Chapter 5: Evil Meets Good

Corrupted Passion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 5 Evil Meets Good

 

When dark sees light, that one small spot of light, it can grow bigger until it becomes a hole of light. It’s possible, even to someone who is immersed into darkness and drowning into the evilness. It is indeed possible, because everyone was given and granted with love, no matter how wicked and corrupt one is. There will always be that light that’s making an attempt to shine upon everyone’s shady heart.

 

“A person 100 meters from the base of a tree observes that the angle between the ground and the top of the tree is 18 degrees. Estimate the height of the tree to the nearest tenth of a meter.” The trigonometry teacher read aloud to the attentive class then asked, “Let's see, who's going to answer it?”

 

No one volunteered instead they all looked away from the teacher's searching gazes with his hand raising the piece of chalk. Disappointed, his gazes dropped into the sleeping student near the windows whose faint snores can be heard from the silence with her head down resting on her folded arms.

 

“Okay, let's try Jessica.” The teacher said which made Jessica to look up to him as she wiped off the drool coming out from her opened mouth. “Why don't you come and try solving the problem on page 18?”

 

Jessica looked around dumbfounded while her classmates can only cackle at her clueless expression. Catching up with the circumstances, she grabbed her closed book and quickly flipped it to page 18. Her face turned into horror at the sight of alphabets and numbers randomly jumbled in a single phrase. Despite of not knowing anything that was written on her book, she still made her way to the board like what she was ordered to do. She immediately stopped the moment she pointed the chalk on the board then clenched on the piece of chalk until it broke into half.

 

“Why the hell are there letters in math? Since when did they mix it with numbers? I thought mathematics is purely numbers? What’s with these ugly looking curves and lines drawn?” Jessica’s oblivious understanding and mind felt crashed.

 

“What's wrong Jessica?” The teacher asked.

 

“I uhh…” Jessica breathed in annoyance before she admitted, “I don't know how to.”

 

“Seriously? We have been into this topic for a week now. How come you still can't solve it? That's the prize of always sleeping in my class. It's been a week since you were accepted in this school and a week of always ditching and sleeping in class. At least show some changes before this behavior of yours reaches the higher-ups.” The teacher lectured his annoyed student right in front of the whole class that turned into a heavy sound of silence as they listen.

 

Embarrassed and feeling ashamed for what the teacher has told her, Jessica clenched her fists so tight in anger and roared through her mind, “Damn you bald dude, no one dares to embarrass me in public!” But she did her best to make these thoughts vanish for the sake of fulfilling her mission to graduate. In the end, Jessica was forced to bow down her trembling in wrath head and said, “Sorry…”

 

“It's fine. Now go back to your seat and don't ever sleep during my class again, got it?”

 

Jessica only nodded and went back to her chair just to show her improper way of sitting with an irritated look. She can hear her classmates seated at the back row talking about her, on how dumb she is and her behaviors and misconducts she has been doing for a week.

 

“I'll make sure to kill these idiots once I graduated.” Jessica mumbled to herself.

 

It’s been a week since Jessica was admitted in a setting she never imagined she’ll revolve around with. In order to become the next leader of their mafia association and in order to keep Krystal away from it, she was forced to accept the mission of finishing her studies in high school and get the diploma. Everyone believes she dumb and brainless and so her father made the final decision for her. However, on the day of her admission, she met her homeroom teacher Tiffany Hwang, the woman she spent a night with and her identity for being an unlawful woman was almost busted. But because of the little secret they both share and a clear deal, their true colors and fake identities were kept sealed into the bottom of their hearts as they both go on with their lives like nothing happened between them in the past. Now they hold each other’s fate, depending on how they deal with each other.

 

“Ms. Hwang, have you talked to Jessica Jung already? I haven't seen her attending my class since she came here.” The home economics teacher complained at the homeroom teacher having her vacant period for the hour at the faculty room.

 

“Guess what? Jessica always sleeps in my class and fails to understand all my lessons. I thought this new student will bring us something good but I guess this will give us trouble.” The trigonometry teacher that just came back after the class also criticized on her performance.

 

“You better take action Ms. Hwang, before the principal hears about this.” A staff suggested.

 

“Ah w-well… a-about that…” Tiffany once again stuttered with her own words at the mention of her nightmare's name.

 

“Maybe she's having a hard time adjusting with her new environment. You know, maybe Jessica Jung isn't used to her classmates well just yet.” Nichkhun butted in with their interrogations on his fiancé.

 

“Oh the knight in shining armor just saved his princess again.” They teased. “You're saying that because you're not in charge of her class' P.E. class and it’s the new teacher right there who’s in charge with her. So, how's Jessica in your P.E. class, Ms. Kwon?”

