Chapter 11: Embezzled Affection

Corrupted Passion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 11 Embezzled Affection

 

Theft is a sin, and so does stealing a heart and a love away from a healthy relationship. Though love comes in all forms, in different places and unpredictable times, it should only belong to one, solely devoting love into one and not dividing it with others. In the end, a person should only choose one whom it want to give this affection with, whom to share this greatest and most powerful feeling. Choose, the person who has been there to help oneself achieve its dreams, or the person who came into one’s life that changed its fate and let one feel so worthless without her?

 

Having a silence as answer to every question is considered as a 'yes', a positive answer. So having a silence from Tiffany from her fiancé’s question is a huge blow for Nichkhun himself. Her response was only a stare of terror, a terror of not knowing how to admit a hurtful truth.

 

“What's going on here?” From the other side of the road, Tiffany's mother was seen approaching and saw the couple standing far from each other. As she doesn't know anything of their situation, she happily said, “Oh Khun. You're here. Come in. I just came back from the countryside and I got some native foods. Why don't you join us?”

 

“I appreciate your invitation but I still have some things to do at home. I'm sorry but I have to go now.” Nichkhun said, politely declining the offer.

 

The man walked towards his fiancé for a goodbye kiss, but Tiffany avoided the lip contact and ended up with only a peck on the cheeks. This attitude caused more heartbreak to Nichkhun as he left their place.

 

On Jessica’s side is almost the same even during the weekend. Rather than having a happy and blissful thoughts as she finally got a score from Tiffany, Jessica stayed bland and wasn’t able to take a good night sleep.

 

“Unnie… hello~” Yoona waved her hands in front of Jessica who is spacing out as they’re having breakfast together at their mansion. 

 

“I heard you the first time.” Jessica sighed. “Why are you here anyway? I can’t remember inviting you here to spend your weekend with me.” She then coldly asked.

 

“Yah, don’t be like that unnie. Can’t I be worried for you? I heard you’re sick so I came here to check on you.” Yoona said with a moue.

 

“You didn’t have to come. I’m getting better now.”

 

“I also heard something new, about you and Tiffany-unnie.” Yoona smirked and Jessica blushed by the way she stated it, a chuckle with a bit of tease. 

 

“Seriously, where are you getting all those news? Krystal? Why the hell are you getting so close with everyone in this family?” Jessica remarked and turned away as she tried to hide her flushing cheeks.

 

“Because we’re friends.” Yoona laughed but then she asked earnestly, “So, how does it feel to have Tiffany-unnie’s love?”

 

“I felt so good and I couldn’t stop smiling like an idiot. The heartache stopped, the pain stopped and my heart was filled with contentment. But then I’m slowly feeling bad because I know that she’s engaged to a man who’s prepared to give her all. But then again here I am, stealing all his rights from Tiffany. It feels like I’m a thief who stole something so precious from a good person. Right now, I don’t know if being this emotionally attached to Tiffany is a good thing or not.” Jessica frowned and played with her morning coffee as she tried to express her inner thoughts.

 

“If she decided to end her relationship with Nichkhun and will choose you, will you be happy?” Yoona questioned and Jessica still shook her head as her feedback.

 

“I’m a mafia and she doesn’t know anything about me yet we’re showing off so much affection. I don’t even know if she’ll accept me once she’ll find out who I am and where I came from.”

 

“Why don't you tell her before her love for you gets deeper? Tell her everything about you.” Yoona suggested and Jessica replied nothing but silence.

 

When Monday came, Tiffany expected herself to be sick, but not as bad as Jessica. Occasional sneeze and coughs are coming out from her which worries her co-teachers. Some would ask why, and some would ask how she acquired it despite of being a physically fit woman with high resistance. Naturally, the teacher wouldn’t tell them freely that she kissed, almost ate, a sick student at the infirmary the past week so she lied to everyone using her unbeatable eye smile and a common excuse by saying she caught it from the weather.

 

“Hey Nichkhun, don’t you know that your precious fiancé is sick? Why aren’t you doing anything?” The staff said for Nichkhun was looking at her, dumbfounded of her condition.

 

“O-of course I’m aware of it.” Nichkhun lied and awkwardly smiled to everyone but not to Tiffany who averted to his gazes to somewhere else.

