Afternoon Plans

The Stars

The two rappers sat quietly eating their lunch, enjoying the silence for a moment. They chewed their meal, savoring the flavors. 

After a moment, Seung looked at the younger. “How is it?”

“It’s really good! Here!” Ji held his fork up to Seung’s lips excitedly. Without thinking, the older man took the bite and chewed it slowly. 

“Damn. That is really good. I’d offer you a bite of mine, but you don’t like salmon.” Ji giggled. 

“It’s the thought that counts, hyung!” Ji beamed at him. 

Seung blushed lightly. He’d never seen Ji smile quite like that before, and he felt his heart beat race. He knew Ji was now asking a question, but he couldn’t hear him. All he could hear was his heart and the blood rushing through his veins. Everything sounded like he was hearing it through water.

Ji touched his hand, and he heard him loudly, his touch having ripped Seung from his head. 

“What?” The elder jumped. Ji withdrew his hand, looking surprised. 

“A-are you alright? What just happened?” The younger rapper held his hand against his chest, concern painting his features. 

“I just spaced out for a minute. I’m okay, I promise. Too much coffee.” Seung smiled reassuringly at the younger. Ji’s eyes told the elder that he didn’t believe him, but that he wasn’t going to push it in public. 

Seung sighed. “I really am okay, I just got lost in my thoughts. Please, Jiyong, don’t worry.” He offered a smile again. 

Ji blushed at the older’s use of his full name. He nodded slightly. 

“What were you saying, Ji Ji?” He asked with a smirk. 

The younger glared at him through his eyelashes. “Hmph. I asked if you wanted to go hang out or something after lunch. I don’t feel like going back to the dorms yet.”

“Oh, sure.” He smiled brightly. “What do you wanna do?”

Ji shrugged. “Hell if I know. Just, something. I mean even just walking around would be fine. But you’re lazy so I figure we’ll do something that doesn’t involve a whole lot of movement.” The younger teased. 
Seung crossed his arms with a pout. “I’m not that lazy, Ji.” 

The younger simply laughed. Seung loved the noise, and he wished that Jiyong always sounded so happy. He stopped pouting, looking thoughtful. 

“There’s a new butterfly room exhibit isn’t there?”

The shorter male looked at him. “You wanna go look at bugs?”

Seung laughed. “They are pretty. It was just a thought. I wouldn’t be opposed to walking. But I would want to go to the dorms so we could shower and change. You know, we are still kind of dirty after dance practice.”

Ji blushed. “Oh. Right.” He smiled. “Yeah. we can start there and figure out as we go. I just wanna hang out.” 


“I hear ya. It feels like we haven’t spent that much time together lately.”


Ji nodded. “Our schedules have been pretty rough. I think we’ll have a few days off next week too though.”

“Oh, that’s good. I could use some extra sleep.”

Ji laughed. “You? Sleep? That’s a lie!” 

The elder grabbed a piece of rice from his plate and tossed it at the laughing boy, earning a gasp. 

“Seunghyun! Don’t start a food fight!”

“You realize that right there is why they call you umma, right?”

“Oh hush. Finish your food.” The younger responded with a smirk. 

            ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
After they finished their lunch and signed the ecstatic waitress’s poster, they donned their disguises once again and left the restaurant. The other three had taken the van back to the dorms, so their bags were already home. 

They walked quickly back to the dorms, weaving in between crowds of people. It only took them a few moments to reach the building, and when they did they were glad. The two rappers hurried into the cool lobby and walked to the elevator. 

As the small box moved up, they again removed the scarves. Seung dug around his pocket a moment before producing his key. The door dinged and opened, revealing Dara and Minzy waiting to get on. 

Ji smiled at the girls, nodding as he and Seung stepped around them. They returned the smiles energetically before the door closed. Ji began down the hall, closely followed by Seung. 

“Why are you going first? I already have my key out.” Ji stopped and leaned against the door frame, the thin material of his shirt showing the curve of his waist. 

“I went first so I could about you being slow. Why else?”

So you could torture me… The elder thought as he unlocked the door. 

Ji rushed into the dorm and straight for the shower. Seung sighed and, after shutting the door and latching it once more, went into the kitchen for a bottle of water. 

“Hey.” 

Seung turned to see Taeyang standing in the doorway. “‘Sup?”

The singer shrugged. “Not much. Ji won’t take long in the shower right? We have to get ready to leave for the photo shoot soon.”

The rapper nodded. “He should only be a few minutes. We’re gonna head back out.”

Bae showed a knowing smirk. “Gonna tell him yet?”

The elder scoffed. “Not likely.”

“Aw, come on! Why not?”

Seung raised an eyebrow at the other. “Why would I? He wouldn’t want to know that. I don’t want to ruin our friendship.”

“Who says it would be ruined?”

“Bae, really? I know he wouldn’t feel the same.”

The shorter male turned to leave. “You never know unless you try.” 

With that, he left the elder standing alone in the kitchen. He leaned against the counter, slowly drinking the water. He didn’t notice when Ji entered the room a few moments later. He was dress in a normal fashion, tight black jeans and a muscle tee showing the tattoos on his ribs. He’d put a beanie over his damp hair and had smudged a little eyeliner around his eyes. Seung stopped spacing out when Ji waved his hand in front of his face. The younger chuckled. 

“Man, you’re such a space cadet today. So what’s happening?”


“Well, they need the shower before I can get in there since they have a shoot to go to. So we’ll be here for a little while.”

Ji nodded. He went to the fridge and grabbed himself a pop. He hopped up on the counter opposite of Seung, swinging his legs alternately. 

The elder shook his head, taking another drink. 

“What?”


“Nothing.”

“Nothing my ! What?”

Seung smiled. “You’re kind of adorable, Ji Ji.” 

The younger blushed furiously. “I’m not either. Don’t call me Ji Ji.”

Seung smiled and they talked about nothing in particular until they heard the others moving about the dorm, preparing to leave. 

Bae stuck his head into the kitchen to say goodbye, and gave Seung another look. The rapper rolled his eyes, confusing Ji, who turned to look at his longtime friend. 

“Are you making him go crazy?”

Taeyang smiled. “He was already crazy when we got him. Later!”

The three youngest members left and the dorm grew quiet. 

“Well, I guess I’ll be back in a few minutes. Don’t get too bored without me Yongie.”


Ji rolled his eyes as the taller left the kitchen and walked down the hallway. He pulled his phone from the back pocket of his jeans and began scrolling through his Instagram feed. That was always a good way for him to escape into his own world and kill time because before he knew it, Seung was standing in front of him in fitted black pants and a double button jacket. He’d fixed his hair up in a messy pompadour style and a little eyeliner was smudged beneath his almond eyes. 

Damn. 

“You ready then, hyung?”

The elder nodded before pulling a medical mask from his coat pocket. Ji walked to the door and grabbed his sunglasses and scarf. The elder also retrieved his glasses as they were walking through the door.