chapter 4 and 5

Rapmon Seems to Always be in the Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Jungkook has just gotten a call from the officers, Jackson called to the hotel, and is told that there has been another murder. He tells the men that he will be there in five and on his way he texts Jackson that he can have the night off and to keep Rapmon away from the hotel because that is what Jhope would want. He then calls the lead investigators for the murder Suga and V.

Suga answers the phone to hear the police sergeant's voice and knows that something must be wrong. He is told that there has been another murder and as he is given the address he recognizes that this is for the hotel that him and his roommates were supposed to be staying in.  He grabs his partner V and they drive to the hotel. When they arrive they see that the elevator is being guarded by a cop to stop anyone from going to the 3 floor. They are allowed to pass and take the elevator up. On the elevator he texts Jhope to tell him what has happened to see if he can take Rapmon out of the hotel because his week has already been crappy enough and he does not need this on top of it.

The elevator stops and they walk out into a group of about ten cops and look around to find Jungkook. Jungkook then explains to them that a man had been in the shower and heard a gunshot then called his friend who called me to send an officer out.  They then ask where the witness is now and are told that they are letting him calm down and that there is a cop with him in case he remembers anything else that has happened. After that they check out the crime scene and see that it is definitely the same murderer as before. V decides to get a ride home with Jungkook who lives in the same apartment complex as him. After asking Suga if he needed anyone to drive with him. Suga tells V that he is going to stay at work a while longer to see if he can figure anything out.  As he leaves he hears his phone buzz and see that it is Jhope and he wants Suga to call him and that he has a missed call and voice mail from Rapmon. He decides he will listen to the voice mail first. When he hears it he ends the call so quickly and before the phone could process what it was doing he was calling Rapmon.

Once the boys had got to the restaurant and were seated Jackson and Jhope excused themselves to the bathroom and Jackson told him about the murder. They got back to the table and walked on eggshells in order to not alarm their friend. Jhope looks and sees that Suga has texted him and tell Suga to call him ASAP.  When there food got there it became less awkward because they no longer had to make small talk. Everyone jumped when they heard a phone ringing and after they figured out it belonged to Rapmon he answered it. On the other line he hears Suga saying are you alright I heard you crying on the voice mail and my first thought was that you were the witness to the murder.

During this, the other boys were looking between each other and Rapmon in confusion, trying to figure out who had called. Until Rapmon started yelling, asking about why they would keep something like that a secret from him and that he might be able to help in the investigation. He remembers that all this happened right next to his room and that if he had screamed, the killer could have decided to kill him as well because they wouldn’t want loose ends.

Rapmon calmly hands Jhope the phone and excuses himself to the bathroom, telling his friends not to follow him and he wanted to be alone. Before he even makes it into the bathroom, he is hyperventilating and tries to splash water on his face when everything went black. After Jhope got off the phone, he decided to check on Rapmon. He walked up to the bathroom to find the door was locked and started banging on it to get him to open the door. After a minute of knocking, he went to find management to get the keys. He runs up to everyone to ask if they had the keys! Nobody seemed to know where they were placed until the manager comes out after hearing the commotion and points them out to Jhope. Jhope grabs the keys and runs back to the bathroom, joined by Jackson. They get to the door and Jhope’s hands are shaking so much that Jackson has to rip the keys out of his hands and open the door. As he opens the door, he looks down and sees that Rapmon is on the ground surrounded by a pool of blood. He yells for Jhope to get help, but the man cannot move because he was struck by fear. Jackson bends down to check for a pulse, and when he doesn’t feel one, he starts to give CPR. By now, the manager has walked over and between breaths he asks her to call 9-1-1 and to make his friend leave because he should not be seeing this.