Chapter 13: Save Me From The Dark

Corrupted Passion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 13 Save Me From The Dark

Warning: This chapter might not be suitable for young (and innocent) readers. 

 

Saving someone from evilness can only be done with goodness and acceptance of this person who was drowned into darkness. Everyone is entitled with a light and darkness but it’s how a person takes control of itself, whether to balance these two elements or just embrace either one of them.

 

Driving all the way from the city to the countryside one early evening are Krystal and Tiffany. As they get far from the city, lights and the wide streets are vanishing and these are being replaced by dark and narrow roads with the fields silently resting on the sides. During the long ride going to where Jessica is, Krystal keeps on checking on her phone for an update from Yuri who got first at the place earlier than them, while Tiffany herself is just looking outside through the windows of the limousine as she’s thinking of the possible things that will happen once she’ll meet Jessica after their bitter parting.

 

“Everything’s going to be fine.” Krystal said as she saw how Tiffany’s expression got worse than before, from anxious and worried one to a terror.

 

“I’m not sure actually.” Tiffany admitted and clutched her trembling hands together by her lap. “I did something terrible to Jessica the last time we talked. I even slapped her so hard and left her crying. For some reason, it feels like I triggered her to do something like this and went missing.”

 

“You’re right.” Krystal sighed. “But isn’t that why you came with me? You have to talk to her and stop her. Jess has been carrying a heavy resentment to our biological father and now that she found out about where he is, she might not hold back.”

 

“How about you?”

 

“I was still a baby when we were adopted by the mafias so I don’t have any recollection of our life when we were in the hands of our abusive father. All I know is that Jess wants to kill him with her own hands. That’s why we need to get to her before that happens. We don’t want to see her covered with blood, don't we?” Krystal said, trying to calm down their anxious minds.

 

Tiffany nodded and once again put her attention to the night and lightless roads with her heart pounding loud in tension. Hours later, they arrived at the address sent by Yuri and found her roaming around the area with her underlings. By the left side of the dusty street, there’s a huge house lighted bright with no neighboring houses and just solely standing there alone.

 

“Perfect timing. I just got here too.” Yuri approached the two in a hurry.

 

Krystal walked in dare towards the only house and rang the doorbell of the black gate. She’s been hiding the fact that she’s the most nervous among them all, for she has been also thinking of how their father actually looks like, if he looks like a demon or just any other ordinary old man and how their mother looks like.

 

“Who's there?” A woman opened up their gate and saw the timid and nervous Krystal and Tiffany.

 

From behind, Yuri sensed that the two suddenly got dumbstruck and so she stepped forward to help them out. “Good evening ma'am. By any chance, did this person come here or have you seen her around?” She then asked as she showed a photo of Jessica.

 

“Well yeah. That woman was indeed here a while ago. She was kind of rude because she suddenly came in our home and started searching for my husband.” The woman complained.

 

“Then this woman might be their father's second wife.” Yuri thought. Faking a smile she once again asked, “Really? Excuse me but can we ask where your husband is right now? There's an urgent matter we need to talk with him.”

 

“Please do tell us. It will help us a lot.” Krystal butted in and begged the confused wife.

 

“He's still at work though. There's an ongoing construction by the woods. He's currently taking charge of that so probably he'll come home late. Why are you looking for him anyway? Has he done something wrong?” The wife was forced to inform and nervously asked.

 

None of them bothered to answer her concerns and just drove away in a dash. By the woods like how the woman described, Jessica reached at a construction site. There she farsighted an old man instructing the young workers and sending them back home after giving out their daily wage in cash. When everyone left aside from him, Jessica took the opportunity and made a silent and vigilant approach from behind. With the dark and isolated area, no one has witnessed Jessica sneaking inside the delicate and unfinished construction.

 

“Hi.” Jessica greeted but with her gun pointing directly at the back of his head.

 

The man immediately put his hands up and froze on his stand. “W-who are you? What do you want?”

 

“Very funny old man. You can't even remember your own daughter's voice.” Jessica said, dipping severely and roughly the gun closer.

 

The old man, with his trembling knees and weak body, he turned around to meet the invader, only to meet Jessica's devilish smirk with her eyes being covered with her trademark white circular hat and her body wrapped with her white coat and a black high boots. She nudged her upwards to reveal her murderous looks, and these eyes are immediately recognized by the old man.

 

“Sooyeon…”

 

“Sooyeon is dead! You killed her and now the person in front of you is Jessica Jung, one of your daughters whom you sold to the mafias!” Jessica yelled and pushed the old man into the walls and smashed the pistol into his face, now his nose cracked and blood continuously flowing out from the deep cut.

 

“Why are you here? How did you find me?” The old man cried in pain and remained on his stumbled position with his sweaty back resting against the walls.

 

“I've been waiting for this day.” Jessica laughed evilly as she made another kick on the defenseless old man on the dirty cemented ground. “I will never forgive you, you who abused us and battered mom. I will make sure you'll die in this place and bring your corpse to your new family. I will let you taste the same pain you gave us and I will let your family cry just like how you made Soojung and mom cry! How dare you live a happy life while Soojung and I are suffering? You don't deserve to live!”

 

“Please don't…” The old man kneeled and yelps into Jessica's leg, hugging it tight asking for forgiveness. “Forgive me Sooyeon…”

 

“Forgive? Why? Did you listen to mom when she was asking you to stop beating her? Did you listen to her pleads before you sold us? Now tell me, where's mom?” Jessica became more wrathful as she tightly clenched on the old man's collar while her other hand with her gun is pointing at his temples.

 

“Your mom…” The old man sobbed. “She committed suicide a week after I sold you and Soojung. I found her dead in our room.”

 

Because of such frank revelation, Jessica's breathings eventually turned unstable, as if there's a steam coming out from her nose in line to gigantic fury, not just towards the old man but also to herself. She momentarily released the man from her grip and cried out loud from a short distance, banging her forehead against the walls and uncontrollably punching the sides with her bare hands. Because of such acts, blood became evident from her forehead and burst out knuckles.

 

“It's all because of you!” Jessica roared to her highest note of rage and returned back to the old man.

 

The confession that came directly from her abusive father activated her to reach her highest level of wickedness. She pulled the trigger and made an aimless shot, but the lucky old man dodged it for her first shot missed because of her shaking and unsteady arms.

 

“I'll kill you! I'll kill you!” Jessica's criminal mind is fixed on her wicked motive of killing the old man.

 

Everything around her turned black, everything around her turned into a distant space as darkness is now taking over her total humanity. With nothing but intent to kill and take revenge against her abusive father, Jessica's world closed down. Not until footsteps were heard running towards, the location to stop her from doing a grave sin.

 

“Jessica! Don't do it!” Tiffany shouted at once with the hope of waking the evil Jessica from reality.

 

“Drop the gun Sica!” Yuri followed up and ordered their underlings to surround her.

 

Krystal, for the first time, is witnessing the true evilness and darkness that has been resting inside of her sister. The sweet, loving and caring sister is nowhere to be found, only to be replaced by a demon with those evil looks on her. Krystal stepped back, watching the old man ready to be killed on the ground then she tripped on her own back steps, crawling to the back most of her companions.

 

“Take Krystal out of here. Sica might go wilder if she sees Krystal here watching this scene. We might not be able to control her if that happens.” Yuri ordered one of her underlings and so he carried the stationary Krystal away from the construction site.

 

Tiffany is almost the same as Krystal for she's witnessing a different side of her student, a form that she never imagined that Jessica could transform into. However, unlike Krystal who got weak on her knees and quaked in horror, Tiffany stayed strong and never diverted her worried gazes away from Jessica's firing eyes.

 

“Don't come!” Jessica roared louder and pointed the gun to Tiffany's stand where everyone is gathered.

 

Yuri at a fast pace covered the innocent Tiffany from Jessica's gun threat as she couldn't think of a way to calm her down and to release her from the darkness eating her wholly.

 

“I'll handle her.” Tiffany whispered to Yuri who was shocked from her words. “Please let me handle her.”

 

“Are you sure?” Yuri asked in concern and Tiffany gave her a nod of assurance. “I'm counting on you then.” She said then gave a way for Tiffany to make another intense eye contact with the evil ahead of them.

 

Tiffany stepped forward with an utmost c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter