Chapter 1

So Lucky To Have You

I was sitting in the bus. Once again I was late. Actually being late is my habit but the fact that it was my work day… Soulji, an old lady who work with me called a bit ealier yelling at me but I’m not Harry Potter who can teleport himself. Around 5 minutes later the bus reached my stop. I run to the store where I work and quickly went change into t-shirt with store’s logo. I was happy that sight cannot kill other way I would be dead. I apologised Soulji and she smiled saing that one day I made her go insane. She’s about 60 y.o woman but looks like 50. When I started working there she was the one who taught me everything and she’s like grandma for me even if we used to fight a lot at the begining.

 

‘Next time if you be late…’ she said with serious face.

 

‘I won’t. You can go rest now I’ll take care of everything.’

 

‘Wait. I almost forget. Jihyo is fired. There is new boy. I taught him a bit but keep eyes on him. Don’t call the Boss, he’s on a trip. Bye.’

 

Sure. They left four people in their store and went on holidays. In here we work in pairs. First shift 6am-2.30pm second 2.30pm-11pm. So that’s mean as long as the boss is on his trip we will be working every day. Cool...

I didn’t pay any attention to new guy, I didn’t even know how he looks. I looked around to check what should I bring to fill empty spots. There were just a few missing things so I went out to get some fresh air and see the sun. Not so long later I heard quiet ‘hi’ behind my back. I answered without looking at him.

 

‘You’re Hyemi’ right?’ He’s voice was a bit husky and despite the fact he said just three words I liked it. It was quite weird.

 

‘Yeah, and you?’

 

‘Hoseok’ I turned to him and saw quite pretty guy and I was a little confused. Usually my co-workers were old (like Soulji or Byunghun) sometimes there were people around my age but… let’s say that Hoseok looks like god compare to them. When he smirked I noticed I stare a bit too long at him. ‘It’s quite boring job, isn’t it?’

 

‘You can quit. Go back, customersare coming.’ I pushed him slightly and he surprised me once again. When I was abou to touch him I thought he would be like a tofu but  I was so wrong. I was on my way back when I heard my name. I turned to see Yoongi. He kissed me and wrap his arms around my waist. I was happy to see him especially when I was too focused on Hoseok.

 

‘Now I see how hard is your job’ he smiled

 

‘Bad timing’ I smiled back

 

‘Actually I came just to tell you I can’t pick you tonight. Tomorrow is our pe…’

 

‘That’s okay. Another time. Now let me go cuz I’m working’

 

‘Yeah, I saw’ He gave me goodbye kiss.

 

Because of my work we barely see each other, also his performances make it harder. I didn't really remember when was the last time we spent more than 5 minutes together. SMS or calls are not the same what meets. I work for 8.5h from 2.30 to 11 p.m.. In fact I usually finish my work around 11.45 p.m.. So basically my days look like that:

 

1 p.m – wake up

2p.m – bus

2.10-2.15 p.m in the store

2.30 p.m – start of work

11 p.m - end

11 – 11.30 p.m cleaning, counting money etc.

12 a.m – walk to home

12.30 a.m - home

1 – 1.30 sleep

 

Every day is the same. When I have free time Yoongi is busy, when he's free I'm busy. But when we finaly can make it something comes up. Just like today. I don't really know what to do with it. Sometimes I worked 6a.m. - 2.30 p.m but it didn't change anything. It is hard for me to take day off because we have only 4 people and our chef went on holidays so no one can be hired. What a cruel life?

 

Hoseok played on his phone but put it down when he heard somebody enter.

Whole day was like that. Hoseok as casher whereas I did everything else. I was so tired. Not tired. Exhausted. We didn’t talk since we backed from the outside.

We closed the door and I told him to clean the floor. I counted money and put it to safe. Then change my clothes and sat on the sofa waiting for Hoseok.

 

‘Is everything okay? It was my first day.’ he said with dumb smile and right after without any hesitation he took off his shirt and wore his own.

 

‘Let’s go.’ I pushed him out of the room. Turned the alarm on and went out. When I closed the door said goodbye and make half a step.

 

‘Hey. Wait!’ I looked at him not moving ‘Where is your house?’

 

‘Why?’

 

‘I can walk you. It’s dark, late and you’re a girl.’

 

‘No thanks. See you tomorrow.’

 

When I reached home and look at the mirror I almost screamed. How could I look like that whole day?! And Yoongi saw me like this. I had to wake up ealier the next day.

 

 

 

***

 

 

I hope you'll enjoy my new story. I'll try my best to make this story interesting!