Chapter 15: A Father's Wish

Corrupted Passion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 15 A Father's Wish

 

It is said that a daughter's first hero is her father, her first love and her guidance. A father can jump off a cliff is needed just to save his daughter’s life. A father is ready to punch any man who will hurt his daughter. A father is willing to take risk of working all day all night just to provide his daughter’s needs and wants and her smiles is enough to take away the pain. No matter how many mistakes a father did and no matter how evil he may be, by the end of the day it's the father who will be there, standing and protecting his daughter with his own life.

 

The day of parent-teacher meeting came. After the male students' turn the day before, it is now time for the female students to show off their parents and as excited as the parents themselves, the teachers are also looking forward to this next batch of meeting. However, there’s this teacher who came at work feeling so restless and uneasy, it's Tiffany Hwang. The moment she entered the faculty room, she started pacing back and forth in front of the water dispenser and seen by her co-workers shaking her head occasionally while mumbling something to herself.

 

“Damn. It's today…” Tiffany thought as her restless legs made its way on a corner. “I'm going to meet Jess' father. Damn, what should I do? I'm so nervous…”

 

“Ms. Hwang?” The bothered principal tapped Tiffany by her shoulders, causing the uneasy woman to jump off in surprise. “Are you alright? You've been walking everywhere the room since you came in.”

 

“S-sorry…” Tiffany stiffly laughed. “I'm fine.”

 

“Anyway, the head director wishes to see you. He said it's something about Nichkhun’s sudden resignation that he received yesterday afternoon. Do you know something about it?” The principal informed which was heard everyone inside the faculty room and they all gasped in shock.

 

“Eh?” Even Tiffany was astounded about it and later covered her shocked surface with a lie as she said, “Y-yeah. I just have to go to the head director, right?”

 

Tiffany avoided all her fellow teachers' ogles and sprinted all the way to the head director’s office. While she’s on her way, she couldn’t help but to think of the last time they met Nichkhun and how he resent Jessica and their unacceptable relationship. Then it crossed her mind, since that day she heard nothing more from Nichkhun, not even from his home or his parents and this made her feel distress for an unknown reason. By the head director's office, there she met Yuri and Yoona standing across his table as she interrupted a serious and urgent conversation.

 

“You're late unnie. We've been waiting for you.” Yoona said but Tiffany glared at her questionably from the door. “Ah sorry. I haven’t introduced myself properly to you unnie. I'm the head director’s daughter.”

 

“Seriously?” Tiffany’s eyes went wide from the revelation and Yoona flashed a smile.

 

“Save that for later. We have more urgent things to talk about.” Yuri said and ended their mini-talk.

 

Tiffany obeyed and walked beside the two, now facing the agitated and troubled head director. They heard him heaving a sigh before he decided to show some documents, placing it all on top of his table. Upon receiving the cue that they can read it, Yuri straightaway caught it in her arms for a hushed and thorough reading. One of the documents is Nichkhun’s short notice of resignation but what caught their attention the most are the remaining documents waiting to be read behind it. It contains photos of Jessica coming in of the school and some photos were taken while she's with Tiffany walking hand-in-hand as they walk back home together on late nights. Lastly, some facts and information where Jessica was stated as a mafia underboss of a huge well-known mafia clan.

 

“Some enemies within the mafias found out that we admitted Jessica Jung in our institution with a fake profile. Those photos were sent directly to me last night from an anonymous and threatened me that they'll leak these photos throughout the school. What concerns me is, who would leak out such information?” The head director examined, anxious over the situation.

 

“I can only think of two possible ways. One is because someone aside from our clan is also a mafia wondering around the school and leaked about Jessica’s admission. The second one… someone who resents Jessica must have been associated with the mafia clan that wants to annihilate our clan.” Yuri predicted and stared at Tiffany.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that? You can’t possibly be thinking that I know something about that, don't you?” Tiffany angered because of the way Yuri glares at her.

 

“It’s not you unnie. Yuri-unnie is referring to Nichkhun-oppa.” Yoona followed up for clarification. “His sudden resignation is indeed suspicious and then this information came out. If he really did involve himself with a mafia association then he probably knew by now that Jessica’s one also.”

 

“These are still assumptions though. However, we shouldn’t let our guards down. The sender didn’t specify any demands yet so I'm pretty sure these data won't leak out anytime soon. And if Nichkhun is involved with this, he can't simply reveal all these things to the public that can affect the person he loves. This may only serve as a warning.” The head director assured as he retorted.

 

“I'll have our underlings investigate about this as soon as possible before things get worse. Various incidents and killings have been also circulating within our association and a war might start if this goes on. For now, let's go out there and act like usual.” Yuri also said as she suggested.

 

“Is Jess aware of this?” Tiffany asked in concern but everyone shook off their head. “I'm sorry. I think it’s my fault that it turned out like this.”

 

“Please don’t blame yourself. We’ll solve this case in no time. I also informed this incident to her father and asked me not to tell Jessica or even to Krystal about this. I respect his decisions so please cooperate.” The head director said.

 

“Just stay beside Jessica and do the usual things you do together. Don't worry, we won't let you and Sica be separated just because of this. I know you're worried that your career as a teacher your relationship with her might get affected also. So, leave this to us and stay calm, okay?” Yuri said comfort Tiffany who suddenly turned anxious with the circumstances.

 

“Trust them Fany-unnie.” Yoona then also said as she smiled. “Especially to Sica-unnie, trust her and she’ll definitely protect you just in case it gets to worst situation.”

 

They were all dismissed after the short discussion and their acts started. Yuri went to attend her P.E. classes while Yoona went back to her job as the cafeteria's caretaker. As for Tiffany, she let her classes flow efficiently by covering her uneasiness using her unbeatable eye smile that every single student admires but can only be love by one.

 

“That’s all for today.” Tiffany concluded the homeroom as the school bell rang. “The boys may go home and as for the girls, I hope I can talk to your parents today and meet them. We'll start the meeting after a ten-minute break and we’ll immediately start. We'll do it alphabetically and the rest may stand by outside while waiting for their turns.”

 

The whole class dispersed the moment Tiffany ended her instructions. By the back door of the room, Tiffany saw Jessica making a head signal, asking her to go out for a talk and follow her so the teacher followed her late when all her female students are busily fetching their parents who are arriving one by one at the school gate. Jessica directed her to the comfort room where no one’s around and everything is cleared.

 

“Hey, are you alright?” Jessica asked as she leaned against the door, watching the nervous teacher frantically moving around.

 

“I don’t know. It feels like I can’t focus and concentrate right now. I still don't know how to face your father. What will I tell him? What will I do once we'll meet?” Tiffany admitted and showed her trembling hands.

 

“Should I ask him not to come?”

 

“No! Even though I'm so damn nervous right now, I have and I need to meet him. Besides, you'll be there with us during the meeting so I guess it will be fine.” Tiffany insisted as she reached for Jessica’s warm and calm hands to place it against her cold cheeks.

 

Jessica leaned closer and gave her lover a peck by her lips and pulled for an embrace as she lightly tapped her back. “Don't worry. The boss won’t do anything to you. He is not that kind of man and I'll be staying beside you. You can have my back if you're uncomfortable around him.” She whispered for a comfort and to ease Tiffany’s worries.

 

Tiffany went back alone to the classroom to officially start the meeting while Jessica walked out of the building to fetch her foster father who is expected to arrive anytime. Jessica also expected him to be arriving in their limousine and imagining all his underlings to be bowing their heads as he'll walk down, capturing every students' attention. This kind of scenario floating into her mind shattered at once for the boss, together with Krystal, arrived in a taxi wearing a sky blue colored polo shirt tucked in his white jeans, totally an unusual and new looks which made Jessica's jaw dropped all the way to the ground in shock.

 

“W-what the—“ Jessica gasped when her father approached her stunned figure by the school gate.

 

“I coordinated his outfit so that he won't look like a creeper. I also changed his hairstyle so that he'll look more innocent than he looks.  How is it? I did great, right?” Krystal grinned with her two thumbs up the air.

 

“W-well yeah. It's my first time to see you like this dad. I never thought you could wear such casual and trendy outfits for old men. I don't even know if you're the fierce mafia boss or not.” Jessica murmured and awkwardly laughed to lighten up the mood.

 

“Yuri told me to just be myself but I just can't possibly face my daughter’s girlfriend looking so fierce. I want to look handsome and presentable. I'm glad I exceeded your expectations.” The boss laughed out loud for he's proud of himself.

 

“Yeah whatever. It will be my turn soon. Let's go.”

 

Jessica guided her nervous father as if he's going to meet his future in-laws before a wedding ceremony. On their way to the classroom, students remaining wondering around the hallway eyed on them walking with a heavy impact and strong aura surrounding them. Some stepped back because of the father's inevitable death glares and some would drool over Krystal’s beauty radiating all over the hallways. Jessica would bark to those boys who are gawking at Krystal’s body and they would run away in fear while Krystal herself would just laugh at her sister’s protectiveness.

 

“Jessica, it's your turn.”  A classmate came out of the classroom with a parent and called.

 

“Go. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter