Gods Of This Era

You Are My Wings

"Omma--- Is it really you?" Young Saeng looked up at the woman who was before his eyes. As she nodded her head in reply to him, the boy buried his head in her stomach again. His heart beating fast excitedly rhymed with the song Diana was singing. He really did miss her, the woman who spent her whole life to take care of him; the woman who never once complained about how hard is was to raise him up alone. The moment she appeared in front of him, Young Saeng felt all his agonies being blew away; left his mind nothing but happiness in it. He gript on the cloth of her white dress, then pulled it up near his nose; the prince sniffed the cloth gently, took in the fragrance that he had been craving for long.

 

"You are still you after all---" Diana gave her only son a sweet look while she ran her hand through his soft hair; just like she always did in the past.

 

"Hmm? What do you mean---?"

 

"Haha--- I thought you might become all stronger and less childish after I died--- But I guess thing not really goes as I expected---"

 

Young Saeng jerked his head up from her laps and sat up properly, the young man stared into his most precious woman's eyes; skimmed what was in her mind. But as usual, his ability didn't work on her at all. Even so, he had no doubt for her, this is his mom after all; just by a first look, he knew right away. Unfortunately, reality always comes back at the right moment. He smiled and dropped his head down; after that a chuckle slipped out his lips. He knew what situation he was just in, and there was no way this could be truth. The man stood up, and supported his mom along. They walked together for a short while until Diana took the lead. Young Saeng didn't know what his mom was doing but he just obediently tagged along. They went pass the wide grassy field, and reach the edge of the lake. Took one mouthful of water, Young Saeng rapidly on his feet as he didn't want to let his mother wait for too long; the two people got on their way again.

 

"Mom--- Where are we going?" asked Young Saeng, but Diana replied nothing. She just stubbornly pulled his hand, gestured him to stayed quiet and follow her. Soon, they reached a destination that Young Saeng had no idea about and just widen his eyes out; bemused. It was just a plain empty yard; no, at least there was a big stone placed in the middle of it. Young Saeng averted his eyes over his mom, who then replied him with a shook of her head. She didn't say it out loud but the prince got it pretty well, she was definitely told him to step closer to the stone; and Young Saeng just did it willingly like a good son.

 

At the first glance, the prince only found a stone as a most clean one compare to those others he saw on the way; but he tossed the thought away immediately. The young man finally touched the stone, then dusted off those sand stuck on a weird trace of some abnormal language. After a while, the whole picture was revealed to them. "Omma---" Young Saeng without turning back, called his mom for help while staring blankly at the figure. Oddly enough, there was no answer from her. "Omma?" He finally turned around and found there was no one there. Panicked, Young Saeng ran to where she was, but then something hit his head; made the guy fell back on his back. Young Saeng noticed there was a pretty well-drew curved line in front of his eyes, then fast turned his head, followed its trace and found it was a part of a big circle. Didn't understand why, the prince stood up again; this time, he did it more carefully. He raised his hand of and slowly reached it out. Before he reached the horizontal part of the circle, nothing happened. But as soon as he touched it, a small electricity wave shocked him. Pulled his hand back in a hurry, the prince then mumbled to himself; quietly cursed the stupid thing. "How would I get out now--- Aish---" thought the young man. Annoyed, he turned around and saw the stone stood bulkily in his way. An idea snapped him, the prince then took a short walk around the big stone; examined the thing. Sadly, he got nothing in return. Guessed that the way out was held within those words, carved on the stone; Young Saeng bent down and stared at it, hoping that miracle might happen.

 

"Jincha--- I actually stared at it for three whole solid minutes---" the young man exploded.

 

"Be persevering, my son--- Look at it one more time--- And tell me what you see---"

 

As he finally could hear his mom's voice again, the prince excitedly got back on the task. Wind started to blew when Young Saeng placed his hands firmly on the stone. Took in a deep breath before opened his eyes again; the prince felt a strong feeling struck him from the inside. Amazingly, the words started to move on their own, made the whole thing turned out to be something readable. "Mwoya? It's just my name--- Omma---" he asked out loud, stared at the clear sky as if he thought that his mom was looking at him from upon; but no answer again. Sighed disappointedly, the prince mumbled to himself about what he saw on the stone. Suddenly, the ground vibrated. It started with just some small movements but things got hectic when Young Saeng found it hard to even stand on his feet. And the worst moment came unexpectedly when the ground crumbled down; made Young Saeng sweat like he just got out from a shower. "Great--- Now I'm dying---" thought the prince, gave up completely and let his body fell freely, down the hole that was just made due to the earthquake.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Is he alive or not?"

 

"What are you talking about? This is not even reality---"

 

"Ah yeah---"

 

Voices of a man and a woman arguing woke Young Saeng up. He could surely recognize one of them was his mom but who was the other person. Even when he said that he didn't know the person, that voice still somehow sounds familiar to him. Opened his eyes almost immediately, the prince scared the crap out of those two people. Blinked several times, the first thing he caught by his bare eyes was a face of the man he once met, his memory was kind of blurry but he remembered that face well. Grinned in happiness, "Appa---" he happily voiced out that phrase for the first time in his life. And what he got in return was surprisingly abnormal. A father in his mind always had a strong image, who exuded out the hero-like atmosphere; but what the man did to him the next second shattered all those impression away in one flick of finger. Young Saeng was shocked at first but then just laugh innocently as Sol carried him up high over his head, and started running around the place like a drunkard. What made Young Saeng happier was how the man kept on calling out his name "Yearning Soul! Yearning Soul!" like he was a son that just got his racing trophy, and the prideful father came out from nowhere to cheer for his son up.

 

After they fooled around for a while and all tired out with the oddest family reunion, the three then sat down together. Just now, Young Saeng finally noticed that the place was kind of belongs to another dimension. Except for those white furniture placed inside the room, the floors and walls were totally epic. "What are all these designs?" asked Young Saeng, then crawled around the room, looked at all the symbols.

 

"Tell me what you see---" Sol calmly replied.

 

"I don't know--- This one might be FIRE--- That one is WATER--- Those over there are EARTH and TREE--- On the left side are--- Are--- I don't really know--- Appa~~~"

 

Shook his head, amused by how Young Saeng's cute whining; Sol sat down beside the prince and slowly explained them all to Young Saeng, "I see you got most of them--- This purple sign stands for LOVE and the dark blue sign next to LOVE is PROTECTION--- The yellow one is LIGHT--- Do these terms remind you of something, Soul?"

 

Raised his eyebrows in confusion, Young Saeng then looked down again and doubted that they could bring him anything. But soon, a memory snapped him. "Are they somehow related to Red, Blue, Orange, Green and Yellow?"

 

"Good point--- In fact, this where they were born---"

 

"Appa--- Just tell me already--- I don't have much time left---"

 

Smiled while looking at his son, Sol then gestured Young Saeng to sit down comfortably, "I'll tell you now--- Everything about you--- I promise---". Young Saeng heart beat wildly. This moment had always been the one he was waiting for too long, the truth of his birth that Hyun Joong had yet told him. He rapidly on his feet and pushed his parents; who was walking calmly together to the center of the room. Young Saeng was acting all like a kid when it comes to his most favorite bed time story. After all everything was settled, Sol cleared his throat and started talking.

 

"I guess you know already, about Red and Blue being your brother's guardians."

 

"Yes--- Jinx told me--- He has Yellow as his guardian and Joey has Orange and Green--- I was all sulky about it since I have none, I guess Myth has the same feeling as me---"

 

"Bwahahhaha--- Same my --- Myth has Violet and Indigo, but poor those two, they died at a pretty young age--- I'm not going too deep inside this matter--- Here is what no one knows about--- This place right here is where only guardians and their masters could enter since this place belongs to a completely separated dimension from Hell of Devil and Garden of Angel--- You must be wondering why you could enter this place--- OUCH!!!" Young Saeng flinched as a Sol yelled in pain. He was totally in a daze when his father was telling the story but then his mom interrupted it by smacked the old man on his head.

 

"Could you stop being all mystery and just tell the boy already---" scolded Diana, then looked back at her son, "Soul--- This is seriously not a joke and you have to pay attention to what I'm about to tell you--- You aren't an ordinary kid and you aren't either angel or devil--- You are their god, Soul--- I know it sounds crazy but you have to believe me---"

 

"Your mom is right--- Jade, Jinx, Myth and Joey--- They're the four gods of this era, who hold in their hands, powers to protect all beings in this world. No matter whether you're an angel or devil, as long as the guardians chose you, you automatically become a god. This is what your grandfather, one of the former gods told me when I was young, but all those info soon became unreliable to me when Victoria gave birth to your brother. Why? It was because since the first generation, gods were always chosen when they already passed their childhood's days, and were already adults. All of them were chosen randomly from everywhere and none was born with such power. Jade, he was born with two symbols of FIRE and WATER, which shone brightly on his forehead. Then three days later when I went to check on him, Red and Blue who were already in their teenager form, stood beside his cradle and told me that they are his guardians."

 

"This also applies for Myth's and Joey's cases." Diana continued, "One time after I left Hell of Devil, we went for a walk in the forest and met their family. Those two's parents were just ordinary angels but their sons who appeared to have 4 guardians by their side wasn't normal at all. We wanted to take them under our cares but the boys wouldn't leave their parents, so we decided to let them be. We were really careful and didn't let Victoria know about these thing since we were well aware of her aspire for power, but we failed half-way. Victoria then went ahead and killed Myth's guardians and their parents, tried to bring those boys back to her; luckily Sol was nearby and able to rescue the two. But what still bothers us is Jinx, the guy who appears to have only one guardian."

 

"But appa--- I have no guardians, how could I be a god as you said---" Young Saeng finally spoke up, he had no doubt about what his parents told him; except that one thing. But Sol said nothing, he just laugh and stood up. The man started to walk and stopped at a certain place. He turned around and reached his hand out; as a gesture for Dian to come with him. The two whispered in each other ears something that Young Saeng couldn't catch, but the prince just smiled happily; looked how happy his parents were. After all those years of separation, they finally got together, in this peaceful place. Snapped that aside, Young Saeng stood up immediately as he caught a sign from his father. The boy stepped closer to them, and the other two also came at him. They met at one place and Young Saeng felt his long hair being pulled up, revealed his y ears.

 

"We're your guardians, Master"