 

“I have no problem with her.” Yuri said with an obvious invention for she's covering up her underboss.

 

“Lies. The two of you seem to be close. I've seen you two walking out of school the other day and I noticed you get along like you’re on the same age.”

 

“No. It's because we're neighbors and I know her family so well.” Yuri replied using her angelic and convincing tone of voice. And continued with another set of lies as she stated, “Also, I need to accompany her sometimes because as a teacher, I have to educate her appropriately and guide her even if we're not in the campus. I have to look after her until graduation and direct her into a bright future. I think that's a common sense as an educator.”

 

Her speech was applauded such as the faculty recognized her words of wisdom, not knowing it's a pure bunch of fabrications and fake unmeant words. Tiffany is one of them who clapped and had the thought of “I think I should learn from this new teacher.” To put it into action, Tiffany silently escaped from the room but her fiance whose eyes are on her noticed her exit and decided to secretly follow her.

 

“Excuse me.” Tiffany first went to the cafeteria to ask the caretaker Yoona, “By any chance, did Jessica stop by here again?”

 

“I haven't seen her around unnie. Did she skip classes again?” Yoona asked.

 

“Yeah. Though it's a vacant hour, I know she won't attend her classes later again.” Tiffany sighed in frustration. “What should I do with her? She's so hard-headed. How will I discipline her properly as her homeroom teacher? It’s my first time to handle such student.”

 

“Just be rough a little unnie. If you're dealing with someone like her, you should use some force and be wild a bit. You know, just so she can at least know you're superior to her.” Yoona advised with a wink.

 

“You're right. Then, I'll try once I see her later.” Tiffany said and finally walked away from the area.

 

“Hey! What do you mean when dealing with someone like me, huh?” Jessica revealed herself from hiding under counter area, specifically under Yoona's apron.

 

“Won't you just thank me for hiding you from her? Besides, what are you doing here in my territory again anyway? This isn't a hideout from ditching your classes.” Yoona demanded and kicked the mafia out of her apron.

 

“Shut the hell up and just accommodate me! Here's the only place to hide. Rooftop is full of annoying couple flirting like dogs.” Jessica yapped and Yoona could do nothing but to let her stay in her workspace.

 

All throughout the day, no one had seen Jessica around, not even her classmates or even other school staff. Tiffany started to get worried of her behaviors and delinquencies for as a teacher, a rebellious student like Jessica is the hardest one to handle and as a teacher, she gets partly blame over her rudeness and foul behaviors. As the main responsibility and first obligation of an educator, she shouldn’t let Jessica lose track and lead her into goodness, which is virtually impossible for the moment and for their complicated situation.

 

“Fany, is there something wrong with Jessica Jung?” Nichkhun asked his fiancé during their usual night dinner date at a fancy restaurant.

 

Tiffany choked on her food upon hearing the sudden question coming out from her fiancé. Not knowing how to react at once, she grabbed the goblet of wine and took a big gulp from it. When she calmed her in panic mind, she answered, “The only thing wrong with her is her behavior. You know, I have to deal with it and fix it somehow.”

 

“No, not that. I mean, the two of you, is there something wrong with the two of you?” Nichkhun insisted on asking.

 

“W-what? W-what are you t-talking about? I d-don’t get you.” Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows to cover her shocked state.

 

“I just noticed you get so conscious and worried whenever the staffs talk about her. Sorry, for asking something weird.” Nichkhun laughed it off in the end but noticed how Tiffany uncomfortably chews on her food with her gazes fixed on her plate and not on him and how her fingers fidget awkwardly under the table.

 

“I’m so sorry Khun. I love you but I need to keep you away from my mess. You don’t have to know it. I don’t want to hurt you. Please forgive me for lying.” Tiffany thought to herself as she feels bad for hiding her biggest mistake from the man who loves her the most.

 

On that same night, Jessica is currently having her usual gloomy dinner with her foster father who rarely talks during the meal. With only the two of them in the dining table, that comes with the maids and servants watching them eating, only the clashing sounds of plates and spoons can be heard echoing all over the spacious room. Until Jessica’s phone placed beside her plate suddenly made a loud ring, the once silent atmosphere was awakened. Peaking on the caller’s name, Jessica sighed and canceled it without second thoughts.

 

“Who’s that? Why won’t you pick it up?” The boss lowly asked.

 

“My homeroom teacher.” Jessica replied with the same tone, showing no interest over the topic.

 

“I heard from Yuri that you’re not doing anything good at school and seldom attend classes. I asked her to report all your doings just to hear a negative data.” The boss sighed.

 

Jessica lost her grip on her spoon just to give her boss a death glare and said, “It’s your fault for sending me into a mission th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter