Epilogue : Hi, Taeyong.

STEPHANIE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Epilogue

Hi, Taeyong.


 

“Where's mom?”

It was 2 a.m in the morning when Tiffany walked, or rather waddled, into the study.

I was in the middle of finalizing the designs for G-Dragon's S/S collection on my laptop but turned around to face my daughter anyway. “In a crime scene somewhere in Gangnam. She's got a sudden call. Why up so late? Hungry?”

“No.” She ran a hand across her protruding stomach. “Are you busy?”

“A little. But I can always whip a quick meal for you.” She got hungry often these days. Time like this was the very reason why Taeyeon and I had insisted on Tiffany staying with us while Seunghyun was away. We wanted to make sure that there was always someone around to take care of our pregnant daughter. “Spaghetti, sandwiches, or both?”

“I'm not hungry. I need someone to drive me to the hospital.”

I eyed my daughter. The cogs turned in my head. And when my brain finally put two and two together, I jumped up from my seat. “Holy !”

“Watch the swear word, Dad.” Her hands were on both sides of her stomach now. As if the act could protect her baby from hearing me cursing.

“Tiffany? You......Now?” I grabbed at my own hair, starting to panic. This shouldn't be happening right now. Not when both her mother and her husband were not around.

“Yes, Dad. Now.” She grimaced. Her hands grasped the edge of the table. Her hissed breath almost made my heart jumped out of my throat.

I needed to call Taeyeon. I had to alert the hospital. And Seunghyun, why did that brat choose this day to film a CF in Jeju?

Bags, bags needed to be packed too. What should I bring? Tiffany's clothes? Baby clothes? Hot water bottle? What?

“Dad! Stop walking around. You make me feel dizzy.”

“Right.” I stopped myself from pacing the room. “Sorry.”

“Take me to the hospital, please.”

“Okay. Hospital.” I tried to think of what to do next. “Car! Keys! We need keys. Where's my car keys?”

“Oh God.” My daughter groaned as she sat on the chair I had previously occupied, her hands grabbed my arms. “Dad, you need to stop yelling and pacing around. I need you to calm down.”

I froze, my gaze darted around the room.

“Look at me, Dad.”

Mustering every ounce of power in me, I looked at my daughter. That was when I realized how pale she was. Sweats beaded on her forehead and her lips quivered. I should be stronger for her. I should recollect myself together.

“Focus, please. I need you. Your grandchild needs you. Don't worry about the keys, they are all always in the bowl by the TV , remember?”

I nodded, but still felt like I'm about to scatter into pieces in panic.

“Breathe in. Breathe out.” She ordered and I followed her lead, feeling stupid but actually started to get calmer.

“I have bags packed in my room. Bring the pink and the small blue ones downstairs, okay?”

I nodded again. “Do we need to call your mom?”

“Later. Let's focus on getting to the hospital ASAP. My water hasn't broke anyway.”

“Your what?”

“Focus, Dad. Go get the bags.”

I came downstairs with two bags in hands Just in time to see Tiffany hunched over the couch, breathing heavily.

No one trained me for this. She was supposed to give birth in April for God's sake. I was supposed to conveniently wait at home for my grandchild  while Taeyeon and Seunghyun handle everything.

I dragged the bags, came closer to my pained daughter. I had no actual idea of what best to do, but I guessed rubbing her back wouldn't result in nuclear explosion anyway. I moved my palm against her back, up and down as soothingly as possible.

“My doctor doesn't answer my call.” She heaved, eyes gleaming with tears.

“It's okay. We'll just go to the hospital.” I tried to smile. “Let's go.”

She nodded, holding onto my arm as we move slowly for the door.

“Dad...” She called my name as I reached for the keys.

“Yeah. I'm ready. Let's get you to the car, sweetheart.”

“You don't have any pants on.”

“Pants?” I looked down, immediately noticing that I only h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter