New School

You Are My Wings

 

"Master! Please get ready!"

 

"Oh! I'm coming!" Soul happily replies to Myth. Today is his first day to school. It was really hard, but he somehow managed to get his brother approval. Of course, the king was mad about him wanting to go to the mixed school between devils and angels. He was told that even though it mixed, the school is still 95% devils and it's really rare for an angel to survive. Somehow, the fact that it's full of devils even makes him more determined to enroll in that school. He wants to know more, he doesn't know why but part of his heart was eager to meet some devils. He wants to break through the boundary between the two species. He couldn't understand this feeling he was having in his heart at the time, which was why he must find it out.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

"Are you mad?" Young Saeng asked while averting his eyes elsewhere to avoid Minnie's glare. His contorted face has been violently attacking Saengie's back for a while, and he knows damn well what Jung Min was angry about. Yet, he had decided to play innocent, and turned over, "If you're mad then just say it. Why silent?"

 

"Yes! Yes! I'm so mad that I want to hit you right an instant! What's wrong with you? Why would you choose this school to begin with? Any school is fine. Why this one?" Min tried to catch his breath after yelling out loud at the now frightening prince. He didn't want Soul to go to this school. He was preparing enrolling paper for the prince to a better school; a school with the balance between devils and angels are equal. He wanted to surprise his master with this present to brighten the prince up as he noticed he was bored. "He's there... He's there... I don't want to meet him.... Do you know that?"

 

"But who is 'him' huh, Myth?"

 

Jung Min put two of his hands on his mouth as he realized he had given out his deepest thought of his mind. Steadied himself, he patted on Saengie's head and gestured him it was okay. The two remained in silent all the way to school.

 

The school slowly appeared. Young Saeng stuck his head outside the car to take a good look of the school. It was a huge and magnificent castle. It was so high that even with all the thick fog, Young Saeng still could see its rooftop.  Suddenly, a speedy figure whiz past Young Saeng, gave him a surprised as well as curiosity. He wondered if what that was. He commands the car driver to drive faster to catch up with that flying being; but they failed.

 

The young prince arrived at the school soon after that. Stepped down from the car, he took a deep breath, preparing himself for whatever might come next. Raised his head highly, the prince elegantly walked through the crowd. He spotted some of them were hovering on the sky, chasing after one another; shouting out their friends’ names happily. Some of the girls were sitting on the bench chatting, some other boys were noisily discussing about something. They seem to be individual but one thing they didn't look different; the colors of their wings are solid black. Everyone was doing their own things until he appeared, their eyes turned over to look at him; a wave of indignation came along soon after that.

 

"Well look at what we've got here. A human?" One on them mockingly spoke up.

 

"Anya. He came with the palace's soldier. Must be someone close to the angel's king."

 

"Yo! Stupid-! Look at how he dressed. He has a crown symbol on his robe. Must be a relative." A cocky devil jumped on his feet, spat back to the girl's comment.

 

The crowd got noisier and noisier as more and more people came into the argument about Young Saeng's arrival. Jung Min stepped forward, signal them to stay quiet; surprisingly, they obeyed. "As you all know, I'm Jovial Myth and this person right here is Garden of Angel's prince, Yearning Soul. From today on, he'll be a part of this school. As for more information about him. Please ask him yourself." Jung Min turned away after he finished what he had to do. "I'll pick you up afterschool. Blue and Red are here too. They'll help you." He told Young Saeng then coldly returned to his car and went off.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Soul-kun. You don't have wings?" A girl asked Young Saeng. She sounds friendly but Young Saeng doesn't feel right at all. He was not that stupid to not know that she was mocking him.

 

"A prince without any wings? A half-bred prince?" Another girl added in.

 

"A son of a mistress I guess. I never heard about that kingdom having any other prince beside the current king."

 

"Ya! Midnight! You're so mean. What if the prince cries?" the 3rd one enters the scene.

 

"Ivy! July and I were having fun...", "SHUT UP!!!!"

 

Young Saeng flinched when a loud voice came from behind him. He turned around to see where did that voice came from. A guy were sitting, leaning backward while both of his legs placed on the table comfortably; an opened book were placing on his face. The guy sat straight up and threw the book into the class corner. His eyes lazily opened, revealed a face like its owner was in some kind of doldrums.

 

"Jinx. We didn't mean to..."

 

"Just get out of my sight!" Jinx yelled at the girls, scared them away. Then he averted his eyes over Young Saeng. He was so scary that Young Saeng screamed in his thought.

 

"Erm..."

 

"Don't you dare to think I did that for you?" He finished Young Saeng off in one blow, then stood up and walked away; left Young Saeng stunned like a stone.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Jinx?" Blue asked while stuffing himself with waffles. "Don't tell me you messed with him on your first day already."

 

"Anya. Some of the girls were mocking me and he got mad for some reason."

 

"Of course he would." Red added in, "That guy is like a delinquent of this school, he hates noise. A bad-temper slipper"

 

"You mean sleeper?" Young Saeng innocently corrected Red, didn't have a clue about how much Red hates being corrected. Lost his temper, Red subdued Young Saeng down and almost choked him. Fortunately, Blue charged in and dragged him away from Red.  Caught his breath, the young prince swore to himself to not do that again. He stood up and noticed Blue was holding Red in his arms to calm his brother down. The guy was smaller, and almost looks like an elementary kid; but somehow in that moment, Young Saeng could feel he was the older one. Young Saeng looked at them, wished his hyung and he could be this much close; the king is always so busy and cold toward him. He just simply approved to everything Saengie requested, sometimes he does angry at Saengie to show that he cares for his dongsaeng; but for some reason, he also kept his distance with Young Saeng.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After lunch, Young Saeng returned to his class. He kept in mind what Red told him, "Don't take those insult in your hearts. Just ignore them and one day they'll get bored of doing that. You'll be fine." He left all the flout aside, and drifting off to his own world. As Red said, the people slowly scattered after a long time trying to get Saengie's attention. No need for them to say it out loud, the fact that he doesn't have any wings was always bothered him since the day he returned to the kingdom. If he hadn't known about this side of him, he wouldn't dream of one day he could fly like others. If he hadn't known that he could never have any wings, he wouldn't suffer with that dream like this.

 

On the way home, Jung Min still kept his silent towards Young Saeng and the prince couldn't do anything about it. Before he say goodbye to Jung Min, he asked sullenly, "Myth, how does it feel to have wings?" but Jung Min said nothing. The prince frowned then dejectedly closed the door.

------------------------------------------------------------


Young Saeng shyly showed himself up in front of Hyun Joong. He could feel the sadness on his dongsaeng's face, but he didn't know what makes him be. He gestured Young Saeng to get closer so he could take a good look at his only and one brother. He was so busy on the day Young Saeng returned and also the day he came to ask him for permission to go to school; that was why he couldn't take time to look at the prince's beautiful face. "What's with the look on your face?" He cursed himself for saying the line so coldly, but he couldn't help it since he was bad at expressing himself.

"Nothing, hyung!"

"How was your first day?"

"It was okay." Still stooped his head, Young Saeng replied

"Soul..." Hyun Joong dejectedly call out his dongsaeng's name. "Don't you want to have wings?"

Young Saeng raised his head, his face brighten up as Hyun Joong mentioned about having wings.

"Hyung! So you did notice that I want to fly?"

Hyun shook his head then spoke up, "I didn't notice, but I knew this day will come when you eagerly wanting to have wings, Soul."

"How?"

"Because I'm a half-bred child myself"