 

Sighing, Tiffany made her way out of the faculty room to evade any unnecessary doubts at them. She weakly stridden forward to the classroom with her colds and clogged nose making her feel worse. If back then, walking inside a classroom is just another daily typical routine, from this moment will be different for she will face one of her students who captured her heart away from her original lover.

 

“Good morning!” Tiffany greeted with her husky voice.

 

Jessica, from her seat, she glared at Tiffany’s weak figure and thought, “I knew it, she got sick from making out with me that time. We shouldn’t have done it there.”

 

“Sorry guys, it seems like I caught a cold because of this rainy season. Don't be like me and stay safe.” Tiffany said as she reminded the whole class. Moving on, she started the announcement, “Next week, we'll be conducting parent-teacher meeting since it's only a few months away before your graduation. Senior classes really have this kind of activity. As your homeroom teacher I have to ask and talk with your parents regarding your future plans after graduation. This is also to keep the strong rapport between us and strengthen the relationship among us. I have to talk with the boys' parents first next Monday then the girls' turn on Tuesday. All will be conducted after classes. So, all of you should participate in this meeting and inform your parents about this.” She said with a careful explanation.

 

“Really?” Jessica was alarmed by the announcement and suddenly jolted up on her seat, making the whole class to look up on her. Trying to regain her composure, she calmly went back to her seat and thought, “Damn, there's no way I'll let that old man come here. We're a group of mafia, everyone will just question us and doubt more of my real identity.”

 

“Right, I haven't met or even seen Jessica's parents. I wonder how they look like.” Tiffany also thought while looking at Jessica's anxious expression.

 

The continuous coughing and sneezes keep on coming out from Tiffany’s fragile body. Though her fellow workers asked her to take some rest and go back home, she followed no one and just keeping her day go on as she pushes herself to finish all her classes. During the lunch break, Nichkhun wanted to approach her and ask her to get lunch together by the school’s cafeteria, but he couldn’t for Yuri already asked her first.

 

“I noticed you guys aren’t talking much these days. Are you having marriage blues?” His colleague asked as he saw how he got frustrated from his failed attempt.

 

“Is this situation normal? I mean, does marriage blues really exist?” Nichkhun asked back.

 

“It depends. Normally, it doesn’t really happen if the two of you watch each other closely. Look at you two, it seems like you didn’t even know that Tiffany’s sick the whole weekend. It means you failed to eye on her and now this marriage blue kind of thing is happening. Don’t loosen up.” He encouraged.

 

Yuri, meanwhile, invited Tiffany for lunch on purpose. Together they headed to the school cafeteria and made way on a vacant table. They sat across each other and since it’s a rare occasion that Yuri invites her for lunch, Tiffany felt a little stiff and uneasy around her.

 

“So, how are you?” Yuri started the conversation with a usual sentence.

 

“I feel a bit better than this morning. I just take some more medicines after this lunch.” Tiffany said and showed her kit beside her platter.

 

“It seems like Jessica’s virus transferred to you after you looked for her at the clinic.” Yuri said, faking a laugh with her statement for she exactly knows what happened that afternoon thanks to Krystal’s big mouth.

 

Tiffany let out a timid and low laugh for her response and looked away as she took a gulp of her water. To avoid the topic, she then asked, “Ah. You said before that you’re Jessica’s neighbor, right? The parent-teacher meeting will take place next week. I’ve seen some of my students’ parents somewhere in the city. So, I’m curious. How do Jessica’s parents look like?”

 

“Why don’t you ask her yourself? She might give you a better and direct answer to that.” Yuri smirked.

 

“It’s kind of… uhh…” Tiffany hardly voiced out.

 

“Let me ask you Tiffany, how much do you know about Jessica? I just noticed that the two of you seem to be so close.” Yuri said as she finally found an opening to state her real motive from inviting Tiffany for lunch. It’s to interrogate her of her growing relationship with Jessica.

 

“How much… you ask…” Tiffany breathed and thinks for a while.

 

“I’ll keep this straight Tiffany. I actually invited you for lunch to talk about her.” Yuri said as she cut off Tiffany’s thoughts.

 

“What do you mean?” Tiffany glared and nervousness started hitting her delicate feelings and emotions.

 

Yuri first checked their surroundings and when she realized no one is close to their table and most

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter