Chapter 3: Shades of Deceptions

Corrupted Passion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 3 Shades Of Deceptions

 

Being loyal and passionate with the things a person loves and being true to oneself is one of the best feelings of a person can achieve in its entire life. Living while working with passion for life can bring ultimate satisfaction as people strive hard yet comes with a fulfillment. But what if this freedom to be true and real was taken and stolen away with a single error yet life-changing episode? What if a person’s life makes a sudden change?

 

The cozy ambiance and the mixture scent of grapes and sugar apples are filling up the commodious room. With the ringing sound of an alarm clock that went off somewhere on the cold floor, the groggy woman finally gained her consciousness. Opening her eyes in an unfamiliar extravagant room, she slowly sits up on a bouncy bed with a severe headache hitting her.

 

“Huh? Where am I?” Tiffany asked to no one as she lazily scratched off her tangled and crumpled hair strands.

 

Tiffany scans the room more with her fuzzy image and unstable mind. The alarm clock from her phone stopped on its own, her pieces of clothing that comes with her undergarments scattered randomly on the covered floor. Last but not least, she gawked at her own body enveloped with the thick blanket for the icy air coming out from the air conditioner is making her bare skin shiver.

 

“Why am I here? Oh my God, what happened?” Tiffany hysterically stirred around her sitting up position on bed as she fright over a circumstance she can’t remember when it was done.

 

Up until she accidentally bumped into a stranger woman sleeping deeply beside her, with her heavy make-up smudged all over her face. Tiffany’s eyes went so huge it almost came out as it finally struck her, that she was at the red light district the night before and how she met the woman beside her.

 

“Damn it!” Tiffany cussed in a hiss as she took a big swallow.

 

She strains to recollect how everything happened and how she ended up sleeping with a woman, but her memories gradually failed her. When her alarm clock rang once again, she jolted up on the bed only to meet her body on a full-sized mirror filled with blemishes of lipstick by her chest and love marks on her neck. Tiffany stumbled on her feet in terror over her own figure and crawled everywhere to grab her clothing to cover it.

 

“What should I do? What should I do? I still have to go to school! How will I tell Khun about this? Oh my God, I’m so dead!” Tiffany cried while putting on the same outfit she had yesterday.

 

In haste, Tiffany dreadfully picked up all her belongings and escaped from the room, leaving the sleeping stranger that snoozed with her the whole night. Tiffany marched fast out and belatedly found that she’s taken on a five-star hotel, definitely expensive and luxurious. Because of the intense panic and tension that is hitting her drubbing heart; she couldn’t gather all her thoughts together, shattering into pieces of unchronological memories of the night.

 

“That woman, she looks around my age. Damn, what did we do last night? Why can’t I remember anything? How will I face this?” Tiffany thought to herself while she runs away from the scene.

 

It didn’t take long when the woman that Tiffany left behind also gained her cognizance. Unlike Tiffany, she stayed calm upon seeing her and stripped state, even yawning wide over it. She makes her stand half-awake and also faced the full-body mirror like what Tiffany did. The woman watches at her body, her curves and her perfect lines. She trailed her fingers to where she once had scars and scratches which were caused by an abusive parent twenty years ago. She breathed out loud as she closed her eyes, trying not to remember every single detail of her childhood.

 

“I knew you’ll be here again, Jessica.”

 

The woman named Jessica looked at the door through the mirror and an authorized subordinate of hers wearing their uniform black getup is watching her standing in front of her mirror. “Don’t you know how to knock, Kwon Yuri?” She then emotionlessly interrogated.

 

“I’ve seen you million times already and know every single secret of yours. Knocking is useless, Sica.” Yuri retorted with an arrogant smile stretching her lips up.

 

“How did you know I’m here?” Jessica sighed.

 

“You didn’t come back to the mansion last night and this is your favorite place after you visit the red light district at night. The underlings who were with you last night said you escaped from the club with a decent looking e.” Yuri said.

 

“Unfortunately, the woman isn’t a e and not a hooker either. She’s a damn who easily gets with just touches.” Jessica once more sighed as she makes her way to dress herself and put on her white coat and her trademark white rounded hat.

