弟.

The Sins of Kim Hanbin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

His words constricted my throat, bringing unshed tears to my eyes. ‘’Hanbin…’’ That was the only thing I managed to stutter before the sobs wracked my body and robbed the ability to speak.

 

He turned his head just to meet my gaze for the last time. His night sky eyes felt like the silence before the storm and despite the critical moment, I couldn’t help but get lost in their tempting darkness. His plump lips curved upwards into a smile that stung my eyes with another rain of tears…He was right there, in front of me, with a gun pointed towards his chest. I felt like it was the last time when I will be able to see him as Jiyong was never that kind of person who would have mercy. Mercy meant weakness and he would never compromise himself in front of so many people.

 

The crowd was so quiet that I could hear my own heart beating. Only a few girls were nervously rubbing their hands in the first line, clearly uncomfortable with this kind of scene.

 

At the first sight, everyone seemed to admire Kim Hanbin but, ‘admire’ wasn’t the right word to describe how they actually felt towards him… It was more like a mix of hatred with jealousy. Hanbin was just as attractive as the men we see in the magazines. He was a master in fist fighting and a God among players. He was fearless and dominating. He was the heir of the underground world and probably the most interesting guy you could ever meet.

 

Everyone envied and craved for his life but, no one knew how hard is actually to live one day in Kim Hanbin’s shoes. They didn’t know how tiring is to fight your own demons every single day. They didn’t know how it feels to be threatened by your own brother and forced to choose between two people you care about.

 

They will never see those things because humans are ignorant creatures. If you give them a rose, they will always focus on how beautiful it is instead of how many thorns it has.They will never understand that a blessing always comes along with a curse.

 

Jiyong stared at him with eyes full of anger. His little brother was crossing the line, testing his limits and at the same time, pushing him to do something that he will probably regret one day.

 

He raked his slender finger through his hair when a breeze blew away a few strands of it. His eyes narrowed and the anger intensified.

 

‘’You are right. It would be more fun.’’ Even if the anger was boiling into his eyes, his voice remained calm and collected which only managed to make him look even scarier.

 

Jiyong couldn’t be what the other people wanted him to be. People were dying around him and yet, he didn’t seem to care. There was nothing good left in him. No love. No kindness. No morals. He became a monster. A monster who has been now seeking for revenge and power, thinking that those things would fill his emptiness.

 

His grip tightened around the revolver but his fingers avoided to press the trigger. Hanbin’s eyes turned back to his brother who wasn’t even blinking anymore. His eyebrows furrowed up and his eyes sparked once their gaze met.

 

‘’Hesitation…’’

 

The siren shattered my thoughts and broke through the noise of the crowd. Someone stepped on Jiyong’s sacred rule ‘No emergency services are allowed in this area.’ and brought terror among the demons. Everyone began to run towards the darkest streets of the area because in fact, who would even want to spend their night at the police station?

 

Junhoe suddenly placed both of his hands on my shoulders and forced my eyes into his.

 

‘’Was it you?’’ He managed to ask before another yelp of pain found its way out of his mouth as his condition was getting even worse with each minute spent there.

 

I stood there and stared at him with my bloodshot, crying eyes before I firmly shook my head in denial ‘’No.’’

 

‘’If it wasn’t you… Then, who could it be?’’ He began to question himself.

 

There was no one in the crowd who would ever dare to break any of Jiyong’s rules and that’s because betraying him would be like beating a nail in your own coffin. He had eyes everywhere. You could walk on the street, you could talk to a stranger, meet a new friend or hook up with a girl from the club and never know that those people actually working for him. He was everywhere. The supreme demon. The one who couldn’t be defended.

 

I was about to fall into another trap of thoughts before a pair of strong hands brought me back.

 

‘’We have to go. Now! ’’ Hanbin said in a firm tone before he grabbed my hand and pulled me after him.

 

I turned around just to look at Junhoe who was finally sitting beside his friend. He huddled his knees together and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter