A Simple Day

The Stars

At the beginning of December, they went back to Seoul. YG held a press conference for Jiyong to show that he was alright and to announce his relationship with Seunghyun. The news was pretty well received and most of their fans were happy to know they had each other. Another reason they went home was to spend the holidays with their families. Christmas had passed, the first Christmas that Jiyong and Seunghyun’s families spent together. Once January came, Jiyong set to work addressing invites and deciding on menus, as well as deciding that he wanted them to get married on the beach in La Jolla at the Pantai Inn.  When he showed Seunghyun photos of the beach venue, the elder knew it felt like the perfect place.

 

Seunghyun fell more in love with Jiyong watching his fervent planning. They were sitting at the kitchen table, the setting sun’s rays casting long shadows across the scattered wedding invites covering the table’s surface. They were busy scrawling addresses on heavy cream colored envelopes with scarlet ink pens. Seunghyun set his pen down and watched Jiyong carefully penning the address of his grandparents. He was smiling without realizing it when the younger looked up from what he was writing.

“What?”

 

“Nothing. Just enjoying the moment.”

 

Jiyong smirked. “Well, how many invites do we have left to do?”

 

Seunghyun pulled the small pile of blank, unaddressed envelopes towards him, counting them quickly. After a moment, he held them in his hands and tapped them on the table, straightening the pile. “I have 28 left. Your stack looks about the same.”

 

Jiyong leaned back in his chair, stretching his arms over his head. “Do you want to go out for dinner, extend the moment?” He asked waggling his eyebrows. “We can probably get these finished tomorrow morning in less than hour.”
 

“Where do you wanna go?” He asked as he leaned out of his chair to grab a small box off the breakfast island, setting it on the table between them. Jiyong looked thoughtful as they  put their stacks of unfinished invites into the box, leaving the pile of ready to go invites on the table.

 

“How would you feel about Outback? We haven’t been in a while and we don’t need a reservation.”
 

Seunghyun sat forward, resting his arms on the table, his hands clasped together. “I could go for some Bloomin Onion.”

 

“Cool. I’ll go put something on that isn’t joggers and a holey shirt.” Jiyong stood and gave Seunghyun a small kiss before walking from the room.  The elder stood as well and walked into the foyer to put his shoes on and retrieve the car keys. He was only left to wait around 5 minutes before Jiyong strolled into the foyer. Seunghyun looked him up and down approvingly.

 

“I like when you wear those jeans.”

 

Jiyong smiled mischievously, hunger in his eyes. “I know.” He stated simply, walking past the elder and out the door.

 

^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

 

Jiyong opened his eyes the next morning and smiled when he saw Seunghyun asleep next to him, looking peaceful. When he saw there was almost no sunlight filtering through the windows, he rolled onto his side and scooted closer to the elder. He rested his head on Seunghyun’s shoulder and closed his eyes. Just as he was falling back to sleep he felt one of the dogs jump onto the bed and wiggle up behind him. After a moment, he felt paws pulling his arm. Jiyong lifted his head and looked behind him, seeing Jolie sitting there. She tilted her head at him before whining quietly.

 

Jiyong sighed and sat up carefully. “Alright. Come on.” He whispered as he gingerly slide to the edge of the bed, pulling the blanket off his legs. He shivered as his bare skin came in contact with the cold predawn air. He grabbed a fluffy robe off the blanket chest at the foot of the bed and put it on. Once it was secured he opened the bedroom door and felt both Gaho and Jolie rush past his legs and down the stairs. He heard Youngbae’s door open and turned to see Daesung.

 

“Oh, would you mind taking Homie down with you?” He trailed off into a yawn.

 

Jiyong covered his mouth trying to resist the urge to yawn as well. “Yeah, of course.”

 

Homie followed him down the stairs. The tattooed man walked into the kitchen and slid the door open, watching all three dogs bound around in the grass. He stood there for a moment, entertained by the trails of darker grass where the early morning dew was lifted from the blades and onto the dog’s fur, documenting their crazy antics. He could see the light blue sky beginning to turn pink as the sun came up. He walked to the Keurig, setting it up for a French Vanilla coffee. While he watched the coffee dribble into the mug, arms wound around his waist. He could smell the lingering cologne on his lover’s skin. He turned around and put his arms around Seunghyun’s neck.

 

Seunghyun kissed him softly. “Morning.”

 

Jiyong rested his head against the elder’s chest. “Morning. Sorry I wasn’t up there.”

“It’s all good.” He said, rubbing his hands up and down Jiyong’s back. “Figured the dogs needed out.”

 

The Keurig beeped signaling it was done and Jiyong turned back to it, lifting the mug close to his face, inhaling the scent.

“That smells amazing. Vanilla?”

 

Jiyong nodded and stepped to the side so his fiancé could make himself some coffee as well. He grabbed a simple breakfast roasted k cup and got the Keurig going again. Once his coffee was done, he and Jiyong went to the sliding door and watched the dogs continue running around.

 

Gaho ran towards the still open door, panting and happy, followed closely by the other dogs. They all padded into the dinning room and sat in front of their food dishes. Jiyong pushed the door shut and moved across the cold floor to the cabinet where they kept the animal food. He gave them their breakfast and made sure they had water before he went back to the kitchen to find food for himself. He saw Daesung had been lured downstairs by the smell of coffee.

 

“Morning, hyung.” Dae waved from a breakfast bar stool.

 

“Hi. You guys got in late last night didn’t you?”
 

Daesung smirked. “Maybe.”

 

Seunghyun laughed from the stove were he had started making eggs. “Date night went well did it?”
 

Jiyong sat next to Dae. “What time did you even get in last night? I didn’t hear you guys, so it must have been late.”

 

“I think we got back at like 2:30. Ish. You guys weren’t here when we got home at like 5, so we decided that we’d have an impromptu date night. How far did you get with the invites?”

The rapper laid his head on the counter. “Ugh, we still have like 60 to do.”

“Well considering the 300 names on the list, 60 isn’t too bad. Most of it is done.”

 

“He has a point Ji Ji.”

 

“Hush it! I know he’s right, but I have always hated addressing mail. It’s so annoying. If you up or don’t write it perfectly you have to redo it, especially on wedding invites. They have to be perfect. I know what’s left will take another hour, hour and a half at most, but it’s ugh.”

 

They laughed at his attitude. “We’ll get them done and then we won’t have to ever think about them again.” Seunghyun said as he scraped hash browns and eggs onto a plate, setting on the counter in front of Daesung. “How do you want your eggs Ji?”
 

“Over easy.”

 

He had just cracked 2 eggs into the skillet when Youngbae walked in and sat sleepily on the other side of Daesung.
 

“Good morning. Sleep well?”

 

“Mhm.” Was all he could manage as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

 

“You want some breakfast?”
 

He looked at Seunghyun, slowly processing the question. “Yes.”

 

Daesung laughed. “I think he’s still half asleep.” He whispered to Jiyong.

 

“Looks like.”
 

“I can hear you.” He yawned. “I just need some coffee.” He hopped off the stool and made himself a cup of the same vanilla coffee that Jiyong was drinking.  

 

Youngbae climbed back onto the stool, coffee in hand. “Have you guys seen Seungri?”

 

“Yeah, I think he stayed over at a girls place last night, but I’m not sure.”

“Has he been seeing someone on the sly?”

 

Seunghyun sat plates of eggs and hashbrowns in front of Jiyong and Bae. “I haven’t been able to get much out of him in terms of whether he is dating someone or if he is just hooking up.”

 

They ate their breakfast and Jiyong and Seunghyun got to work on the rest of the wedding invites.

 

Thinking next chapter will be the last. I think I’ve got to where I wanted to, so it might be over next chapter. (About time tbh, I dragged this out for how many years? Too many.) I’ll do a bigger sappier A/N next chapter, so hopefully in a couple days I’ll get it posted cuz I have envisioned the last chapter so long, it’s literally the whole reason I even wrote this story. Let me know what you thought? Thanks for reading.

 

Sorry that the beginning is a bit rushed, I just kind of wanted to summarize less crucial to the story stuff to get to more wedding planning. And if I mention Seungri again, it will be at the wedding. I probably won’t give him more lines considering the current scandal surrounding him (that I am still hoping isn’t true despite all things saying that he was involved, so let’s hope) I just wouldn’t feel right writing him out completely given how they all feel about each other, or at least how they used to, so please forgive me if it offends you to imagine him in the wedding scene in a future chapter. If it’s too bad, just pretend he’s not there since he won’t have dialogue.