 

Yuri helped fix her permed hair and let it dangle down her y back and informs, “Anyway, the boss wants to meet you today at the meeting. You’re already late so we better get going.”

 

Going out of the hotel with a number of men in black surrounding her, Jessica, together with Yuri, makes her way on a parking lot where their white limousine is waiting. While on their way back to their mansion located far, isolated from all the good beings of the city, Jessica pressed onto her phone and reads countless messages from a person that can only make her smile genuinely.

 

“Your younger sister also called the home phone last night. She said you’re not answering her calls so she called us instead.” Yuri said as she noticed the brightness that lit up Jessica’s face.

 

“Yeah, I know. That silly kid just sent me silly photos of her.” Jessica said and showed her subordinate some cute looking photos of her sister.

 

“I wonder when Krystal will come back.” Yuri commented that led Jessica wordless for her response.

 

Twenty years ago, there were sisters whose father was abusive and brutal and a powerless mother. The first daughter, who was once called Sooyeon, opened her eyes without knowing the emotion called love and peace. Now, she’s named Jessica with nothing but despair and darkness in her heart. Dumbfounded of how they were abused, the second daughter who was once called Soojung is now a fully grown woman, now named Krystal, the only life that Jessica wants to protect using her own power and strength.

 

Arriving at the area, servants in uniform opened the high black gate for the limousine. The underlings bowed down their heads as Jessica walked on the mansion’s red carpeted isle and hallways. Yuri, being the official right hand of hers, she guided her all the way to the meeting room where their boss is waiting. Jessica entered the meeting hall by herself and there she met the tiger eyes of some high ranked members of their organization, all wearing black coat and suit except for her who’s wearing nothing but white. And lastly, she met eye to eye with her foster father and boss across the elongated rectangular table.

 

“Have a seat, Jess.” The boss ordered and so Jessica did.

 

“What is this meeting all about? This is rare.” Jessica retorted, having no tone at her voice as she blankly stares at the boss with her dying eyes.

 

“It’s about time to decide who will take over my position, Jessica. And you as my eldest daughter the best candidate to take my position as the leader of our organization.” The boss said as he puffed on his cigarette.

 

Jessica was shocked and taken aback for the sudden declaration. She failed to remark anything from his words as she continued on exchanging glares with the members gathered on the table.

 

“I oppose!” One suddenly raised his hand and voiced out. “Certainly, Jessica is your eldest daughter but we also have her younger sister Krystal whom I think is more suitable to become our next leader.”

 

“I agree!” Another makes his viewpoint. “Krystal may be younger by years than Jessica but she’s more compatible to lead an organization like us. She’s a smart one and she can handle our underground businesses without a problem. Unlike Jessica, she even failed every simple transaction and failed to get the money. She’s illiterate and a high school dropped out. How can we leave everything to her if she’s like that?”

 

Another one raised his hand to interject their conflict and said, “Jessica is fearless and can kill a whole organization with her own hands. She’s trained to face death and be bold but she’s obviously uneducated. Meanwhile, we also have Krystal who is undeniably smart and perfect with her logics. However, she’s physically weak because of her heart disease and now she’s under medication in America while taking up her college course Economics.”

 

“In short, we have to choose between the sisters, Jessica who is dumb but tough or Krystal who is smart but weak.” The last one concluded to stop the conflict between the members of the clan.

 

Jessica was insulted with their forthright and harsh words but chose to keep her silence on her seat because that’s how the mafia world revolves around her. Though she and Krystal were granted with hundreds of underlings to support them, they never felt any love out of it.

 

“That’s enough for now.” The boss coughed. “Take a rest for a while Jess. We’ll talk about more of this later. We’re expecting a visitor tonight so don’t go anywhere.”

 

Meanwhile, the educator Tiffany Hwang rushed all the way from the hotel directly to the school where she serves as a role model to the students. She sprayed all her remaining perfume all over clothes and body to remove the scent of smoke and club that stuck onto her. The students glared at her and some once again gossips on her for she’s surprisingly wearing the same outfit and same hairstyle she had yesterday.

 

“Fany!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter