Chapter 9

So Lucky To Have You

Both of them liked working together and what was weird for others they enjoyed working. None of them admit it was only because of the time they were spending together. But that sunny day Hyemi and Hoseok weren’t happy they had to be at work. He was still confused and didn’t want to see that guy again especially next to Hyemi, and she wanted to spend more time with Kyungil.

 

Hyemi was a bit late and when Hoseok saw her he was more depressed. The reason could be funny but it was all because she looked more tired then ever. The day before they ended ealier than usually so theoretically she had more time to sleep but in fact she went home with that Kyungil. And seeing her so tired made him think they did something that even thinking about it made him angry. He recall the view of Hyemi and Kyungil and shook his head to forget it.

 

‘What are you doing?’ amused Hyemi was standing right in front of him but her voice sounded a bit strange or it was him?

 

‘Nothing.’ he mumbled trying not to sound rude

 

‘Can we switch? I think I’m going to die.’

 

‘Why?’

 

‘I got period cramps and it hurts like hell.’ In that moment on Hoseok’s face was bright smile. His thoughts about their (Hyemi and Kungil) night completly dissapeared. If she’s on her period she wasn’t able to do something with blonde guy, right?

 

‘Sure. I’ll do everything and you just stay here and don’t do anything.’

 

‘Ummm, thanks? I’m grateful but you know, I’m not really dying.’

 

‘’I’ll take care of everything else.’ He said leaving her alone.

 

The day before when together with Kyungil reached home she felt pain, after supper it was worst. She couldn’t sleep and because of her Kyungil also didn’t sleep trying to make her feel better. Once in a while her period cramps made here feel like dying and it was that time. No medicine could help and it was the worst. She was crying from pain making Kyungil’s shirt all wet. She fell asleep just because she was tired from crying and after a while Kyungil woke her up and drived her to work. She looked and felt like a zombie and all she had to do was survive 8.5h in here and then could dying at home.

 

Before she came to Hoseok she noticed he was… angry? She’d never seen him angry but it looked like that and she wondered what was the reason of that. She wanted ask but his sudden change from angry to sweet man made her forget.

 

Hoeok was doing everything to let her rest but she had lots of work, there were lots of customers and both of them were busy. The crowds were gone after 3.5h when Hoseok was about to die and Hyemi’s legs were hurting more than cramps.

‘How do you feel?’ Hoseok were truly worry about her and if he could he would let her rest or go home. No, go home not because there could be Kyungil.

 

‘There were so much people that I didn’t have time to think about my pain. And now my legs hurt more than tummy.’

 

‘Can I ask you something?’ He was thinking about it ealier but there were no chnce for him to ask and take this opportunity they were alone he wanted to ask he about thing what bothered him. Part of him didn’t want to know the answer but that curious one was stronger.

 

‘Sure.’

 

‘Hello.’ Said customer before Hoseok opened his mouth. He said ‘later’ to Hyemi and left.

Hyemi was curious what question he wannted to ask her. Usualy he wanted to go out with her but something told her it wasn’t a thing he wanted to know. When customer came to cash register he started smiling to her what was quite uncomfortable.

 

‘You’re really pretty.’ He said out of blue and she thanked him with smile not knowing what more could she say. ‘Can you give me your phone number?’

 

‘Unfortunately not.’ she smiled apologetically at him hoping he would leave her alone.

 

‘I understand, such pretty girl can’t be single.’ he took his bag and smiled last time ‘Goodbye.’

 

She had lots of proposing like that ealier that was the reason she didn’t like to be a casher. Especially after 8 pm when drunk guys tried to hitting on her, ask for date etc. When she was working with Hoseok she wasn’t that afraid but when she had worked with girls she had been scared. After work she was going home alone, it was late and not so many people were on the streets and rejecting the proposal  sometimes were scary. She didn’t want to be , killed or something just because she didn’t want to go out with someone.

 

She called Hoseok and went to restroom and after she reminded he wanted to ask her something.

 

‘Did I?’ He wasn’t that sure if he should ask her. But on the other hand what if he would be too late if didn’t ask? ‘Ohhh, about that.’

 

‘So, what’s your question?’

 

‘I’d like to ask you who...’

 

‘Hello~’ Once again someone interupted him but this time he was angry. Not because it was second time but because it was Kyungil. More dressed than last time but still too muscled. ‘I have some food for you.’ He said while hugging little Hyemi. Why little? She was skinny and in his broad arms she looked like a child.

 

‘I’m going to clean up the mess in warehouse.’ Hoseok said to avoid looking at them. He was sitting on the floor thinking about Kyungil. What had he what Hoseok didn’t have?

Height?

Kyungil was taller but he was sure it wasn’t because of his height.

Muscles?

Hoseok had too maybe not that much visible but nice looking arms, abs, back… He didn’t look like tofu so it wasn’t that too.

Personality?

She was spending lots of her time with Hoseok so she had to like him.

Automatically he thought about Yoongi. Both Yoongi and Kyungil had blonde hair.

 

‘Should I dye my hair?’

 

‘Why should you?’ He jumped when heard Hyemi behind him. ‘Boss called, tomorrow we had day off.’ She was about to leave but turned back ‘Don’t dye your hair, I like you in brown.’

 

He was staring in the spot when she was standing with stupid smile. But his mind didn’t like it and decided to remind him about Kyungil. How could she said something like that when she was with that guy? Actually he wasn’t sure if they were in relationship but everything seemed so. Hoseok believed she wasn’t that kind of girl but he had no chance to ask her. Actually he had but he  was to scared of her answer. He was prying for Kyungil not to be her boyfriend.

 

The time when she had been with Yoongi hadn’t been that hard for him like seeing her with Kyungil. Maybe it was because of his complex, Hyemi’s reaction when she saw him or just because he considered him as a rival. He just had to think of the way to win her heart, to make her smiling like to that guy. Maybe it wouldn’t be easy but he wanted her to be his. Not because someone else wanted her but because he wanted her more than ever.

 

Hyemi was alone while her coworker was in the warehouse. She was thinking why he wanted to dye his hair. In fact she really liked his hair, then he shaved sides and he looked better if it was even possible. Yoongi had blonde hair, Kyungil too and it made him special. Actually Kyungil looked really good in blonde but he also look good almost in everything. Even if they were different there were a few things they had in common not only iness or great body. But she knew there was one big problem and she had to resolve it somehow.

 

She was over Yoongi, they didn’t contact or meeting each other. She knew from Taehyung that he was with that girl but he didn’t care. If he chose that girl she had nothing to do about it. It was painful at first and she spent about week crying at night but she had known it wouldn’t change anything. She had been crying and he had had fun with his new girlfriend she didn’t even want to think what kind of fun they had. Her heart was broken and she needed time to put its pieces together and she would never suppouse it would heal so quick.

 

‘What are you thinking about?’ Hoseok came to her a few minutes before closing.

 

‘Life.’

 

‘Ooo, how deep.’

 

‘The longest I think the more aware of being old I’m. A few years ago my only problem was that I couldn’t go out or didn’t know what to wear. Now everything is more complicated, even easy things become difficult. I’d like to be a child once again.’

 

‘Are you drunk?’

 

‘No. Clean up and I’ll go count money. I must go home and die alone.’

 

‘Alone?’

 

‘You born alone and die alone.’

 

‘Seriously you’re not drunk?’

 

Hoseok cleaned before Hyemi counted the money. When he came back she was cursing because of another mistake. He helped her and when they were on their way out she reminded him he had a question.

 

‘Right. Are you close with Kyungil?’

 

‘What do you mean?’ she asked while opening the door

 

‘Relationship?’

 

‘No.’ She answered simply and a bit to firm but next to the door was ealier mentioned guy. He was standing with her cardigan in one hand ‘So see you on Wednesday’ She smiled and wore her cardigan.

 

‘See you’ Hoseok smiled not looking at Kyungil but it was so hard. He wanted to know if he was looking at Hyemi or somewhere else, also he wanted see how he looked if better than him or no. And in that momet he recall how she looked in first day they met. To be honest she looked awful but in that moment he found it cute? The day after she looked much better and first, he was wondering why did she do that (he wanted to believe it was for him not for Yoongi), second he found her interesting and the more time they spent together the more he liked her (or even more?). His thoughts was interupted when he noticed Kyungil’s arm around Hyemi. Her answer made him confused. Something made him feel she was lying but he wanted believing she said the truth.

 

On his way home he was thinking about her. Actually he was thinking about her whole day so there were no difference. If only he knew Taehyung or other her friends he would ask them but because of the fact he was Jooheon’s best friend there were no chance for him to be close with them. He was with her at home doing… it was better not to know what did they do since her parents were away.

 

‘I need to pull myself together’ He said to himself before falling asleep.

 

 

***

Soooo, what do you think? ;d

And I'd like to say that the end of this story is soooooo close (what makes me happy and sad in the same time). But the amount of new chapters depends on my creativity :)