After Dark

The Stars

They walked down the sidewalk, talking about nothing in particular. As they neared the park, the street lights began jumping to life, illuminating the path. The rappers scanned the area, and seeing few people, removed their “masks” and breathed in the fresh night air. 


Ji spotted a swingset and dashed forward, leaving a momentarily confused Seunghyun behind. Once the elder saw where the other had gone, he laughed and caught up to him. 

“Ji?”

“What?” The younger asked sitting on a swing.

“How old are you today then?”

Jiyong stuck his tongue out for a short moment before his face turned to a puppy pout. 

“Hyung, will you push me? Please?”

Seunghyun rolled his eyes. “Did your legs stop working, Ji Ji?”

Despite his comment, the older man walked behind Ji and grabbed the chain. He stepped back and let go. Once Ji moved closer, he gently pushed him away. After a few moments, Jiyong was flying high, smiling brightly at the elder. 

“Having fun?”

He giggled. “Yeah. You should swing too!”

The elder looked at the swing beside him. He looked like he thought it would bite him. 

“Nah, I’m good.”

Ji pouted at him. “Come on, Seung! It’ll be fun!”

The rapper sat on the swing. “I’ll be the judge of that.”

Ji smiled triumphantly. “I can’t say no to you, my Jiyong.”

Seunghyun began to swing as well, moving opposite of Ji, like Yin and Yang, push and pull. After a few moments, Ji called his name. 

“Yes, Ji Ji?”

“Damnit, stop with that, good grief!” the younger laughed as he said it. “Want to go walk around the pond?”

The elder smiled as he nodded. They stood from the swings and began to walk away. He poked Jiyong in the ribs, causing him to jump with a squeak. 

“Ya! What was that for?” He poked Seunghyun in his shoulder. 

The elder shrugged. “Because I felt like it?”

“Is that a question or an answer?”

“Both and neither.”

Jiyong shook his head, pinching the bridge of his nose. “You realize you make absolutely no sense, right?”

Seunghyun laughed, the sound rumbling deep in his chest. “Do I ever make sense?”

“Most of the time, actually! But you’re so weird today, hyung. Are you getting sick?” The younger looked concerned. 

Seung smiled down at him. “I’m fine, Ji. If I was sick do you think I would’ve walked all the way here?”


“Well, no. But--”

“Then I’m ok.” He touched Ji’s arm reassuringly. 

The shorter man surprised him by hugging him. “If there was something wrong, you’d tell me…. Right?”

The other put his arms around him. “Of course I would. You’re my best friend, Ji.”

Ji looked up at him. “Then would you tell me what you’re hiding. This is the longest you’ve been around me in a long time. Did I do something wrong?”

Seunghyun pushed Ji’s head back to his chest. “No, you’re perfect. You’ve never done anything wrong to me. I’m sorry I’ve been so lost in my head lately, I never meant for you to think I was mad. I’m sorry you feel that way, but really Jiyong, I trust you more than pretty much everyone.”

Ji nodded against his chest. “What have you been thinking about so much?”

The elder hesitated, causing Ji to look up again and see the reluctant look on his face. He stepped away. 

“I did do something, didn’t I?” He moved to walk away. The elder panicked, not wanting their night to be ruined.

Seunghyun grabbed Ji’s wrist and pulled him back against him, capturing his lips. Ji gasped before his eyes slid closed and he melted into the elder’s arms. 

Seung broke the kiss. “Want to know what you did?”

Ji nodded his head once, looking worried. 

“You were perfect. You were amazing. You took something from me, and I wouldn’t ever want anyone else to have it. You have always been there for me, and I’ve had to do a lot of thinking.”

“What did I take?”

Seung kissed the tip of his nose. “My heart.” he whispered. 

Jiyong blushed and buried his face into Seunghyun’s chest. 

“You have mine too.” he said quietly into the other’s shirt. 

Seunghyun smiled. “Do I?”

“Mhm. I wouldn’t want anyone else to have it either.” He stated, agreeing with Seung’s previous statement. 

Seunghyun grabbed Ji’s chin and tilted his face up, kissing him again. “Then we belong to each other.” Seung said, running his thumb across Ji’s cheekbone. Ji smiled and covered the elder’s hand with his own. 

They walked around, holding hands. They didn’t speak. They didn’t need to. They both understood the risks that would come with being together, but they didn’t care. They knew that they’d need to hide it, but they’d have to talk to YG at least. 

As they were walking, Ji’s phone chirped at him, playing out some preset phone tune. He pulled his phone from the pocket of his skinny jeans, answering it. 

“Hey. What’s up?”

“What’s up? We just got back and you guys are still gone? Where are you?”


“Aw, Bae, are you worried? We’re walking around the park.”

“Do you even know what time it is?”

Ji looked at his phone. “Oh !”

“Yeah. Schedules tomorrow, so you two better hurry back.”

With that, the singer hung up. 

“So, we should probably go home.” Seung nodded and they left the park. 

^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

They walked into the dorm, moving quietly. Ji went straight to their room, but Seung went to get something to drink first. When he exited the kitchen, water bottle in hand, he ran into Youngbae. 

“So.”

Seunghyun looked at him. “So… what?”

“You know.”

The taller man sighed. “I’m tired, Bae. We have to get up early.”

“One question.” the shorter man looked at him expectantly. 

“Fine.”

“Did you tell him?”

Seunghyun hesitated for a moment. “Yes, but you can’t tell the other two, alright? He and I have to figure out how this is going to work.”

Bae hugged him. “As long as you guys are happy, I’m sure everything will be fine.” 

“Me too. Now go to bed.” Bae waved at him and walked away, leaving Seunghyun alone in the darkness. 

He was only alone for a moment before Ji walked out in short track shorts and an oversized tank top. He wrapped his arms around the elder and snuggled against his chest. 

“You okay?”
Seung kissed the top of Ji’s head. “Yeah, I’m fantastic, baby.”

Jiyong snorted a laugh before covering his mouth. His shoulders were shaking and the elder chuckled. 

“Omo, you are such a dork!” 

“I like making you laugh though, so I accept it.”

Ji put his arms around the other’s neck and kissed him softly.

“Let’s go to bed. We have a lot to do tomorrow.”

Ji grabbed Seunghyun’s hand and walked down the hall to their room.