Worry

The Stars

Bear with me, I promise this will be okay.


Seunghyun was walking around the waiting room, blood dried on his shirt. The doctors had rushed Jiyong into the operating room, and he’d been in surgery for over 6 hours . Other people in the waiting room were looking at Seunghyun as he was the only person moving about, and being covered in blood meant people were curious. He had called Jiyong’s parents as soon as he was left in the emergency room and knew they had left to catch the earliest flight to get to their son. He was growing worried that he hadn’t seen the others yet, and Jiyong had been in surgery for such a long time that the rapper was working himself up being alone to try and deal with the situation.

 

He was wringing his hands as he paced the small room, muttering to himself to not panic. When he heard his name, he whipped around and was relieved to see Youngbae and the other two standing in the hall. He walked over to them quickly.

 

“Have you heard anything?” Daesung asked frantically.

 

“No. They took him to surgery as soon as we got here.” Seunghyun’s eyes were getting red, as he felt more tears threaten to fall and his voice broke with emotion. “I called his parents, they’re going to try to get here as fast as they can.”

 

Seungri pulled at his shirt. “We brought the car. Do you still have extra clothes in there? I can run out to get you a different shirt.”

 

Seunghyun nodded at the younger. “Yeah, I should still have a bag, and changing my shirt will be better. Thank you.”

 

The youngest nodded and quickly walked away, leaving his elders standing there.

 

Seunghyun felt someone tap his shoulder, and he turned around quickly. A doctor was standing there, some blood drying on his scrubs. “You came in the ambulance with,” he looked at a chart, “Jiyong?”  

 

Seunghyun nodded and swallowed the lump in his throat.

 

“Are you family?”

 

“I’m his fiancé. His parents are still in Seoul.”

 

The doctor nodded. “The other doctors are finishing everything up. He lost a lot of blood, and we almost lost him. We were able revive him and we removed two bullets, but there appeared to be four bullet holes, meaning two went clear through him. One of the bullets we removed shattered into five pieces. There was damage to his heart and lungs from the fragments, which we were able to suture closed. He’ll be going to the ICU. We don’t know if he’s out of the woods yet, and we won’t know for the next few hours. If he makes it over the next 12 hours, he will have a greater chance, but I should warn you that with losing him on the table for the moment we did, there’s a great chance of brain damage, as well as the possibility of him losing some motor control.”

 

“Do you mean he might end up in a wheelchair?”

 

The doctor nodded gravely. “Yes, if he wakes up, it would be miraculous for him to be able to walk and do the things he normally would on his own. If he wakes up and is responsive, though it will take time, he can be taught how to do basic things on his own, like eating and dressing himself.”

 

“Is there any chance that he’ll wake up and be fine?”

 

“Unfortunately, that chance is very very slim. I am so sorry to have to be the one saying this to you. Have the police spoken to you yet?”

 

Seunghyun blinked away the burning in his eyes, not letting himself cry in front of anyone. “No, they were talking to people at the scene. I don’t know when they’ll talk to me.” He turned to look at the two singers. “Did they talk to you?”

 

The others nodded. “They asked us if we knew if he was out of surgery. They wanted to wait so you’d be in a better place to talk to them.”

 

Seunghyun wrapped his arms around his waist, grimacing when he felt the dried blood crunch.

 

“So I should expect them any minute?”

 

The doctor looked past them down the hall. “I’d say yes.”

 

Seunghyun turned and saw two officers walking toward him. He stepped away from the singers as the policemen got to him.

 

“Hello, I’m Officer Loman, this is my partner, Officer Jeffreys. You came here in the ambulance with the victim, correct?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“What is your connection with him?” The shorter officer, Jeffreys, asked, taking out a writing pad.

 

“He’s my fiancé.”

 

Jeffreys nodded, writing on the pad. “How long have you known him?”

 

“Since we were kids. We met when we were probably 8.”

 

“Do you know what happened?”

 

Seunghyun shook his head. “He left our house this morning around 11 to meet our boss. We were all going to meet up for lunch at some restaurant called Bonds. I was waiting with three of our friends outside when we heard him shout my name. We turned around just in time to see him get shot. I ran towards him.”

 

“You work together? What do you do?” Jeffreys kept writing.

 

“Yeah, we’re in a band. The house here is our second home.”

 

“Where are you guys from? Does his family know what has happened?”

 

“We’re from South Korea. I called his parents when we got here while I was in the waiting room. They were going to catch the earliest flight out here that they could.”

 

“Do you know where he met your boss?”

 

“The Cottage Cafe. Our boss had a layover here, so he wanted to talk to Jiyong for a while before his next flight.”

 

The officer kept writing in the pad. “Do you know if he knew the men who attacked him?”

 

“No, we don’t know very many people here. Just our neighbors.”

 

Officer Jeffreys closed his notepad. “Has a doctor updated you?”

 

Seunghyun nodded. “Yes, he told me that Jiyong is going up to the ICU and that they removed 2 bullets from him. One shattered and damaged his heart and lungs. The doctor told me that he isn’t out of the woods yet.”

 

Officer Loman touched his shoulder reassuringly. “We have great doctors here. Thank you for your time. If we need to speak to you again, you’ll be here I’d imagine.”


“Yes, unless they make me leave since I’m not family. I could write our address down and my number if you’d like.”

 

“Please.” Jeffreys handed his note pad with an empty page and a pen to Seunghyun.

 

He quickly wrote down the information. As the officers walked away, Seungri came up to him holding a clean shirt.

 

“You ok? I mean, considering.”
 

Seunghyun nodded as he took the shirt from the younger. “I think the others are in the waiting room. I’m gonna go change in the bathroom real quick.”

 

The young singer nodded and watched the rapper walk away, a sad look on his face.

 

        ^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

 

A few days had passed with no change in Jiyong’s condition, his doctors kept saying that him still being alive was the best they could hope for for the time being. His parents had arrived and were staying with them when the doctors recommended they go and get some rest. Seunghyun hated seeing Jiyong’s parents cry, but they didn’t do much else. They were terrified of losing their son. Seunghyun was afraid of losing him as well, but he was trying to keep it together for his lover’s parents.

 

The three of them were standing outside of Jiyong’s room, looking in, feeling like the room was washed out and cold. The rapper was bruised where there weren’t bandages. The bandages were changed frequently, and Seunghyun always had to look away. He didn’t want to see the stitches decorating his chest. Jiyong had tubes breathing for him and two different IV drips in his left arm. He had sensors on his head to monitor his brain activity and a heart rate monitor was clasped on his finger. His face was pale and hollow. Seeing him so weak and still was killing Seunghyun, and he knew that it was killing Jiyong’s parents to see their only son that way.

 

YG held a press conference in Seoul to say that Jiyong was hospitalized, but he didn’t say what had happened, but that when he knew more information, he’d share it. It warmed Jiyong’s parents hearts to see the outpouring of supportive and loving messages people were sending to them from around the world.

 

Daesung, Youngbae, and Seungri were at the house, cooking the first real meal they would all eat together so that Seunghyun could tell them more of what had happened.

 

I’d love to know what you thought of this chapter? Trying to write a realistic hospital scene was a bit confusing, so I hope it turned out alright. Thank you for reading <3