A Beautiful Thing

The Stars

Jiyong stood beside the bathroom door, smiling at his lover’s humming. After a moment the shower stopped and Seunghyun opened the door with a towel wrapped around his hips. 

“You hum in the shower?” The elder jumped a little. 

“Shut up. And don’t scare me you little sneak!”

Ji smiled. “Want to go get ice cream?”

The elder’s eyes lit up. “Of course, Ji Ji.”

The younger scoffed at him. “I’m dating a 5 year old.”

The taller man laughed. “You knew what you were getting into.”

Ji smiled. “Go get dressed. I’ll go get my keys.”

“Ah, so we’re driving today I take it?”

The shorter nodded as he left the other to get dressed. Ji was standing by the door waiting when Bae came to stand with him. 

“So, you guys leaving then?”

“Mhm. We’re going to get ice cream.”


“I really do think you guys will be okay.”

“Really?” The rapper looked hopeful. 

“Yeah. I think once YG sees how you two are together, I think he’ll be happy for you. I mean, you two are pretty damn cute together, despite how horribly puke worthy it is.”

“Oh, shut up.” Ji was smiling as he said it. 

“It’s true. That much fluffiness shouldn’t exist between two people, but it does.”

Bae jumped as the eldest rapper touched the top of his head. “We’re too fluffy? That’s an interesting way to put it. We ready, babe?”

Jiyong blushed as he brushed hair off of his forehead. “Yeah. Let’s go.”

The rappers left Bae standing there smirking as he watched his friends leave. 

            ^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

The two rappers were walking to Ji’s car, talking quietly to each other when Dara walked up to them. 

“Hey guys! How are you?”

Ji smiled. “We’re great! It feels like we haven’t seen each other much lately, huh?”

She nodded. “Everyone is really busy though, so it makes sense, but speaking of busy, I am supposed to go help Minzy with something. So I’ll talk to you later, ok?” The rappers nodded and smiled as Dara walked away, waving to them as she went. 

The two men continued, walking quietly to the garage and to Jiyong’s car. Seunghyun was always impressed by the car’s sleek design, especially when it sat in the corner corner of the garage, looking more cared for than the other vehicles. The younger unlocked the doors and they got in. Ji started the car as his passenger put his seatbelt on. Ji began to pull out of the spot when Seunghyun reached across him and pulled the driver seatbelt over his chest and clicked it securely into place. 

Ji smiled at him and grabbed his hand as he drove out of the garage. 

            ^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

They arrived at a small, out of the way ice cream parlor, Jiyong knowing that because of it’s location, they could go inside without too much fuss from potential fans. As the lovers exited the car, the older’s eyes widened. They were in an older area of Seoul. The building they were going into was a light cream yellow with tan trim. It looked like it was cozy. 

The younger opened the door, ringing a small bell, and he walked in after the taller man. There was only one other customer sitting at the counter eating a sundae. He was an older man who seemed to be minding his own business. 

As they walked towards a table, a younger waiter came out from the back with a smile on his face. He approached their table as they sat down. 

He bowed his head lightly. “Good afternoon, my name is Kyle, I’ll be your server. What can I get you?”

Ji smiled as he watched his lover scan the small menu. “I’ll have a bowl of strawberry ice cream with graham cracker crumbs and chocolate syrup.”

“Would you like whipped cream or fresh strawberries with that?”

“Oh, yes, the fresh strawberries please.”  

Kyle smiled and looked at Seunghyun. 

“And you?”

“Can I have the s’mores milkshake with an extra shot of espresso.”

“Alright, I’ll get those out to you in a few moments.” 

As he walked away, Seung raised an eyebrow at the shorter male. “He must be studying abroad.”

Jiyong nodded. “His Korean was good though.”

“Yeah. I wonder, if he is a student, what he’s studying.”

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

“But satisfaction brought it back.” Seunghyun tapped Ji’s nose with his finger. 

Ji chuckled and rubbed his nose with the back of his wrist. “You and always having to have a full saying.”

The elder smiled. “Yes, because you should always be curious. Didn’t you ever watch Alice in Wonderland? Curiosity is a good thing.”

“Aish, you are so weird.”

The other simply responded by sticking out his tongue. They talked quietly as they waited for their order, Ji once again stating his lover didn’t need more coffee.

Once the waiter brought out their ice cream, Seunghyun asked him if he was a student. They talked with him for a moment, and found out that he was studying music and dance. They wished him luck with his studies as he walked away, off to help the customer at the counter. 

They ate their ice cream slowly, savoring it. 

The older rapper pushed his cup across the table, offering to let Ji try it. The younger raised his eyebrows slightly at the fact Seunghyun was willing to share ice cream. He put the straw to his lips and took a slow draw, his eyes going wide. 

“Goddamn that’s good!” 

The elder nodded and pulled the cup back towards him. “I’m gonna have to remember where this place is so we can come here again. This is my new addiction.”

Ji laughed, eyes shining brightly. “New addiction, huh?”

“I don’t like it nearly as much as I like you, but it’s still pretty good.”

The younger blushed and looked down at his ice cream. Seunghyun chuckled, pleased he could so easily fluster G Dragon. 

“You’re cute, Ji Ji.” 

“You’re cute..” Ji kicked the elder gently under the table. 

Seunghyun smiled. “Ji?”

The shorter male looked up at him through his eyelashes. “Hm?”

“I love you.” 

Jiyong felt a sting in his eyes and his chest blossomed with warmth. “I love you too.”

Ji smiled at the other, feeling true happiness for the first time in his life. There were other things that had brought him joy, of course, but hearing someone like Seunghyun say those words made his heart feel truly healed of all the pain he’d ever felt. Seung reached across the table and wiped away a tear that Ji hadn’t even realized had fallen. 

The older also felt true happiness, partly because he saw nothing but pure light from his lover’s smile, but also because he wasn’t afraid. 

They both laughed at the cheesy moment. “God, if Bae thought we were bad before saying it, imagine how we’ll be now.”

The elder’s smile widened. “We’ll kill him with it.”

“But he’ll be happy. Now if only I could get him to admit his crush on Dae, we’d be golden.”

Seunghyun’s eyes widened. “He has a crush on Dae?”

Ji nodded. “He has for a while now. Maybe if YG is okay with us, he’d be more willing to talk about it.”

“He’s really good at hiding it, goddamn. Did he actually tell you or..?”

“He indirectly told me. I asked him if he had feelings for Daesung, and he blushed and looked away. I think he’s afraid that Dae will be disgusted though. I mean, it’s probably pretty confusing to believe the way he does but to also harbor feelings for another man.”

The elder nodded. “Yeah. I don’t think Dae would be disgusted. He might not know how to handle it, but I think he might feel the same.”

Ji raised a perfect eyebrow. “Oh?”

“Remember how they said we were obvious, looking when the other wasn’t and stuff?” The younger nodded. “I’ve seen Daesung kind of do it too. He always has a sad look in his eyes though. It’s like he’s afraid that them both being religious means that they can’t have feelings for each other.”

Ji nodded. “Yeah, but I know that Bae thinks that if you love someone, their gender shouldn’t matter. He thinks that love is more important and that you should just go for it. He’s still probably confused though.”

“Babe, I feel like we’ve got some massive plotting ahead of us.”

Ji smiled. “I think we do.”

They finished their ice cream and paid. Once they walked out of the ice cream parlor, they went quickly to the car and got in. As Ji drove away, they kept talking about what to do about Daesung and Bae.