned of their friends. “But Yuju is not return yet” he continued.

 

“Oh no” Mrs. Choi dropped on her knees and cupped to avoid any scream escape from . Tears already flowed down her cheeks.

 

“Mrs. Choi” Naeun stepped toward her while crying. Naeun wrapped her arms around her. “I’m sorry that I can’t stop them from taking Yuju. It’s all my fault. I should have protect her as best friend. I’m sorry”

 

            Mrs. Choi sobbed and caressed her head.

 

“It’s not your fault, dear. Those people are to blame for. They kidnapped these kids to run a test on them. Let’s just wait for Yuju to come back” Mrs. Choi replied. “I believe in my daughter and I know she’ll survive. Yuju is brave and strong. Just like her late father”