Where Are You?

STEPHANIE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8. Where Are You?

“Stephanie Kwon Miyoung. Thirteen years old. Skinny. About 150 cm in height. Last seen at school today around 11 a.m. I'm sending you her picture via Detective Kim's phone now.” Bambam talked to the phone while I toweled my hair dry. Taeyeon was still on the couch, writing rapidly on a sheet of paper.

“Yes. Please do that, alert every patrolling officers. But please keep it under the radar, Donghae-ssi. This is a nonofficial search until we can issue a missing-child alert. ” Bambam sat beside Taeyeon. The latter pointed at the paper and Bambam talked on the phone while reading Taeyeon's handwriting. “The girl was last seen in white polka dot shirt, pink padding, black skirt and grey- What is this, noona?”

“Leggings. Pants” Taeyeon answered, still writing.

“Pants. Yes. Grey pants. Thank you Donghae-ssi. We owe you this one.”

“So,” Bambam sighed. “Are there any reason why Stephanie's running out?”

“She's not running out.” Taeyeon seemed angry. “Our Stephanie is not that kind of girl.”

“I'm sorry. I meant, the security guard at her school did inform you that she left in a car right?”

“No.” My wife had her hands crossed across her chest now. “The guard told me that he had let Stephanie out because she waved at someone in the car outside the gate. He thought it was Jiyong, picking her up. He couldn't tell if Stephanie actually left in the car or not.”

“We have to wait 24 hours until we can file a missing-child report but Captain Lee Donghae and his men will help us as best as they could.”

“I need them to search these places first.” Taeyeon handed the paper to her friend. “Those are the places she knows. Malls, amusement parks, museums, friend's house she ever visited and all. I have also listed Stephanie's physical features along with our phone numbers to make the search easier.”

My wife was good at her job. I had known about it since our first meeting. Watching her worked efficiently with her co-worker like this made me feel a little less worried. Taeyeon and her many friends would be able to find our daughter soon.

Bambam left shortly after we discussed a few other important things like Stephanie's daily habit and how much money she might had with her at the moment. We considered every possibilities and it dreaded me so much when Bambam openly mentioned abduction and such.

“I'll cook something for us.” I left the couch, aching to do something else but sitting in fear.

“I don't think I can eat, Ji.”

Her words didn't stop me. I whipped up a quick meal of chopped bacon and tofu soup and brought a full bowl to her. Holding up a spoon of the soup, I tried to smile at my obviously distracted wife “Eat. You need the energy.”

She ate slowly and stopped after a few spoons. Her face paled so I immediately stood up and put the bowl on the coffee table, ready to help my wife walk to the sink in case she needed to throw up again.

“I'm okay.” She held up her hand. “No more soup though.”

“Crackers?”

She shook her head. “Tea and my medicine, please.”

I brought the items to the table, helping her taking the meds before lying her head on my lap. Her eyes brimmed with tears when she looked up at me.

“What have we done wrong, Ji? Why do this happen to us?”

“Let's just pray for the best, baby.” I rubbed at her temple. “Sleep. You've spent all day being r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter