Chapter 1: Born of the Wicked

Corrupted Passion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 1 Born of the Wicked

 

A child deserves to be loved the moment it’s born and a child’s first educators are its parents and home as its first school. A family is the first form of society that a child can revolve around, thus, it has to be kept sacred and sheltered. However, if this one poor little life has beheld evilness the second it gained consciousness of its environment, that is when darkness within thyself starts.

 

“Sooyeon, go back to your room and take Soojung with you.” The depressed and beaten mother cried.

 

Her malnourished six-year-old first daughter Sooyeon obeyed her mother half-hearted. She carried the crying baby from the old broken crib and took it with her to the room. As dark as the night starless sky, Sooyeon crawled onto her bed and embraced her baby sister tight. Hearing the creaking sound of their unlocked house door, she curled herself and kept her sister protected around her thin arms.

 

“We can get through this.”

 

“How? Huh? Tell me! Where can we get millions to pay our debts to the black market?”

 

Sooyeon shut closed her eyes as her battered mother’s shriek of agony echoing all over their tiny little house, the roar of fury from her father embedded into her small mind. The neighbors can hear their conflict loud and clear, but no one dares to help because of the fear and consequences they might get from the father’s wrath.

 

“It’s alright Soojung. I’m here.” Sooyeon hushed her baby sister from crying.

 

“It’s because I married a woman like you, my life turned miserable!” The father accused his wife over their misfortune and their poor little daughters heard him rumbling from the messed up house.

 

“Why are you blaming me for your sins? It’s you who spent all our remaining money from gambling at the black market! Because of you, our daughters are starving to death!” The mother tried to answer back and fight for their right, but received another heavy slap from it.

 

“Screw this life!”

 

Their father stormed out of their small dark home and left his famishing family. Sooyeon, with her baby sister, cautiously stepped out of the room and found their mother awful on the cold wooden floor, maltreated yet again. Sooyeon emotionlessly watches her mother crying, as the incident isn’t new to her anymore. It happens every day, and every single night.

 

“Here.” Sooyeon offered her mother a glass of water but was shoved away in return due to her stressed and weary emotions.

 

“Sorry Sooyeon. How I wish I could give you and Soojung a better life.” Her mother whimpered in apology.

 

Sooyeon picked up the broken pieces of kitchen wares scattered on the floor and said, “It's not your fault mom. It's alright. We'll get through this.”

 

When the night went deeper and the situation somehow settled, Sooyeon escaped from home, momentarily leaving her baby sister and her sleeping mother. She runs across the narrow and dark dangerous streets wearing her old knitted white dirty pajamas. With her small delicate bare feet and her cold freezing hands, she finally found her destination, the night hectic wet market.

 

“Here should be fine.” Sooyeon found a perfect spot for her amidst of the busy night marketers and active sellers.

 

Standing little in front of the passersby with a small empty can under her tiny hands, Sooyeon opened and started singing her favorite song. Her soft yet cold delicate voice is radiating in the night street and successfully grabbing the attention of some marketers. As she continues on singing and continuously reaching high notes, some put their small amount of help on her can and when she ended her song full of emotions, bills came to her. Until a wad of money was placed to her small can, Sooyeon looked up onto a rich man wearing black tuxedo and scary looking bodyguards around him.

 

“Thank you, mister.” Sooyeon bowed down.

 

“Go home little one. The night is dangerous for gorgeous girl like you. Where are your parents? Won't they get mad if you're out at night?” He asked and bent down into his knees to wipe away the stains of dirt on her face.

 

“I escaped.” Sooyeon wept over the rich man's kindness. “Dad left home and mom is harassed. I want to help them to pay our debts.”

 

“Debts?”

 

“Millions. I have to earn millions for them.” Sooyeon sobbed.

 

The rich man lent his red handkerchief to the howling little girl and said, “Poor little one.”

 

“Boss, we have to go. We'll be late for our next transaction if we stay longer here. Our source said Mr. Hwang arrived on the site with his money.” A bodyguard whispered to the rich man.

 

“Yeah. Let's go.” The man sighed and gave Sooyeon his last pat on the head before walking away from her.

 

Sooyeon watched them disappearing into the thick crowd and kept the money under her pajamas as she ran back home. No one knew she escaped that night, not even her mother who used to knock at her room at midnight. However, the next morning which Sooyeon thought will be a one fine day because of the huge amount she gathered the night before; it turned out to be one of the worst days of her life.

 

“Don't do it, please. I beg you.”

 

“This is the only way so that we can escape from this dejected life! Besides, your daughters have been giving us misfortunes since they were born. We don’t need them in our life!” The father yelled that caused the baby Soojung to cry on her crib.

 

From the room's door, Sooyeon heard her father said and saw how he smashed their mother's thighs with a piece of wood. Her father approached Sooyeon closer because of the loud gasp she accidentally made, and pointed a gun directly to her forehead which brought Sooyeon into paralysis.

 

“You, come with me! Take Soojung with you and do as I say!” Their father ordered and threatened his daughter with his loaded gun.

 

Sooyeon moved fast and hid the amount of money under her mother's pile of clothing before carrying Soojung around her arms wrapped with a thin white cloth. The mother couldn't do anything as much as she wants to stop her husband from mercilessly dragging out their poor daughters out of the house.

 

“Sooyeon! Soojung!”

 

Sooyeon turned back and saw her mother crawling out of their house on daylight. She forcibly released herself from her father's grip to help her mother up the dirty ground.

 

“What are you looking at?” Their father shouted at the neighbors and all of them shut closed their doors and windows instead of helping out the abused family.

 

“Mom, what have we done wrong? What is dad doing to us? Where is he taking us?” Sooyeon frowned at her pained mother.

 

“Sooyeon. Just remember that mom loves you and Soojung. Don't give up and keep fighting for your life. No matter what happens from here on, just remember that you, my precious daughters will always be in my heart. I love you.” The mother cried and gave her daughters her last squeeze and showered kisses.

 

“Let's go!”

 

The wild father dragged his daughters away and pushed them hard inside a black car that has arrived to their area. Sooyeon, through the black car's one way mirror, took a last glimpse of their mother who was left crying and painfully shouting at their names. Feeling the pain of her mother and the pain of an unloved wife, Sooyeon silently sobbed on her car seat, with Soojung sleeping by her lap.

 

“We've arrived at the exchange site. Make sure no one knew about this deal or else we'll kill you.” The man in black said.

 

“Don't worry. Just make sure you'll give me the money!”

 

Sooyeon and Soojung were led on an aband

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter