Chapter 10: Rude Love

Corrupted Passion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 10 Rude Love

 

“Everyone says love hurts, but that is not true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Envy hurts. Everyone gets these things confused with love but in reality love is the only thing in this world that covers up all pain and makes someone wonderful again. Love is the only thing in this world that does not hurt.” – Liam Neeson.

 

That one rainy afternoon when the mafia underboss suffered from severe heartache, she let her fragile feelings and emotions carried away by her concerned sister, and her loyal right hand Yuri. Jessica was voiceless, silent and wordless throughout the night. Not anyone can speak freely to her, not anyone can approach her on that night as she locked and kept herself on her room, alone while pondering with her own rumbled emotions.

 

“Yuri, why is Jess like that? One of my men reported to me that you came back here with Krystal and Jess was crying. What happened?”

 

One that same night, Yuri was summoned at the mafia boss’ workspace within their mansion for a full report of the situation that he never seen from his own daughters. Yuri kept shut from the real reason behind Jessica's tears, instead she asked, “Parson my intrusion sir but why did you really send Jessica back to high school? I'm sure you're aware that school is not a place for someone like her and obviously, school is a place where students learn good things and good morals. If the only reason is to make her smart, we could have just handled that ourselves. So why, why did you send Jessica at such place?”

 

The boss laughed at her remarks, “As expected from you, Kwon Yuri. You're sharp as always.”

 

“It's not only me who has been wondering about it. Krystal is also questioning your methods.”

 

Opening his first raw drawer, he got a picture frame from it and showed it to Yuri who is standing tall across his table. In the frame is a picture of the sisters with the boss when they were officially adopted, the boss showing off their birth certificates with a huge genuine smile while the ragged Jessica is carrying the weak baby Krystal.

 

“That's our first family picture.” The boss started to reminisce the past and so the subordinate lend her ears. “Before we took that picture, I showed her how the world of mafia works and how she can save their tiny lives with me. That time, I didn't know how it feels like to be a father. I thought I can raise them up like how I was raised, like how a typical mafia would do. But then, I saw how Jess is taking care of Krystal and soon I regret that I couldn't show them the proper way of being a real father.  I wanted to raise them like any father would do, like going to malls and buy them toys and going on vacations but in the end, I became a useless father to them especially to Jessica and let her life be drown into darkness like I am. She was raised in the worst way. I regret letting her witness the wickedness of us.”

 

“Trying to fix her life again, you sent her to school.” Yuri predicted.

 

“I thought that's the only way for her. Honestly, I didn't want to pass my position to her but I have no choice, I have to meet the other's expectation of our clan. Sending her to school just to get the leader position is just an excuse. Truth to be told, I can appoint her anytime I want to but I have to lengthen the time by sending her to school and learn various things from there.”

 

“Why do you have to lengthen the time? What do you mean by that?”

 

“I'm sure you've heard of our members getting killed and some being captured by the authorities.” The boss said as he stood up from his seat.

 

“Yeah. Some of our men died and their corpse were directly sent to us while some were brought to the police and stated facts about us already.” Yuri replied.

 

“Another war between us mafias is forthcoming and the police are now getting clues and hints about our existence. So, as a father, I don't want both Jessica and Krystal be involve with this dispute.”

 

“Why don’t you tell all these things so that Sica would at least understand you as a father?”

 

“That girl won't listen to me unless I talk to her as her superior, as her boss and not as a father. But someday, she'll thank me for sending her to school and one day she'll realize things, bit by bit.” The boss smiled and Yuri could only stare at him astonished.

 

Krystal heard their conversation for she followed Yuri all the way to the boss' place and eavesdropped behind the closed door. She teared up from what she heard from their powerful foster father and felt sorry for her sister's life that turned into evilness. Leaving the place crying, Krystal finally understood the actions behind their foster father's strictness and tightness.

 

The heavy and continuous pour of rain temporarily stopped the next morning, leaving the ground wet and muddy. As messy as the surroundings is Tiffany's restless mind for her night turned sleepless from thinking of her student Jessica, who suddenly stormed out of her place. Tiffany tried her best not to assume anything from how Jessica acted but she failed, and now thinking that she's as hurt as her and as confused as her at the moment.

 

“I need to talk with her.” Tiffany exhaled deep while walking on the corridor going to her next class.

 

“Ms. Tiffany!” A student of hers is wearing their P.E. uniform came rushing and said as he panted, “Jessica collapsed! She was taken at the infirmary!”

 

Tiffany, without further explanations pushed her tired leg muscles, running all the way to the school’s infirmary with her high pointed heels on, passing from one building t another and breaking the school's regulation which stated that no one is allowed to run at the hallways and corridors. Nevertheless, Tiffany ignored all the eyes from the students she passed by.

 

“Jessica!” Tiffany immediately yelled the moment she opened the infirmary's door.

 

On a bed, there is the unconscious and pale Jessica with nurse Sooyoung attending her and her P.E. teacher Yuri on one side. With her panicky strides, Tiffany paced close to her student, scanning her figure until she made a contact with her forehead, finding out that she's burning in fever.

 

“She fainted during the P.E. class. If she told me that she's sick then I should have excused her from our activity and sent her home.” Yuri explained.

 

“I already informed the other faculties about her condition. She won't be able to attend any of her classes today. She needs some rest and call someone from her home to come and fetch her.” Sooyoung explained further for the worried homeroom teacher.

 

“I already informed Krystal about it.” Yuri followed up.

 

Jessica is slowly regaining her consciousness from the noises surrounding her weak body. “Where am I?” She asked, her headache buzzing her brain. Feeling a cold hand brushing her hair back, Jessica located where this hand is coming from and Tiffany's worried expression appeared to her clearer vision.

 

“Your homeroom teacher hurried here because she's worried for you. Make sure to thank her.” Sooyoung whispered to Jessica's glowing ears.

 

Jessica turned to her side, facing her back to her teacher and their heavy silence filled up the expansive infirmary. Disappointed of how Jessica acted, Tiffany glowered and Yuri noticed this avoiding game between them.

 

“C'mon Jessica, Tiffany is worried for you. Show some respect and thank her.” Yuri said but her words were ignored with another silent hot breathes puffing out from Jessica.

 

Tiffany frowned lower, “It's alright. She needs some more rest. I'll be back after my classes to check on her again if Krystal won’t be still here to fetch her.”

 

Tiffany left the infirmary unsatisfied and bothered at the same time while Jessica who is weakly lying down on the bed s her hands ono her chest, still feeling the same amount of heartache since yesterday. Groaning in pain under her pillow, Jessica cursed on Tiffany and Nichkhun's image that suddenly popped out on her burning brain cells.

 

“Until when will you avoid Tiffany?” Yuri asked in a whisper as she sat down on a chair placed near her bed.

 

“Until this heartache fades away…” Jessica answered under her pillow.

 

“Well unfortunately, that heartache won’t go away unless you’ll talk to her properly. If you keep on playing this game with her, the both of you will end up disturbed forever.” Yuri whispered for the last time before she went out of the clinic with Sooyoung to take care of her.

 

Jessica continues on groaning in heartache under her pillow combined with her severe fever and headache. She couldn’t take Tiffany off her mind, same goes for Tiffany herself for she couldn’t focus well with her classes throughout the hours as she keeps on thinking of Jessica who is obviously avoiding her since that day at her place.

 

“Jessica, your oh-so-worried homeroom teacher is here again.”

 

The chilling school nurse at her seat Sooyoung informed the spacing out Jessica, after all the classes were done and expecting that everyone has gone home. Jessica performed like nothing while Tiffany cautiously approached her with a bag of food.

 

“She said she already called her sister but she hasn’t come to fetch her yet.” Sooyoung sighed as she checked all the stocked medicines on the cabinet. “I’ll leave the two of you for a moment. I’ll just go and inform the principal about our out-of-stock supplies then purchase some from the nearby drugstore. Is that alright?” She then asked Tiffany.

 

“Ah yeah. I’ll stay here until her sister comes.” Tiffany nodded with an eye smile.

 

Sooyoung bowed the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter