Chapter 8: Good In Every Evil

Corrupted Passion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 8 Good In Every Evil

 

“The truth will set you free…” There goes the saying. Stating a truth will never make a person less of a human. In fact, affirming the reality all the time will make one feel open to everything, nothing to feel guilty about. Saying the truth may not give the best result, but it will always lead a person to goodness, even for a person who’s being corrupted by darkness.

 

The next day of the study camp is as lively as the past days, but not for the couple whose relationship is gradually collapsing. Everyone is sharing their smiles, their joy and their laughter while having their prosperous meals. However, in this one corner of the dining area, there is this couple that is not sharing such joyous break. The man Nichkhun, though his fiancé is right in front of him as they share the same table for dinner, his eyes never averted to her. Same goes for Tiffany as she couldn’t look straight into his eyes and can’t find any words to tell him and make their situation less awkward.

 

“I sense some dark aura over there." Yoona pointed out at the couple at a side while serving Jessica her dinner.

 

Jessica looked into the direction that she’s pointing at, and confirmed it with a nod. Jessica knows best when it comes to darkness for she was born and raised with it. Those gestures and evasion of eye contacts make it obvious and evident that the couple is having a problem and difficulties.

 

“I’ll go to their table.” Jessica professed.

 

“Hey! Don’t!” Yoona tried stopping the determined evil but still made her way to them.

 

“Can I sit over here?”

 

The couple heard Jessica asking and none of them answered straightaway to her request. Looking away, Nichkhun responded, “Yeah, sure.” Jessica anticipated that her homeroom teacher won’t be reacting as she’s seen avoiding her gazes.

 

“So, how’s the wedding preparation?” Jessica tried asking and as she has predicted, the couple uncomfortably shared their first eye contact for the day.

 

“W-well, for now…” Nichkhun faked a cough and sustained, “For now we’re setting that aside and focus with the study camp. Maybe we’ll talk about it again when this ends.”

 

“How about you, Ms. Tiffany? You don’t seem so good since yesterday. Did something happen between you two?” Jessica then asked the woman beside her as her questions are eventually getting straightforward.

 

Before Tiffany could utter a response, Nichkhun was called by their fellow teacher for a help and so he excused himself and left them temporarily. Jessica caught Tiffany sighing deep in frustration as soon as Nichkhun was out of their sight and fidgeted her fingers by her lap under the table.

 

“What are you planning to do again, Jessica?” The depressed Tiffany abruptly bent out her depression at her student. “Isn’t it obvious that we’re not good right now, or are you doing this on purpose? Our relationship is as ruined as it is now. Please, just for today, please stop rubbing salt in my wound.”

 

Tiffany stood up on her seat and stormed out of the dining room to hide her tears that started flowing out of her stressed eyes. Some saw how she acted and some murmurs that it was Jessica's fault. Feeling responsible for Tiffany's cry, Jessica followed her out of the inn, far enough from the area not to let anyone witness her pain.

 

“Tiffany…” Jessica caught her crying under a tree by the steep of the mountain.

 

“Please leave me alone.” Tiffany sobbed. “I just can’t live with this guilt anymore. I’m so damn confused right now that I can’t think so straight anymore! It’s so hard that I can’t breathe easily. I can’t even look at him in the eyes anymore. Every time he talks of marriage, I can feel nothing. He’s such a nice fine man but here I am, hiding the biggest mistake of my life. I’m so scared that he’ll start looking at me differently if I told him about our night together. Of course, he might tell the school about you too. Our situation is so complicated now so please Jessica, don’t make this harder for me.” Tiffany begged as she weakly pushed Jessica away from her breaking and shattering heart.

 

“Okay, okay fine.”

 

Jessica hesitantly stepped back before totally walking away with uneasy emotions, leaving Tiffany more in confusion because of the tone she emitted, for Jessica’s voice cracked at the end of her sentence. Yoona heard them talking and watched Jessica walking towards the village with a frown that she witnessed for the first time. Roaming around the village full of yellow lights and poor old people, Jessica recklessly walks along the night dusty road, bumping into random old people around her. Though the teachers prohibited them to go out without a guardian, she cared not and even entered a food stall on the sidewalks to continue her unfinished dinner.

 

“Dammit, why do I feel so guilty?” Jessica pondered and ordered finger foods from the seller.

 

“Can I join you?”

 

Jessica heard Yoona from behind her who tailed all the way from the mountain up to this point but didn’t look back to meet her figure. “Tell me Yoona, why do I feel wrong? I’ve almost killed several mafias before, I’ve beaten up thousands of underlings before and I never felt wrong in all of those things I did. But why, why do I feel wrong this time?”

 

“Do you really want to hear it out?”

 

“Yeah, please tell me. I’m so confused right now that I feel like annihilating a whole clan with my own hands. Please stop me…” Jessica exhaled thick in rage towards her inner self.

 

Yoona sat beside her and said, “There will always be good in every evil, and there will always be evil in every good. You’re feeling wrong of what you did to Tiffany-unnie because you, known as someone with a wicked heart, still have good sleeping somewhere inside your darkness. Also, so far you’ve been fighting evil, you’ve been fighting amongst yourselves, among your fellow mafias but in reality, you’ve never actually fight with good people.”

 

“I kind of still don't understand it.”

 

“Of course it will hurt you unnie. You may be an evil, but hurting good person like Tiffany-unnie will definitely break you. That's why you are feeling guilty.”

 

“Do you really have to point out that I’m an evil?” Jessica raised an eyebrow at the smiling caretaker.

 

“If I didn’t, you won’t understand.” Yoona laughed as she teased. But then she continued with her serious tone of voice, “You should know unnie, that Tiffany-unnie feels so corrupted now, in all ways. I feel sorry for her too that's why you should make a move anytime soon.”

 

“What should I do? I hate this kind of feeling...” Jessica again sighed in defeat.

 

“You’re the only one who can restore the good in Tiffany-unnie’s heart unnie. That’s why, before it’s too late for them, tell Tiffany-unnie about what really happened that night.” Yoona stated but at the back of her mind, she thought, "I'm not sure if her love for him will go back to how it's used to be though."

 

“By the way Yoona, you said you heard about me from Yuri. Does that mean you also know that I'm a…” Jessica halted as she furiously blushed at the realization.

 

“Ah yeah. She didn't directly tell me though. After talking with Yuri-unnie, I just figured it out myself that you're a v—”

 

Jessica immediately covered and shouted, “You idiot! Don't say it out loud!”

 

Tiffany in the meantime went back to her room and found no one around but scattered things of Jessica on the floor. When she heard footsteps approaching the room later, she quickly fixed her own bed and pretends to be sleeping as she covered her whole body with the blanket and a fake snore. The door flicked open and it's only Jessica who came back, then saw the pretentious Tiffany already sleeping soundly.

 

“Sleeping, huh?” Jessica sighed as she sat up beside Tiffany's covered body. “I know you won't hear me Tiffany but I just want to tell you that I'll definitely make it up to you.”

 

“Yah unnie, don’t disturb her. She’s already sleeping. Just talk to her tomorrow.” Yoona who entered afterwards said.

 

“Unnie? Huh? Does that mean Yoona is aware of Jessica’s age? Is that why they’re so close in the first place? So that’s why they’re so clingy since the first day of school year!” Tiffany asked herself and her in-denial jealousy grew larger, kicking away her loathing towards Jessica momentarily.

 

Meanwhile at the mafia's mansion on that same night, Yuri as Jessica's loyal subordinate is making sure that her place is as neat as it has always been. Carrying with her the pile of clothes that she picked up from the laundry, she saw her underboss' room wide open which is supposed to be not as she made her way up. Wondering why, Yuri guardedly peaked on a side to see who's making a noise from the inside.

 

“It's me unnie. You don't need to be that cautious.”

 

Yuri was caught on her position and finally recognized who is inside the evil's room. A woman wearing a black leather jacket, blue fitted jeans with her long straight hair loosely hanging at her back, she's a chic woman detailed with her fashion with a resting face almost like Jessica.

 

Laughing at her own actions, she said, “Oh, sorry Krystal. I never thought you'll be coming back all of a sudden. The boss didn't say anything to us either. Does Jessica know?”

 

“It's a last minute decision unnie and I didn't tell Jess yet. I want to surprise her when she comes back.” The chic woman Krystal said with a wink while lurking around the spacious room.

 

“Your sister might not like it you know. Sica might to berserk if she sees you here.” Yuri said.

 

“I was transferred here for my medication and so I have to continue my studies here too. She can't do anything about it now. It's been decided and b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter