Path to Love 3

Path to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chen! I'm kind of in a rush so I have to leave. You can introduce me later! See you later!" Xiumin dashed out from the situation. He hid behind a wall with large deep breaths. He didn't expect to actually meet Chen's girlfriend. He started walking back home feeling embarrassed with a little bit of disappointment.

~~~ 

He closed the door silently not to wake Luhan who he thought was asleep already. He tiptoed toward the bathroom. 

"Xiumin, I know you're there." He got off the bed and the light. Crossing his arms he asked, "where were you?" 

Xiumin didn't know how to respond. It took him couple minutes to finally answer. "I was out for some food... I needed a break from college food." 

Luhan knew he was lying. "What did you eat?" He tried catching Xiumin. 

"You know just the regular." Xiumin said as an excuse. He rubbed his neck toward Luhan. "I'm tired. I'm going to get ready for bed. You should go to sleep." He rubbed Luhan's redish orangish hair and walked toward the bathroom.

Luhan gave him this suspicious look. He heared the door shut and laid down on the bed. He closed his eyes and fell into sleep.

Xiumin brushed his teeth and suddenly the moment he didn't want to remember appeared in his head. He tried shaking his head and slapping his face but it didn't work. He then finished brushing his teeth and washed his face. After he finished he silently closed the door and approached his bed. Finally sleep. That was all he needed to forget the day.

~~~

The next morning Xiumin woke up and noticed Luhan already left. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the window. The sun rays were shining through hitting his floor. He got up and went toward the bathroom. To him today was just a regular day forgetting everything that happened yesterday. Xiumin walked toward the living room and sat on the sofa facing the television. 

*ring* *ring*

"Hello?" Xiumin picked up his phone.

"Xiumin?... This is Chen." Xiumin dropped his phone and then did not move an inch until he heard Chen say his name five more times. He picked up his cell phone.

"U-Umm... H-i hi Chen. What is it?" Xiumin was anxious but he had to keep his cool. 

"I was wondering if you would like to practice today since it's Saturday." Chen suggested which made the muscles in Xiumin tense up.

"Uh, I-I-I..." Xiumin stumbled on what to respond. He just remembered what happened yesterday. His day was going fine until Chen called him. "Wait... Aren't you hanging out with your girlfriend today?..." He knew this question would hurt him.

"Oh, she has a lot of work to do. We planned to meet up tomorrow." Chen was surprised to hear Xiumin talk about his girlfriend. "You should come with us! Then you guys can meet each other!"

Xiumin knew that was dumb of Chen to suggest that. He didn't want to be the third wheeler and also going on a date with them would be weird since... Xiumin shook his head. "I'm good. Tomorrow is my day to sleep in."

"Then that means today is the day you go out and do stuff." Chen just caught Xiumin. "Well, since it's today why don't you come over." 

Xiumin just hit a wall. "O-o-okay. I'll be there in a bit...." He didn't want to do this at all! 

~~~

Here he was yesterday, standing outside of Chen's house. *ring* *ring* 

Chen looked out of the window. He saw Xiumin in front of the gates. "Xiumin! You didn't tell me you were already outside. I'll open the gates." Chen hung up.

Outside, the gates started pulling apart. This was it, Xiumin was going to be in Chen's house again. He didn't expect to be in this house again. He walked through the entrance toward the house. Chen was walking toward him. 

"Xiumin!" He gave Xiumin a brother hug and turned toward the house hanging his arm across Xiumin's shoulders. "You can go to my room while I get us some snacks." 

Xiumin looked up the stairs and took a big gulp. He then walked up the stairs toward Chen's room. 

Chen walked into the kitchen. Jaeun was drinking water while suspiciously smiling. "Why are you smiling?" 

"Who's over?" She asked even though she knew who it was.

"Xiumin." Chen got out the cut out fruits and some biscuits. "You know, he likes you." 

"Me?..." Jaeun asked confused. "Are you sure it's me or is it you?" 

Chen took a hold of both Jaeun's cheeks making her scream in pain. "Does it look like we have a thing? We're just doing an assignment together." Chen finished cutting and brought it up. He opened the door to Xiumin who was doing nothing and just staring around. He walked in and put the snacks on the table. 

Xiumin was watching every action Chen did. He felt very awkward to be in Chen's room again... 

"Do you know what song we should sing together?" Chen asked sitting next to Xiumin on the bed. 

Xiumin didn't know what song to sing. He didn't even want to talk to Chen. 

"Let's sing..." He rubbed his chin then suddenly something clicked! "Person Love!" Chen walks up to his computer and started playing it. 

"geudae naege dagaonayo..."

"You can sing the girl part and I'll sing the boy part. Will you be okay with that?" Chen suggested looking at Xiumin. 

Xiumin didn't moving a sign. Then he nodded. 

Chen put his hand on his chin and scooted the chair with wheels toward Xiumin. Now he was in front of him looking at him but Xiumin wasn't looking at him. "Is there something wrong? If you don't want to do this song then we don't have to. Or is it some other business bothering you?..."

Xiumin knew he was too obvious. He had to tell Chen... "... Nope. I was just about to say how nice the song was." He finally said words to Chen. 

Chen backed up and went back to the computer. "Okay, then it's final. Do you want to work on it now or are you busy?" 

Xiumin sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter