PART 13

RUN!

“Yuju” he approached her. “Vernon!” Yuju stepped back. “Wake up!”

 

“Do you always look this gorgeous?” he smirked. “Cut it out!” she stepped backward and her back came in contact with the cold wall.

 

“!” she began to panic.

 

“Hey” he held out both of his arms to prevent her from running away. “Where are you going? Let’s just play with me for a while, okay?” he smirked. Vernon ran his finger to her hair down to her nose and stopped at her lips.

 

            He smirked and leaned in.

 

“No!” Yuju pushed him and ran out of the classroom. “I can get that scent of the flower out of his head if we’re far away from the flower right?”
 

            She entered a classroom and locked the door.

 

“Where are you going, babe? I just want a taste of you” Vernon walked through the hallway and toward the classroom. “Open up!” he banged the wooden door with his teeth grinded. He started to get annoyed with her running away.

 

“Oh no” Yuju stepped backward at the sight of the door started to crack. She looked around to look for safe. Yuju trembled in fear.  “I’m dead if he gets me”

 

“ it” the unconscious Vernon kicked the old wooden door and it shattered into pieces. “Got you” he smirked as the two met eyes.

 

“Vernon, wake up!” Yuju shouted. “It’s just an illusion! Wake up, you jerk!”

 

“I just want you” Vernon dragged his feet to her. Yuju began to run away from him but he caught her leg. Yuju head hit the wall hard and she felt dizzy. *Yuju, don’t faint now!*

 

            Her leg gave up and she fell onto the floor. Vernon approached her.

 

“Why are you running away from me? Don’t you want to have fun with me?”

 

            Yuju tried her hardess to stay awake as she faced him. There was dark circle under his eyes.

 

“Wake up, Vernon. Don’t let it control you” she whispered but Vernon already held onto her collar. Yuju held his arm to stop him. “Please, no” she plead.

 

            Her shirt was ripped and her skin was revealed. Yuju collected all his energy and kicked him that Vernon was thrown to the back. His head hit a chair and he stayed on the floor for a while. The dark circles started to disappear and he shoot open his eyes again.

 

“What just happen?” he scratched his hurt head and looked around. “Yuju” he called Yuju who was trying to hid herself in the shadow at the corner of the class. He heard sobs.

 

“Yuju, are you crying?” he approached her slowly. “Don’t come!” she snarld and continued to cry. He stopped and was left confused.

 

“What happen? How can we get here? Why are you crying?” he shoot questions. “Did something happen?”

 

            Yuju sobs harder and Vernon waited for her to answer. He began to approach her again.

 

“You tried to me” she stated. Vernon’s steps stopped. “I did what? That’s impossible” “You did!” she shouted. Vernon tried to look at her in the dark. He saw her hand was holding up her tore shirt.

 

            Yuju cried alone. A long-sleeve shirts was placed over her shoulder. Vernon tried to find his way out the classroom with his eyes closed after gave his outer shirt to her.

 

“I don’t understand what had happen but you should get change first. And tell me what happen later” Vernon exited the room and stayed outside.

 

            She took the shirt and stared at it. Her sobs stopped and she got changed. Yuju exited the classroom with Vernon’s shirt buttoned to herself. Vernon stood.

 

“You okay?” he tried to assure. “Yes. Thanks” Yuju nodded and avoided his eye contact. Vernon stepped to her and wiped her tears with his thumb. Her eyes widened, surprised with his sudden action.

 

“I don’t mind if you don’t tell me what happen. It must be hurt you” he stepped back. Vernon looked away. “Should we go now?” Yuju nodded in reply.

 

            They turned to walk but Vernon feet tripped over a string. A few shinning knives flew towards them.

 

“RUN!” he grabbed her arm and they ran into a classroom. The knives fell onto the floor, unable to pierce them.

 

            Yuju sunk onto the floor, panting hard. Vernon doubled over as he was too tired.

 

“Isn’t the race end already? Since we found the letters, right?” Vernon asked but Yuju wasn’t answering. Her hand covered her arm.