Chapter 17: Kiss Me Goodbye

Corrupted Passion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 17 Kiss Me Goodbye

 

When is the right time to say goodbye? Is there ever a time when goodbyes are being said with smiles and not tears? Paving goodbye isn't something to be said without feeling the painful emotion of parting ways, especially when it’s the last time. Even when one is smiling as they say goodbye, there will always be this pain pinching their hearts and of course it will hurt, it will hurt so much that they eventually start thinking of going back to the good old days. Nevertheless, painful goodbyes are still covered with smiles to lessen the regret and remorse from both parties.

 

The exchange of gun fires and men yelling as they attack their opponents are occupying the ship that’s wiggling on its place. From the deck to the ship’s interior, men are all running with guns on panic. For Tiffany who is not used in this kind of situation, she just witnessed another man aside from her late father got shot right in front of her eyes while for Jessica who was saved, this scene is no longer new to her but remained feeble on Tiffany’s hold.

 

“Right on time.” Yuri appeared behind the stumbled man with a gun, revealing herself as the killer.

 

“Yuri, did you just…” Tiffany is still in disbelief as she eyed on Yuri whom she observed for the first time holding a gun and wearing a black suit, completely transformed into a real mafia.

 

“Save the talk for later. We need to get out of here before they'll come and kill us.” Yuri hid the gun on her back waist and went on her knees to check on Jessica’s weak state and Tiffany remove herself from the embrace to let Yuri have a better checking to her lover.

 

“Who gave the order?” Jessica asked while Yuri is neatly wrapping her wound with thick bandages. “Was it Soojung?”

 

“Sorry Sica. I couldn’t stop your sister with her decisions. She’s as hard-headed as you are. Tiffany’s brother also helped us to locate your whereabouts and Krystal gave all of us the order to attack and save you. But don't you worry, we didn’t let Krystal to tag along in this attack. We left her with Yoona at the seaside and they’ll wait for us there. We wanted to avoid war as much as possible but it’s difficult now. This is war and you might witness the same thing as you had seen when you were adopted.” Yuri briefly explained as she helped Jessica up on her stance.

 

Jessica frowned for the memories of that time rewind back to her, the time when their boss let her see the aftermath of a mafia war where dead bodies and sea of blood watered the field. These memories flushed away when her worried lover intertwined her cold hands with hers. Jessica nodded at her, an indication saying she's fine but Tiffany just couldn’t avoid herself getting worried.

 

“I injected pain killers on you Sica. You might not feel it right now but you will after some time. The effect will only last for an hour so we better hurry up. Krystal prepared an escape boat at the very back of this ship. Leo is waiting for us there. Any time from now police and media will surely gather at the seaside too. You better prepare yourselves. Can you walk by yourself Sica?” Yuri followed up with her explanations after seeing Tiffany’s anxious face.

 

“I'm fine. I can still walk on my own somehow.” Jessica assured but evidently limping as she walked towards the dead man to steal his gun that was tucked on his belt.

 

Together with the surviving underlings surrounding and guarding them, they all cautiously walked out of the area and moved forward to make a great escape out of the ship. As they're on their way, some enemies would see them but ends up getting killed by either Yuri herself or her fellow underlings and this scares Tiffany more. Because of her noticeable frightened looks, Jessica started to think deep as they walk together. Her love for Tiffany has gotten deeper; her desire to protect her increased and her want to get her away from the darkness progressed up. However, as Jessica recognized and analyzed the situation they are in, none of her desires are coming true instead everything turned out the opposite. She knows she loves Tiffany, but she has put her in danger and completely ruined her life and the worse, she's letting her see the darkness of their kind.

 

“Sorry Tiffany.” Jessica said as her soft voice battled with the loud gun fires.

 

Yuri heard her underboss talked behind her and she could only listen in silence as she protects them from harm at all cost. They are getting closer from the escape boat but they stopped by a corner to momentarily hide for they sighted couple of enemies running around from the other end of the way.

 

“Yah, why are you suddenly apologizing?” Tiffany questioned late.

 

Jessica didn’t respond to her instead she looked at Yuri, her loyal and only right hand. The way that Jessica stares, Yuri knew what that look meant. Yuri at first wanted to pretend she doesn’t know what her eyes are saying but she gave up when Jessica s her hand to hold her secretly and hid their wordless agreement from the dumbfounded Tiffany.

 

“The way is clear. Let's go.” An underling confirmed as they cleared the way for them.

 

They have reached the lowest floor of the ship and the escape boat is only two meters down from their location. At an open area, there they successfully arrived and saw Leo waiting with the boat.

 

“Wear your life vest in case your escape boat fails. Hurry up before they’ll see us here.” Yuri ordered and so Tiffany obeyed but later she noticed it was only her who wore one but not everyone.

 

“Hey. What’s the meaning of this? Why aren’t you guys moving? I thought we’re in a hurry?” Tiffany glared at her lover as she started to doubt. “Jess?”

 

Jessica avoided the eye contact as she held back her tears while Yuri signaled Leo about their plan behind Tiffany’s back. Leo hesitated to agree but he chose to nod his head and gave an affirmative. Footsteps sounds are approaching nearer to their place, a sign that the enemies are about to catch them escaping from the battlefield.

 

“Tiffany. I love you. I just wanted you to know that.” Jessica said in haste.

 

Jessica pulled her lover close and leaned in for kiss, a kiss that felt like a lifetime for her. Not knowing that this kiss might be the last time, Tiffany didn’t return it back due to her confusion. Jessica wanted to make their kiss longer but knowing their tight situation, she has to pull back and end it. Out of nowhere, Tiffany felt her body and her hold getting separated from Jessica's warmth; only to find out she's already falling down freely from the ship to her brother’s arms as he caught her.

 

“Huh… why… wait…” Tiffany hardly uttered for she can't find her right words to say for what just happened.

 

Jessica’s tears fell down straight from Tiffany’s stunned face, from two meters up high down to her lover. Jessica looked down on her without saying anything and the boat went off without her, separating them completely from each other’s company.

 

“Stop the boat!” Tiffany’s late reaction finally hit her and battled with her brother who is driving the boat away with her. Her punches were useless against her brother’s well-built body as she cried pleading, “Leo! Please return back! Jess is still there! We have to go back!”

 

Tiffany struggled to jump off the boat just to swim back to the huge ship but Leo used his powerful arms and pinned her down then yelled at her with, “Stop it Fany! Can't you see? Jessica is trying to get you saved from that war! If you go back there, what can you do huh? Can you be a help for her? You'll just end up a nuisance if you’re there with her while they’re battling for their own clan and pride as a mafia! Think about it and don't be a brat! Jessica won't push you down and let you escape with me if she doesn’t love you for real! C'mon Fany… please understand. This is her way of loving you and showing her love for you.” He tried to calm down and lowered down his voice when Tiffany is already crying a river beneath him.

 

Together with the authorities and media at the seaside like what Yuri has predicted, Krystal saw the rubber boat forwarding to their place. The moment she saw there are only two people on the ride, she sighed and frowned, closing her eyes in disappointment. The media immediately went on alert after receiving the information that one of the hostages has been saved and now arriving at the safe zone.

 

“There’s only Fany-unnie and her brother in there.” Yoona pointed out.

 

“Jess might have chosen to stay with Yuri-unnie.” Krystal stated but somewhat dissatisfied over the decision. “I somehow knew it will turn out like this. My sister has some pride and she won't easily leave her comrades in the battlefield. Also, I tried to think, if I'm Jess, will I escape with my lover and leave my clan dying without me? Of course not. That’s why I told Leo and Yuri-unnie about that possibility too in case Jess will really choose to stay behind to finish the fight. And I was right, she really did stay behind.” She explained with her voice cracking as she held back her emotions behind her calmness.

 

Krystal feared of what may happen next after Jessica decided to battle together with her clan inside the ship. The chance of her sister dying in the clash is high and Krystal is now preparing herself for that likelihood too. When the escape boat arrived in their area, the medics and media rushed to help and cover the howling and broken woman while Leo ran straight to the police for a brief report of the situation in the ship that no one can approach yet because of the endless combat that can be heard all over.

 

“Oh my daughter! I’m so glad you’re alright!” Tiffany’s mother entered the ambulance where she was kept in and embraced her as tight as she let her daughter cry on her shoulders.

 

“I’m so sorry mom.” Tiffany cried hard.

 

“Shh~” Her mother hushed her with a gentle caress at her sweaty back. “Leo already explained it to me. It’s alright my dear. Everything’s going to be fine. I’m so sorry too that mom failed to ask your feelings when you were so down. Mom is at fault too. Don’t worry, it will end soon. Just trust Jessica, okay? She’ll definitely come back safe.”

 

“What if she won’t?” Tiffany cried loud and sobbed so hard that she’s having a hard time catching her breaths in between. “I left her in there! I escaped alone! I’m fully aware that her body might not last long because of her wound and yet I escaped without her!”

 

Her mother cried with her daughter’s agony and let her wail in her arms and warmth. Meanwhile, the mafias left at the ship battlefield continue on with their war. Both Jessica and Yuri managed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter