When Things Were Good

The Stars

Making up more timeline stuff cuz I know nothing about other artists schedules lol

Warning: This chapter is the start of the dark part of my story, so be warned.

 

~3 weeks after Jiyong’s birthday~

 

Jiyong and the others were sleeping in, as they had just arrived back at their second home the previous night. Ji and Seunghyun were snuggled up in their warm bed, content feeling the weight of Gaho and Jolie resting at their feet.

 

Mid morning sun was beginning to warm the room as it poured through the curtains, specks of dust gently catching the light, floating in the rays like orbs. A cell phone chirped, disturbing the silent room and causing the rappers to both groan. Jiyong rolled over and checked their phones, and saw that he had a text from YG. He opened it and read it.

 

“YG is in town for a few hours.”

 

The elder opened one eye to look at the tattooed man. “What’s he doing in the states?”

 

“Flying out to Los Angeles for a conference. He’s got a layover here for a couple hours, he wants me to meet him for coffee before he flies out again.”

 

“So you’re leaving?”

 

“Just for a little while. We should all go out to lunch after I’m done.”

 

The elder smiled. “Ok. Where do you think we should go?”

 

“I’m not sure. He wants to meet at some little cafe called The Cottage Cafe. I guess it’s close to the airport.” Jiyong typed something up on Google maps. He scrolled for a moment. “There’s a little lunch bistro called Bonds a couple blocks away from the cafe we could meet at. I’m looking at their menu and they have some good stuff.”

 

Jiyong stood up and stretched. “So you’ll get the others up and everything? I should be done in an hour ish.” He turned to look at Seunghyun. The elder was typing the restaurant into his own phone so he and the singers could find it later.

 

“Yeah.” He looked up at the younger. “What are you gonna wear?”
 

Jiyong shrugged. He walked over to the closet and grabbed a red flannel and tossed it onto their bed. He opened the dresser and pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans and a black tank top, also throwing it onto the bed.

 

Seunghyun watched him move about the room, getting dressed as he went. After a few moments, he was dressed. He had tied the flannel around his waist and put on a red beanie. He grabbed his keys and phone, kissed Seunghyun quickly and was out the door.

 

            ^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

 

Jiyong was walking up the street listening to his music. He was nearly to the Cafe, unaware of the people around him. He was enjoying the slight breeze and the sun on his back as he walked. As he neared the Cafe, he removed his headphones and walked into the small building, looking around for his boss. When he spotted YG he wound his way around tables and sat across from his elder.

 

“Hello.”

 

YG nodded. “How are you? I know I woke you.”

 

The young rapper laughed. “I’m alright. We were all needing to get up soon anyway.”

 

Before he could say more, a waitress walked up to the table, asking if they were ready to order.

 

They each ordered a cup of coffee.

 

“I suppose you’re wondering why I wanted to meet with you?”

 

Jiyong nodded. His elder chuckled. “Just wanted to talk about you and Seunghyun. It’s been almost a month that you’ve been engaged, how’s it feel?”

 

The rapper smiled. “Unreal. I never thought we’d be engaged. But it has been amazing. My mom still can’t believe it either. Did you know Youngbae knew what that dork was planning?”

 

“Makes sense since he was the only one who recorded Seunghyun’s speech.” They both laughed as the waitress brought two mugs of coffee to their table.

 

Jiyong reached for sugar and poured some into the cup, stirring it in.

 

“So what kind of conference are you going to?”

 

YG took a sip of his coffee, which he had left alone. “Arranging some things to get permission to film a music video for Psy’s new song.”

 

“Oh, that makes sense. I don’t see why they wouldn’t work with you.”

 

“I’ve had artists film near there before, so I think it will work. It’s more of a formality.”

 

Jiyong nodded. They talked for half an hour more before parting ways, Jiyong walking up the street towards the restaurant where he was meeting the others, YG walking back towards the airport.

 

Jiyong put one headphone back in as he walked. He was unaware of the men that had begun following him, the men who were walking faster to catch up to him. The rapper didn’t have time to cry out for help when he was grabbed and dragged backwards into a narrow alley.

 

^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

 

Jiyong was thrown against a wall violently. He looked at the men surrounding him, confused and scared of what they wanted with him. There were four men, all taller than Jiyong, and all were quite muscular. The men looked like they belonged to a gang, one even had a visible tattoo of a 5 point crown with an L and K on either side on his arm.

 

“What do you want?”

 

One of them chuckled. “The you doing? Walking around like you’re the , dressed like that. You think you’re bad?” He emphasized the question by shoving Jiyong’s shoulder.

 

Jiyong shook his head, eyes wide with fear. “What?! No, I don’t!”

 

One of the men punched him in the stomach, knocking the air out of him. “Who the said you could talk?” One of the others kicked him in the thigh.

 

“You ain’t ! You’re gonna regret talkin’ out of turn boy!”

 

They began taking turns hitting and kicking him. Jiyong felt hot blood flow down his face as one of the men punched him in the nose. He put his hands up, trying to block any more hits to his face and neck.

 

It felt like forever, but it was only a moment before a few people heard the commotion and began yelling for the men to stop. His attackers turned to shout at the people interrupting them. The distraction allowed Jiyong to slip between two of the men and run out of the alley. The men took off after him, but Jiyong was faster than them.

 

He ran quickly, weaving around people and dashing up the street. He saw the others just ahead of him, waiting outside the bistro. He felt relief wash over him.

 

“Seunghyun!”
 

The others turned at the sound of his voice, just in time to hear explosive sounds and to watch him fall to the ground. People screamed at the gunshots and Seunghyun ran to his lover. One of the men that had chased Jiyong was tackled and promptly knocked out as the other three ran away. Seunghyun was by Jiyong’s side, crying and pulling him into his arms. One of the people there called the police frantically saying someone had been shot.

 

Jiyong’s eyes were closed and Seunghyun could feel the blood soaking his shirt. Youngbae knelt down next to him and pressed his sweatshirt to Jiyong’s bleeding neck with shaking hands.

 

Within moments an ambulance had arrived and rushed Jiyong away, and the paramedics had allowed Seunghyun to go in the ambulance. The police had also arrived, arrested the man that had been tackled, and began to talk to people who had seen what happened.

 

Please forgive me for this, I promise the dark part of the story should only last a few chapters (unless my mind drags it out a bit longer) I would love to know what you thought of this chapter and that you stay tuned for future chapters.

 

Also, my apologies that this chapter is a bit shorter than the last. I'm not good at action or fighting scenes, so I'd also love input on that. Thank you for reading <3