Going Home

The Stars

Seunghyun was sitting on the bed with Jiyong again when his parents and the others got to the hospital. When they entered to room, the rapper moved out of the way so that Ji’s parents could hug him and fuss over him. Seungri and the other singers stood next to Seunghyun.

 

“When did he wake up?” Bae looked at the rapper.

 

“A little before 2 am. The doctor was checking how well he could stand on his own and his memory before I called.”

 

The shorter man nodded.

 

“Hyung, how surprised were they when he woke up?”

 

Seunghyun looked over to the youngest. “The nurse came running in since Ji pushed the call button, stood in shock for a few seconds, then ran off to get his doctor. He was astonished as well.”

 

“Are you just gonna stand over there, or do I at least get a hug?” The singers looked over at their leader.

 

Jiyong’s parents laughed. “Of course, we just wanted your parents to be able to first.”

 

Daesung walked over and gave Ji a tight hug. “We're happy you're awake.”

 

The other two gave him loving hugs as well. Seunghyun cleared his throat to get everyone’s attention.

 

“I’m going to go and ask a nurse if we could get a few extra chairs in here, so I’ll be back in a few minutes.”

 

Jiyong’s mom smiled. “We’ll be here waiting.”

 

The rapper left the room smiling. The energy in Jiyong’s room was so happy that he felt like he could burst. He was walking down the hall with a spring in his step. As he approached the nurses station, Lynn looked up with a smile.

 

“How’s it going?”

 

Seunghyun smiled. “Great. Everyone has so much energy today, it’s good to see.”

 

“I’ll bet. It’s nice to see you smile. Your entire aura is different, it’s brighter.”

 

He smiled again. “I can hear his voice and see him smile, I’m ecstatic. I was wondering if we could get a few extra chairs in his room though?”

 

Lynn nodded. “I think we could track down a few spares.” She walked around the counter and gestured for Seunghyun to follow her. She led him down a few halls to a storage room.

 

She opened the door and flipped the lights on. Seunghyun entered the room after her. Lynn grabbed a sheet and pulled it off of a stack of chairs.

 

“How many do you need?”

 

“Five. There’s already the one in there.”

 

She lifted two chairs off the stack and stepped around Seunghyun. He grabbed the other three they needed and followed her out of the storage area. Once in the hall, she set her chairs down to turn the lights off and shut the door.

 

They meandered back down the halls, making their way back to Jiyong’s room. When they walked into the room, Jiyong’s face lit up seeing his lover.

 

“Look at you, expending energy.”

 

The others laughed, including Seunghyun. “Oh shush.”

 

Lynn chuckled. “Are you known to be lazy or something?”

 

“He doesn’t like dancing and working out all that much. So, sort of.”

 

Lynn smiled. “I see.” She set the chairs down and unstacked them. Seunghyun did the same. “I’ll leave you to it, if you need anything, just let me know.”

 

She walked out of the room and quietly shut the door. Everyone grabbed a chair and settled around Ji’s bed.

 

“Soo, how are the animals?”

 

Daesung smiled. “As crazy as ever. They brought us some smiles when we didn’t want to.”

 

“That’s good though. Smiling when things are rough helps. So, what has YG aid about all this?”

 

The singers all looked at Seunghyun. The rapper shrugged. “Not much really. He held a press conference right after it happened and told people you were in a hospital, but he didn’t say you’d been shot or were unconscious or where you were. What few updates we’ve had, he’s passed on to our fans. A lot of really kind messages have come in from Instagram and actual letters addressed to the YG Entertainment main building. People are worried and scared, so this good news is going to be a relief for everyone.”

 

Jiyong nodded. “Hopefully I can come home soon and we can get back to our lives.  Just want to forget this ever happened.”

 

Jiyong’s mother grasped his hand. “I hope you come home soon too.”

 

Ji smiled at his parents.

 

They talked throughout the morning. By lunch Dr. Dobbs was convinced that the tattooed man was well enough that he could go home within the next few days.

 

Seunghyun was sitting on the bed with Jiyong curled up against his side, both listening to everyone talk excitedly. They were planning a big, celebratory dinner. Warm rays of sunlight were falling across their legs. Notification bells from Jiyong’s phone interrupted the conversation. Daesung handed the rapper his phone from the end table.

 

“They’re all Instagram notifications. I guess news that I’m ok went public, it’s all messages and comments saying people are happy I’m going to be alright.” He smiled at the others. “We have such amazing fans don’t we?”

 

“We have the best fans, although I think every person who has fans says that.”

 

“Everyone thinks they’re fans are the best because to them they are. I can’t wait to go home and sleep in my own bed. I don’t even know if the house will still smell like home to me. I’ve been here for so long that all I know is hospital and cleaner.”
 

Seunghyun put his arm around his lover. “It’ll be home still. Where ever we are is home.”

 

Jiyong snuggled against the elder’s side and sighed. “That’s true I guess. I’m just happy to be awake.” He looked up at Seunghyun. “Thank you for staying by my side.”

 

The elder rapper kissed his forehead. “I’ll never leave you.”

 

        ^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

 

By the end of the week, Dr. Dobbs had informed them that Jiyong was fit to go home. All the tests they had done came back with perfect results and the rapper had gotten much stronger. Seunghyun was helping Jiyong get dressed and he was going around the room picking up the things that over the span of two months had accumulated in the room. Various books and a few random sweaters, some toiletries and a travel mug were scattered around. Jiyong watched the elder wandering the room, picking items up and piling them into a duffle bag. The tattooed man was sitting on the hospital bed, cross legged, in a large sweater and plain jeans. He was still pale from being stuck in the hospital, but he looked healthy.

 

As Seunghyun put the last book into the bag, Dr. Dobbs walked into the room.

 

“Well, here’s your paperwork, you are fully discharged. You can go home now.” He handed Jiyong the papers outlining all the treatments and all the details of his hospitalization for him to show his regular doctor in Seoul.

 

Jiyong smiled. “Thank you. I can’t tell you how happy I am to be going home.”

 

Dr. Dobbs chuckled. “Understandable. No one really enjoys having to be in the hospital. I’m happy you are able to go home as well. With how touch and go everything was in the beginning, seeing you awake is amazing”
 

A nurse walked into the room, pushing a wheelchair. “Sorry to say, but hospital protocol says you get pushed out in the wheelchair.” Jiyong laughed.

 

“Liability, I get it.” He said as he scooted to the edge of the bed and put his feet into his shoes on the floor, wiggling one foot when the back of the sneaker folded under his heel. He took the few steps to the chair and sat down. The nurse looked at Seunghyun. “Would you like to push him?”

 

He nodded and Jiyong grabbed the bag, laying it across his lap. The elder swung the chair around and began pushing Jiyong through the hallways. Dr. Dobbs walked through the hospital with them, telling Jiyong to take it easy and that he should relax around the house for at least a week, and that he didn’t want him traveling back to Korea for at least two weeks so he could get his strength back.

 

As they reached the hospital entrance, Jiyong smiled to see his parents and bandmates waiting for him. Everyone had bright smiles on their faces, ecstatic to have the rapper coming home.