Truth

Cupid of love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One night after dinner, kyungsoo and namjoo were in the room studying for the exam. Kyungsoo would touch her instead of studying which earned a smack on his head. “I want to do it again’ is clearly written on your face. You really are a ert” mocked namjoo while he laughed nervously “Then why don’t we??” he said but was interrupted earning another smack on his head “And what will you write in the exam? This is our final exam D.O. Please be serious. We have to graduate right?” she explained and he could only pout. “There will be a reward if you pass” she whispered giving him a hope which made him cheer up and grin. They concentrated on their studies. It was midnight when someone knocked the door continuously. He opened the door only to find ji hyo outside sweating. “What happened?” he asked worried. “Your son” she said. Kyungsoo panicked “Ryu!!” he shouted dropping the book in his hand and rushed outside while namjoo followed. They saw him lying near the stairs with blood around him. Namjoo fell on her knees watching that “L….ulu” she shivered. Kyungsoo trembled and picked the baby in his arms “Ryu….open your eyes….ryu…doctor….namjoo let’s take him to the hospital….namjoo!!!” he called her. Namjoo controlled herself and rushed outside with him.  They took him to the nearby hospital and the doctor checked him up. He came out after a while and both rushed to him noticing that. He assured he was not hurt “Looks like somebody played a prank as baby is completely fine. Still we will take some tests to ensure he is safe” he said. The whole family was there. After entering the room, ryujun opened his eyes “Mama…dada” he said cheerfully. Namjoo and kyungsoo teared up and hugged him feeling relieved. Kyungsoo gently searched for his wound but there was none. Granny came running towards them “Thank goodness he is fine. He was not in his bed when i returned from the bathroom”. Kyungsoo enraged “Whose prank was that? Answer me” he yelled. Namjoo calmed him down “D.O, let’s go. Please” she said trembling. He had to obey her. They reached home and everyone left to their rooms silently. It was obviously sukjin and jihyo’s plan to throw them out of this house, first plan was to scare them. Namjoo hugged the baby in her arms tightly. She put him to bed and laid down beside him. Kyungsoo pulled her into his embrace “I will not forgive her or was it him?” he said suspecting irene and jimin but namjoo was silent among that “It is not her and neither him…..it is someone else” she thought. Both couldn’t sleep at all. She suggested him to sleep and told she will keep an eye as she was frightened and took care of the baby the whole night.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………….................................................................................

 

It has started, the plan of throwing them out has begun. The number of tricks increased. Namjoo was tortured at home while kyungsoo at his office. Luckily they were saved everytime. Both wondered what was happening suddenly. Namjoo met jimin in the garden. Ignoring him she was walking forward but he stopped her. He bowed and apologized for his behavior, saying that he was ashamed for his act. She forgave him and questioned “Who is the girl in the picture?” she asked carefully. Jimin teared up “Shin hye….my girlfriend…was my girlfriend. She died in a car accident. Actually only i was saved. Only if i died along with her” he said squatting down in the grass sobbing. Namjoo felt sorry but surprised watching ryujun touching his head telling him not to cry. Jimin hugged ryujun and cried “I love her so much ryu. Shinhye, I miss you” he muttered. Namjoo was touched watching ryujun wiping jimin’s tears “I wonder why he cares so much about him?” she thought. Jimin wiped his tears and kissed the baby’s cheeks “I am sorry, when i first saw you i thought i watching shinhye. You look like her but that day when you said you are namjoo not shinhye. I realized what i was doing was wrong. How can i do it to my brother and his wife? Not when they have such a cute baby” he expressed. Namjoo could not understand what words of comfort she should use as the person he loved would never come back. She feared the thought of not seeing kyungsoo anymore. “I am sorry because of me…”’ she said but was interrupted “No…thank you because of you i realized that i was still living in the past” he said. Namjoo thought she needs to reject him “I am sorry. I can not return your feelings. I know it was not for me originally but still” she said. He nodded “I understand”, got up and left after handing over the baby.

Meanwhile, irene apologized to kyungsoo “I am leaving this house kyungsoo” she said while he ignored her and left. Namjoo who happened to witness this felt sympathy towards her. She spoke to kyungsoo and convinced him to talk to her and reject her clearly so she can move on like how she did with jimin today. She explained what all he said to her “She still loves you D.O” she said sadly. Kyungsoo agreed to her request and knocked her door. Irene was surprised watching him. She was so happy that her eyes welled up “Sorry…I am sorry for everything. I was ashamed of what i did to you in the past. I know my apology is not enough for what i caused you but still” she reasoned. Kyungsoo forgave her and patted her head “I am sorry for the harsh words i used but irene you need to move forward. I did too. Find a nice man and start a new life. I am sorry i can’t return your feelings” he explained. Irene nodded “I understand….You are lucky kyungsoo you met a good girl like namjoo. She sent you to talk to me right. I hope i will find a partner who understands me too. Thank you for everything” she said. Namjoo joined them as saw her bags “You are really leaving?” she asked irene sadly. “What are you not satisfied? Do you want me to trouble you more?” she teased. They laughed together. Irene bid farewell and left the house.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….......................................................................

 

There were only few days left for the exams. Namjoo, who was studying for the exams in the study room, was disturbed when the door shut suddenly. Frightened she got up and walked towards the door but saw nobody around.  She was sure something was wrong in this house.  Kyungsoo faced a similar suspicion when the hospital called their house regarding ryujun’s reports but he remembers clearly giving his number.  His suspicion got confirmed when he received a package in his company. On opening the package his forehead furrowed “Namjoo, ryu and who is this guy?” he said glancing at the photograph. Not only that, he got a video messages where ryujun was calling that person dad “Oh my god” exclaimed kyungsoo and called namjoo immediately.

Namjoo didn’t pick up the phone just to . On noticing he was calling again and again she picked it up urgently “D.O??”. “Where were you?” he asked clasping his hands in nervousness. “Me?? I am at a store with lulu. Why?” she replied relaxedly. His eyes darted “Listen….take ryu right now and leave to the house and yeah don’t step out of the house okay?” he warned. “Okay but what’s the matter? You sound troubled” she asked puzzled by his tone. “It is not the time to ask these things. Go immediately” he requested.  Something must have happened or else he wasn’t such a person is what she thought and followed his advice.  Kyungsoo didn’t mention anything about the parcel he received instead said he had a nighmare where namjoo and ryu were in trouble. Namjoo chuckled saying he was a scaredy cat.

Next day, came another storm, another trick of jihyo and sukjin. They held ryujun’s hospital reports in their hands and gathered attention. “Oh there is dna report too” said sukjin smirking. Namjoo’s eyes went round thinking they will discover the baby’s truth. She immediately caught kyungsoo’s hand shaking in fear. She noticed he was rather calm. Sukjin opened it and his plan reversed. Kyungsoo asked innocently “What is wrong?”. “Huh? Nothing…what is there to see of course he is your son” he said handing over the reports. Granny and namjoo felt relieved but were utterly confused as to what happened. They held a secret meeting, there kyungsoo revealed he changed the reports at the hospital after he got informed by jungkook, the lawyer. “But who would do that?” she asked and he shrugged his shoulders.  After granny left he asked showing the pictures he received “Who is he?”. Namjoo’s eyes went round “Taehyung?? He is taehyung, we met a few days ago but who would take a picture of us” she asked. He glared “I didn’t ask his name. I asked who is he?”. Namjoo giggled and pinched his cheeks “So cute, you are jealous? He was my ex boyfriend in school” she said showing her teeth. “Boyfriend?? You had a boyfriend…Am i not your first boyfriend?” his mouth fell wide open.  She laughed nervously “No…but its okay we did not do anything. Hey, my first kiss was with you and my…umm….first time” she said shyly looking at her feet. “Fine…” he said sulking. She found it adorable and kissed his cheek to make up.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………............................................................................

 

Another day, kyungsoo was busy on the phone discussing about work while namjoo and ryujun were playing in the garden. Suddenly, a flower pot almost fell on his head. Luckily namjoo saved him. When they looked up there was nobody there. She felt odd as it was purposely thrown at him. There was one time when kyungsoo and ryujun’s lives were in danger when they slipped on the stairs due to oil. Kyungsoo luckily caught the railing for balance and both were unhurt. Namjoo and granny who witnessed this almost had a heart attack. Both were definitely suspicious of things going around in this house but were unable to point out whom, the reason because everybody in the house would be present there at the time of the accidents. Along with these accidents, the pressure of exams troubled them. For their future and career they need to perform well and they couldn’t sacrifice their studies for these things at all.

Namjoo couldn’t further investigate the matter as their exams arrived. Both kyungsoo and namjoo worked hard. With namjoo’s notes kyungsoo could follow up with the class and did well in his exams. Though namjoo’s mind was filled with the thoughts of finding the truth she still did her best in the exams. While, they both were busy jimin and granny took care of ryujun in their absence. They were thankful for them.  With that the exams came to end.  Kyungsoo ignorant of the truth asked namjoo “Let’s go on a date”. Namjoo was inattentive as many things were going on in her mind. He shook her hand “I said let’s go on a date. What are you thinking? Is it about my reward?” he grinned. Namjoo snapped “Huh? You are unbelieveable” she frowned. “What? You were the one who said that” he argued. “I am not giving you any regard” she said sticking her tongue out and escaped before he could catch her. “Liar!!” he sulked.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………..........................................................................

 

The next morning, kyungsoo took a leave saying he doesn’t have any work at office today which namjoo found quite suspicious. She tried to link with the things happening around. She suspected it might be jihyo who is after the incidents as she recollected how jihyo encouraged her to leave kyungsoo. Her doubt comfirmed when she heard her talking “Why are they still not going??” hissed jihyo. Sukjin calmed her down “Its okay dear, what if irene left the house. We can still throw the so called kyungsoo and his family out. If nothing works out we will finish them” he said laughing evilly. Sweat ran down her spine listening to their words. Before they could sense her she sneaked into a room which happened to be kyungsoo’s father’s room.  Her legs gave in as she was frightened which resulted in a picture to fall down. Wondering whose picture it was she picked it up and it happened to be the photograph of kyungsoo’s father with a woman “Who is she? His first wife? Or kyungsoo’s mother?” she thought.  “Wait a minute, why were we suddenly brought into this house and what i heard earlier. There is definitely a link between these two” she muttered and went through the things in the room.

After going through various things she found his diary, photographs and letters. What shocked her was they were all hidden beneath a secret compartment in the cupboard. It was dangerous to look at it so openly so she sneaked out of the room, hiding the items she got. Unfortunately she met sukjin and jihyo, luckily she hid it well. Finding an opportunity she slammed her room door. Hurriedly she went through the things she found. Rummaging through his diary she read the events he wrote and everything was about kyungsoo’s mother “Jung soo bin….so kyungsoo’s mom’s name was that” she muttered. Her lips turned up reading how much he loved her. Upon further reading she realized he was in a contract marriage before but it was just in name. He didn’t even see his first wife. fell wide open “What?? Oh my god” she exclaimed.  What she read further was beyond her imagination.

 

December 12, 1992

I promised soo bin that i am going to break this marriage contract so i came to meet father. I was so happy, i spoke to father about this and he accepted to my request. He told me he will approve of my marriage with soobin and said he wants to meet her. He helped me end the contract of marriage with the girl. I was so happy but why did my happiness end like this. Wasn’t today supposed to be happy day then why did father end up on the hospital bed and took his last breath. He was so happy today when he called me on phone delivering the news of my marriage contract ending but his call ended abrubtly. I heard he met with an accident. My dad passed away. I wished he would meet her and give us his blessings. That wasn’t everything, i found out the accident was preplanned.It was a murder.

Namjoo’s eyes flickered and was dry “No…way” she muttered and read the next entry but the pages were empty “Eh?” she thought flipping the pages.

She closed it hurriedly and took a letter which was placed along with it. When she was about to open it somebody tapped the door. Her heart almost jumped out of her body. She quickly hid those and opened the door. Kyungsoo smiled “Hey” and kissed her cheek “Why are you so shocked?” he asked. She shook her head. After he went to bathroom she thought “Should i tell him? but…no….i need to look at everything first and then tell him” she thought. She decided to hide the truth from him.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………............................................................................

 

It was afternoon, namjoo send kyungsoo and ryujun out so that she could further investigate alone. She found an old letter addressed to kyungsoo’s father and the addressee was “Jung soo bin…D.O’s mom” she muttered. She read the letter and felt depressed.

To,

 Lee kwangsoo

My love, I am writing this letter to ask you for forgiveness. I was baffled when i heard you met with an accident. When i arrived to meet you and saw you seriously injured my heart sank. I wanted to meet you but your brother and sister in law did not let me in. They insulted me saying that i was poor and was after your property. I begged and ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter