Chapter 11

So Lucky To Have You

Hoseok woke up after noon and all he could think about was water. When he tried got up he felt like he weight tone, his body didn’t want to cooperate with his mind. His way to the kitchen was torture. But he was too thirsty to stay at bed. He drank two bottles of cold water not looking at pain in his throat and then ha lied on the sofa hugging pillow. Just how much have I drank? Still with pillow in his arms he fall asleep.

 

In some other part of Seoul Hyemi was sitting in the kitchen and moving her chopstick inside bowl without noticing it. He couldn’t stop thinking about her conversation with Hoseok the day before. She couldn’t believe he hadn’t told her about Yoongi ealier and it hurt her but the fact he accused her she was cheating on Yoongi… How could he even think about it? She wasn’t that much good girl but she would never cheat.

 

Hoseok got up against his will: he turned around and fell on the ground still holding a pillow. He stood up in slow motion and then quickly sat on the sofa staring at turned off TV. Seeing his reflecion he went to the kitchen and drank some water and took a shower because he looked horrible. Right after he made ramyeon. While eating he couldn’t recall how he got into his house, what happened etc. His mind was blank and the last thing he rememberd was brown haired guy and giggling Hyemi when Kyungil left for a moment. He didn’t want to remember that but on the other hand he was curious what happened. Still eating he put his right elbow on the table and cupped his cheek and moved his head quickly surprised by pain. Leaving his food he went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. While showering he hadn’t felt that maybe because of the hunger but part of his right cheek has a bit different colour from the rest of his face. He frowned and then run to his bedroom and tried to find his phone fortunatelly it was on his bed. There were a few messages and missed calls from his friends. But only those from Hyunwoo or Kihyun (he didn’t saved their phones number and they were really simillar) cought his eyes.

 

‘Wake up and talk with her!’

 

‘Have you talked with her?’

 

‘Hoseok! Do something! Apologize! Beg for forgiveness!’ oh, yeah it wasn’t Hyunwoo but also seemed not Kihyun. Minhyuk?

 

‘Call when you wake up…’

 

He was staring at those messages with confusion. He bet ‘her’ was Hyemi, why should he talk with her? Or why should he apolog… Now his bruised cheek made a sense. He wasn’t sure why he had one but he could guess it wasn’t anything he would like to remember but he had to recall it. He wouldn’t call them until he recall what happened.

 

Hyemi was laying on the bed and hugging her panda. She was depressed and lot of things made her feel that way. Right after breaking up with Yoongi she had been wondering if he had had someone now she knew he had one even when they were together (Thanks to Jungkook for interupting them! Hyemi was curious if he knew about it and the same for Taehyung. He was her best friend, they were like that for a long time if he was hiding it from her she would kill him. Literally.). She was upset Hoseok hadn’t told her ealier. Maybe he was right she wouldn’t believe him at first but back then she knew her relationship got worst and worst so the chances were she would believe or check if he told the truth. To make matter worst Kyungil wasn’t at home and she had nobody to talkt or just spend time with. Taehyung for sure would come but she didn’t wanted to see him. Lots of people were sure he was in friendzone but it never been like that. They love each other but they wouldn’t be good couple. If there were friendzone then she would be the one who was in it. Their love was more like brother and sister than boy and girl and they were okay with that. Sometimes they joked if they didn’t have anyone when they were 35 they would marry. There were times when she was thinking seriously about it. If he was the same boyfriend/husband like a bestfriend then she would be the happiest in the whole universe. Maybe I should wait 15 years? Her thought was funny even for herself nonetheless she felt something wet on her cheeks.

 

NEXT DAY

 

Hoseok was a little bit late, in fact he was afraid of Hyemi. One might even say that he was terrified. He recalled what happened (with little help of his friends) and he regretted everything what he said to her. If only he could turn back time… It was unforgivable and he had no idea how could he say saomething like that. He felt like the bigges on Earth. The truth was he was thinking once or twice if she was cheating on Yoongi or even two-timed him but he knew she wasn’t that kind of girl. She was close with him (Hoseok) and there were no doubt she wasn’t with anyone in that time. So it mean Kyungil was her new boyfriend and he was sure she didn’t cheat on Yoongi or him (somekind) but when he saw her in pub with him and as if that was not enough with that brown haired guy he couldn’t think rationally. He made the biggest mistake in his entire life and now he had to pay for it. All he wanted was her forgiveness

 

When he entered the store there were no customers just Hyemi with KYUNGIL. Even Seolji and Byunghun weren’t there. After he changed his clothes and went back to where were Hyemi he heard Kyungil saing he would pick her up after work and went out. Hoseok took the chance and came closer to her but when she looked at him his bravery was all gone. The way she was looking at him, although her face was expressionless her eyes… He regretted his words much more than ealier.

 

‘Be a casher, please.’ she said and left him alone. Since she said those four words she did everything to avoid him. When he needed something from her she just nodded or shaked her head in answer. He was sure she would’t accept his apology but he had to do it. But he had to wait till the end of the work. Incoming and outgoing customers would interupt him and it would be ideal opportunity to run away from him. He wanted to apoligize not playing hide and seek, of course he prefered to play with her than apologize for his foolishness. He had to wait six more hours and somehow convince her to listen his apology but something told him it would be more difficult than swimming across the ocean. Seriously.

 

Since she left him alone Hyemi was trying not to look at him because when she saw his face he recall that awful smile and all ot the things which he had told her. He called her a few times and willy-nilly she had to go over there but didn’t bother to say anything. It was painful  for her. She didn’t like the fact they were like that. They used to be close and then he said such a things to her. She couldn’t just be like ‘hey, what’s up? Did you sleep well?’. In warehause she was thinking if she should talk with him but when she was looking at him she wanted to kill him not to talk. She was good friend for her and she loved to spent time with him but what he had said to her broke her heart. Somehow she could understand his action and she knew it was a bit her fault but it didn’t change the way she felt.


 

8.5h she was hiding from him and he was thinking how should he apologize her and… Let’s be honest.. force her to listening him. When there left about 5 minutes to closing both of them were anxious. Hyemi wanted to run away also Hoseok’s braveness disappeared but they had no choice. In time when Hoseok was counting the money she was cleaning the floors. Since counting took less time he was waiting for her and when she finally was in the same room with him he tried to say something but she left before he opened his mouth. She was back and sat on the sofa doing something in her phone.

 

‘Hyemi, I’d like t..’ He started without confidence, his voice was timid and quite shaky. He was looking straight at her and he could feel his heart hitting his ribs.

 

‘To apologize? To say you’re sorry?’ she was still looking at her phone not at him ‘Well, it won’t turn back time, all of those things you said are still in my head and… it hurts. It really does. I’m not blaming you because I’m not blameless but still I’ve never done anything to hurt you. If I did it wasn’t on purpose because I would never hurt the one I love or like on purpose but… All of that things you said then seemed planned, each next was worse than the previous one like looking at my suffering caused you joy. Don’t expect that I would run into your arms and say that everything is okay. Of course you can tell it was alcohol’s fault you couldn’t keep your nice opinion about me for yourself but still it was too hurtful for me. I really liked you but…’ All the time she was talking she didn’t even once looked at him. She was looking at her phone and talk with monotonous yet peaceful voice, he couldn’t see her face but her hands was trembling slightly.

 

‘I know, okay? I don’t know why did I said that. I’m sorry I ed up and I’m sorry I can’t fix it and I didn’t meant to but everytime I see you with Kyungil… I wish I could be like him for you.’

 

There were moment of silence between them. Hoseok didn’t dare to move or say anything more but then she stood up and put store’s keys on the table next to her ‘But you’ll never be.’ she said and left dumbfounded Hoseok alone.

 

 

***

A/N

 

Hello, hello, hello~ ^.^

I have a little problem with this story. Actually my problem is how to resolve their problem...

*sigh* It will be harder than I thought...

Anyway... Faithing?