Chapter 12: Painful Truth

Corrupted Passion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 12 Painful Truth

 

It’s better to hurt someone with the truth, rather than comforting them with a lie. The truth may be painful, but it will lessen one’s confusion and bewilderment. Though some might have thought that they should have lived with the lie, by the end of the day it’s the truth that will solve everything and put all the puzzle pieces all together.

 

Days had passed since Jessica’s last visit at Tiffany’s place. Since that day, the man Nichkhun kept his distance from his own fiancé, creating their relationship more distorted.  As a man, he gathered all his courage and bravery to know the cause of their breaking down relationship, now having the guts to finally question Tiffany’s best friends after work.

 

Far from Tiffany’s knowledge, Nichkhun asked her best friend out for a dinner at a fine-dining restaurant where they used to eat dinner together. Her best friends knew it will happen that Nichkhun will step forward to question them, especially for Taeyeon who has also doubted at Tiffany’s behaviors.

 

“Sorry if I suddenly asked the two of you out.” Nichkhun apologized as he dropped down his head. “Actually, I want to hear the truth from you guys. Fany won’t tell me anything. I don’t what happened and I can’t take it anymore. Our relationship isn’t going well any longer. It feels like I’m only forcing her to marry me now.”

 

Taeyeon and Hyoyeon looked at each other and asked, “What do you want to know Khun?”

 

“Everything, starting from the first day of this school year because that’s when I noticed she started acting strange around me.” Nichkhun said with a look to the women hoping to hear something from them.

 

The best friends’ eyes have gone wide in uneasiness and nervously ogled each other again. Taeyeon faked her cough while Hyoyeon watched everywhere. When Nichkhun was heard sighing in defeat, Taeyeon finally decided to speak up the night they never opened up to anyone.

 

“We should be the one apologizing.” Taeyeon started off. “Actually, we don’t know the full details too, but we do know something and has been hiding something from you that we did the night after the first day of school.”

 

“Did something happen? Please do tell me.” Nichkhun frowned as he warily requested.

 

To make a clearer explanation, Hyoyeon backed up, “That night, Tiffany was so depressed with the things she has been hearing from her students about her private life, especially of what happened to her father when she was young. We were hanging out that night yet she was so down. So, I and Taeyeon said that we should try going to the red light district for a change.”

 

“What?” The shocked man let his jaw dropped from the scandalous revelation.

 

“Tiffany resisted though, but we forced her. That’s why we greatly regret it and we’re so sorry for it. We know it was wrong that’s why we hid it from you. We didn’t know that it will be like that.” Taeyeon confessed with a careful approach, word by word. “We were only supposed to go to a normal night clubs by the shopping district, but we ended up with the red light district.”

 

“What happened at the red light district then?”

 

“Of course we planned on running away.” Hyoyeon retorted for a counter. “But it was too late. We were so scared and frightened when we were inside the club. Well, you know what people do on those kinds of clubs, right? Tiffany got drunk that time and went to order some more.”

 

“After that, she disappeared. We asked her what happened and where she went but she just cried. That’s all we know. The rest of that night is something that only Tiffany knows.” Taeyeon carefully professed and finished their declaration of guilt and blame.

 

“Was she with someone? Did she disappear with someone?” Nichkhun went on with his questions but got no response from the astonished guilty women.

 

Shocked with all the truth he heard, Nichkhun stood up from his seat and left them. He walked aimlessly on the busy streets as he felt his tears eventually coming out with his heart breaking into pieces, crushed into tiny pieces. The two best friends also left the restaurant not long after the broken man left them. Taeyeon, on her way back home, she couldn’t stop thinking of what happened that night too, everything that Tiffany did on her own, the way she get drunk, and the way she looked.

 

“Wait.” Taeyeon halted halfway with her paces as she recollected a piece of memory. “That woman in white… and her student…”

 

Taeyeon started putting all the puzzle pieces together to form a single answer then it all came back to her. She huffed loud in recognition and made a sudden U-turn to meet with Tiffany, rushing all the way to her place at a late night just to get either a confirmation or a clarification from Tiffany herself.

 

Upon arriving at the area, she saw Tiffany also walking back home from the other side of the street, but she’s not alone and she’s with Jessica whom Taeyeon caught intertwining her hands with her best friends as they walk together.

 

“Taeng?” Tiffany saw her not far and immediately let go of Jessica’s warm hand.

 

Taeyeon glared at Jessica wearing her school uniform then shifted her gazes back to Tiffany and said, “Fany, is it her?”

 

“W-what are you talking about?” Tiffany asked in tension, trying to deny and be dumbfounded of her query.

 

“I’ve been thinking since I first saw her inside your house. It was her, right? She’s that woman in white back at the red light district?”

 

“Hey Taeng! Not so loud!” Tiffany said and hushed her best friend but Taeyeon shoved her away.

 

“Why are you with her Fany? At first I also thought she only looked matured and actually just a student but now that I recalled everything, there’s no way she’s just an ordinary student. Tell me Fany, why is she with you acting like a teenager? What’s more intriguing is that, why are you holding each other’s hands on such a late night?” Taeyeon questioned with her voice rising up every question she voiced out.

 

Tiffany couldn’t utter a comeback in return to her best friend’s intense questionings. Knowing that she won’t be able to escape anymore, she deeply sighed and held tight on Taeyeon’s hands to assure that she wouldn’t run away from her and not to lessen her dismay from her upcoming confession. Jessica just stood behind her teacher, waiting for her reaction and her decision.

 

“Sorry Taeng. It just… happened.” Tiffany started letting out her tears as her voice trembled in anxious. Sobbing, she went on, “I mean, nothing happened that night, okay? It’s just  that… I don’t know… I really don’t know how and when this happened. I just found myself falling for someone else and not Khun. If only I can explain these feelings in words, I already did the first time I felt this. But I just can’t… I just had fallen out of love. I fell for Jessica, and that’s it, I couldn’t stop it. I know it’s wrong to be with a student but what can I do?”

 

Instead of getting mad over her best friend, Taeyeon cupped Tiffany’s wet cheeks and to stop the continuous trail of tears falling down from her tired and confused eyes. “Have you told Khun about her?” She then asked and Tiffany gave a shook of head. “Damn Fany, what should I do with you? I want to get mad at you but I can’t. How will you handle this, huh? I can’t possibly let you handle this alone.”

 

Tiffany leaned to her best friend as she cried on her shoulders and Taeyeon could only hug her for comfort. Later, Taeyeon looked around and realized that the student is no longer behind Tiffany. “Where’s Jessica?” She asked.

 

Tiffany looked back and found no one but the night silent street. Worries instantly rose up when Jessica suddenly disappeared and made no words of goodbye. Tiffany knew, somehow, that Jessica was hurt with what she said and how complicated their situation is. On that night meanwhile at Yoona's residence, they welcomed an unexpected guest, a visitor of not only her father but also to her who knows the secret of the mafia student. This special guest of them is an investigator who has been diligently searching for the mafia boss who killed their father, no other than Tiffany's brother Leo.

 

“Please have a seat.” The head director offered a sit and so Leo complied.

 

Across him is Yoona, glaring at him intently as she carefully placed a cup of tea in front of him by the table. He took a deep breath before beginning with, “I’m pretty sure you have an idea why someone like me is here with you right now.”

 

“Pretty much young boy.” The head director confidently said then continued, “It seems like you’ve already gathered enough evidences to have the courage to approach me privately.”

 

“Thanks to the captured men, I can finally pinpoint the man who killed our father.” Leo said which made Yoona grow into nervousness. “According to his statement, you’re involved with them and one of this man’s daughters is currently attending your school as a student with a fake profile of a teenager named Jessica Jung while her younger sister is living separately from them. You can’t lie to me and if you do, you know what will happen.”

 

“Wait! Sica-unnie has nothing to do with your father’s death!” Yoona tried to in, however her father halted her with his hand signal.

 

“I’m very familiar with the rules and regulations of this place, that’s why I’ll tell you the truth.” The head director said, eyeing intensely at the investigator across them. “Yes, I know the clan who killed your father and indeed, his daughter is attending our school. I negotiated with their clan and now his daughter is spending her high school life with us. So young boy, what will you do now? You came all the way here all alone despite of knowing that this mission of yours might be dangerous.”

 

“It’s because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter