Chapter 7: Painfully Desirous

Corrupted Passion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 7 Painfully Desirous

 

Feeling a pain while having a want to desire someone that doesn't belong to them, what is it called? Why do people this kind of pain? Is it a good thing, or is it a bad thing?

 

One Monday dawn, a time when the lazy evil Jessica is supposed to be having her deepest sleep, the study camp commenced. Together with her classmates and some teachers assigned to be with them the whole week, they arrived at their destination, the Japanese style inn located at the old small village. Everyone is having fun as they entered the inn welcomed by the caretaker, except of the mafia who is dozing off on her stand with her heavy loads of bags dangling on her shoulders. The cold breeze of dawn is making her sleepier that she couldn't stand steadily.

 

“You can go back to sleep once the teachers have settled the room assignments.” Yoona whispered to Jessica as she caught her from a free fall.

 

Jessica glared at the tall woman at her side and recalled how she barged in her room earlier than dawn just to wake her up from her deep and peaceful sleep.

 

“Sica-unnie! Wake up!” Yoona raided her room and dove on top of her.

 

“What the hell are you doing here? How did you enter my room? Who gave you the permission to come in?” Jessica roared and shoved off the heavy woman on top of her.

 

“I asked your father's permission beforehand and I got a spare key from Yuri-unnie.” Yoona said, showing the key on her index finger as she sat up on the bed.

 

“Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people here? They didn't even ask me. And why are you getting along with the boss? You guys are so annoying, invading my privacy and all!” The irritated mafia got out of her bed.

 

“C'mon unnie, don't you want to be my friend? It feels so good to finally call you unnie and it feels so comfortable now that I can talk to you without hiding anything!”

 

Acting like Jessica's girlfriend, Yoona freely roamed around her room while she was preparing and how stubborn she was to let herself to tie up Jessica's hair.

 

“Who the hell packed my things? What are these clothes? Pink? Blue? Green? These aren’t mine!” Jessica saw her prepared baggage on a seat and disgusted at its contents, taking everything off from its well-folded form.

 

“Yuri-unnie prepared those for you. She said you have to bring bright and teenage-looking like outfits so that they won’t suspect that you’re in mid-twenties unnie. It’s just for a week, bear with it.” Yoona said and forcibly put back the set of outfits on Jessica’s bag.

 

Recalling Yoona's acts irked Jessica, to the point she chilled down her spine by just thinking of the contents on her bag. But somehow she feels thankful to have Yoona to remind her of every single thing she has to keep in mind.

 

“By the way, why are you here? You're not even a teacher.” Jessica asked.

 

“I simply asked dad to tell the principal to include me for today. You know, I have to look after you like what our fathers asked me to do. I'm just worried that you might cause trouble especially we're out of school. Also, you're not even friends with any of your classmates, how can you live without me?” Yoona clearly stated as she teased with a smirk.

 

“Shut up. I have someone to look after me. It's Tiffa—“

 

Jessica was about to defend herself by proudly saying she has her homeroom teacher to chat with. However, she cut off her own words when Tiffany was seen with her fiancé talking with the inn's caretaker together with the other teachers.

 

“See? You only have me. Yuri-unnie can't come because she has to take over Nichkhun-oppa's classes for the whole week. Don't expect Tiffany-unnie to look only at you. She has the whole class to watch for.” Yoona said as she stabbed Jessica with a painful truth.

 

“You're right. Well thanks for coming.” Jessica sighed.

 

“Okay guys listen up.” A teacher called everyone's attention. “Rooms for male and female will be separated. Girls will occupy all rooms at the east wing of the inn, boys at the west wing. Per room can occupy maximum of four people. There's an empty space of this inn ahead of us and we will be using that as our classroom. Your class will start at eight o'clock and ends at noon. Your daily meals will be prepared by Yoona, our school's cafeteria caretaker. In the afternoon until dusk, you will have your extracurricular activities to be done outside this inn. We’re currently on a remote village. Everyone is free to go out however, make sure that one of us, your teachers will tag along with you and ask permission. No one is allowed to go by the top of the mountains, okay?” He oriented and everyone responded positively.

 

“So, we still have two hours to settle down ourselves before the class starts. Go find yourselves a room and pick your roommates.” Tiffany concluded the announcement with her eye smile to brighten up the mood.

 

Everyone started picking up their own roommates and some already made their way to settle down at their rooms. Knowing that no one likes to share a room with Jessica, Yoona volunteered herself to which Tiffany saw those linking arms together as they walk away together with all the girls.

 

“I didn't know those two are so close.” Tiffany mumbled then heaved a sigh while viewing the two's closeness from her position.

 

“I always see those two bickering like best friends at the school's cafeteria during breaks.” Nichkhun said and it caused Tiffany to raise an eyebrow.

 

“So? I don't care even if you say they are dating.” Tiffany coldly stated.

 

“What's wrong with you Fany? You sounded like a jealous lover there for a second.” Nichkhun joked and laughed by himself.

 

Jealous, that word hit Tiffany hard, so hard that as if there's hammer thumping on her chest and a little devil stabbing her heart with a fork. This change of expression from Tiffany didn't escape her fiancé’s eyes and wondered why she looked like that with a usual simple joke. Her face cannot be painted by any artist; it turned so bitter with a tint of sourness, and impossible to spell it out for a definite description of her face.

 

“Hey lovebirds! Stop talking right there and let's go too.” Their fellow teachers shouted at them.

 

“See you later.” Nichkhun said.

 

Tiffany didn't react and just walked away from him with her luggage. Nichkhun was unsure if she's just tired from the long travel, or she could have just forgotten to talk or if Tiffany intentionally didn't respond to him. Nevertheless, it hurts him, it hurts to think that their relationship is slowly drifting apart because of a reason that both of them are unsure of.

 

As soon as Tiffany reached the corridor of the east wing, there she saw Jessica and Yoona still searching for their room to share. Out of her whim and reflexes, Tiffany approached the two and interrupted their silly bickering and arguments.

 

“What's wrong? Is there anything I can do for you guys?” Tiffany professionally and formally asked them.

 

“Perfect timing unnie!” Yoona suddenly grabbed Tiffany's wrist then said, “Come share the room with us! We were actually looking for a roommate but everyone is scared of Jessica.”

 

“What?” Both Jessica and Tiffany act in response at Yoona's proposal and glared at each other.

 

“You have to come with us Tiffany-unnie. Our Jessica right here might ditch her classes and escape from this inn if there's no teacher to look after her, especially at night. I know you wouldn't let that happen.” Yoona winked.

 

Yoona pulled the two of them without waiting for their reply of approval from her plans that came out of the blue. Yoona picked the last room, the farthest room of the east wing without apparent reason at all. Inside the room are four Japanese futon beds prepared for them, a wooden cabinet and a small table with tea set on top. Opening the sliding window, the smell of a perspiring soil entered their small room and the mild wind that swayed the tall leafy trees caressed their morning hair.

 

“So refreshing!” Yoona said, enjoying all by herself at the opened windows.

 

Tiffany remains on her awkward position at a corner, staring at Jessica who is silently fixing her own futon bed on the cold floor for another round of her unfinished sleep that was disturbed by Yoona.

 

“Oh God, this is officially the second time that I'll be sharing a room with Jessica. Nothing will happen to us, right? Yoona is here, so I guess I'm safe from harm. Also alcohols and liquors aren't allowed here so I guess I'm safe with Jessica as one of my roommates. I just have to get through this for a week.” Tiffany thought and did this ‘fighting’ pose out of nowhere.

 

Jessica caught her from gazing so deep that her eyebrows furrowed but immediately looked away when she realized her own actions. “Why the hell is she staring at me like that?” Jessica then also thought and upraised an eyebrow because of her teacher's odd motions.

 

The study camp started off smoothly and for the first day, they wasted no time as classes kicked off at once. Teachers and students showed their enthusiasm with the activity but not for the lazy mafia. Jessica does her usual routine, attend the classes but never listens to any. All she waits for are the short breaks and lunch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter